Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.5.52 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

MLB All-Star Game Special: Save 50% on OOTP 20!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Blogs

Dynasty Blogs describing Out of the Park Baseball dynasties.
Old

Season 1872 wrap-up

Posted 11-07-2016 at 04:50 AM by TheEquinox (History Campaign - All The Way From 1871)
Updated 11-07-2016 at 04:51 AM by TheEquinox (moved to proper blog categories)

Another season is in the books. Surprisingly, this season had 50 games instead of 30. I didn't see that coming, but after all, my last 'mid-season' post was a bit too early I guess.

Whatever, lets have a look at the regular season results first:

Once again, we managed to end the season with a positive W/L ratio, but we didn't really stand a chance against Chicago this time. This is mostly due to an injury...
Minors (Single A)
Views 377 Comments 0 TheEquinox is offline Edit Tags
Old

1872 Midseason

Posted 11-06-2016 at 08:02 AM by TheEquinox (History Campaign - All The Way From 1871)
Updated 11-06-2016 at 08:03 AM by TheEquinox (moved to proper blog categories)

Okay, 15 of 30 ballgames are played, and things went really unlucky so far. Many close Ls 9-8, 7-6 a.s.o. have sent us to 3rd position in the NL:

Levi is getting his job done again, the other positive surprise so far is the new SP Candy Cummings, who did much better in his first season than I had feared. Many others didn't perform so far, so I made a few roster adjustment in the mid-season:

Minors (Single A)
Views 428 Comments 0 TheEquinox is offline Edit Tags
Old

1872 Opening Day Roster

Posted 11-06-2016 at 04:35 AM by TheEquinox (History Campaign - All The Way From 1871)
Updated 11-06-2016 at 04:36 AM by TheEquinox (moved to proper blog categories)

Hello there,

Opening Day is here and the final rosters are set up. Let's take a look at the changes. First of all, the new pitching staff:

I decided to send about half of our RPs back to the minor system, as 1-man rotations are still common in the MLB and with just one game every 1 or 2 weeks, we certainly don't need so many different pitchers. Whether or not the new season is going to be successful...
Minors (Single A)
Views 413 Comments 0 TheEquinox is offline Edit Tags
Old

Golden Glove, Platinum Stick, A triple crown and the Manager of the Year

Posted 11-05-2016 at 01:22 PM by TheEquinox (History Campaign - All The Way From 1871)
Updated 11-05-2016 at 01:23 PM by TheEquinox (moved to proper blog categories)

Here's another quick post, still related to the 1871 season.

I forgot to add the season awards to my 1871 season wrap up, so here we go.

Here's the Platinum Sticks:

Levi grabbing the award for the 3B position isn't really a surprise. As the best AVG hitter in the young MLB history, this was a no-brainer. However, it's a little sad, he was the only one in our team who was honored here. Something...
Minors (Single A)
Views 513 Comments 0 TheEquinox is offline Edit Tags
Old

Pre-Season 1872, Trades, First-Year Player Draft

Posted 11-05-2016 at 12:59 PM by TheEquinox (History Campaign - All The Way From 1871)
Updated 11-05-2016 at 12:59 PM by TheEquinox (moved to proper blog categories)

Okay, long and picture heavy post coming up now. Several key trades and some nice captures in the draft which I think are worth mentioning.

I'll make a separate post for the final roster at the start of the 1872 season.

Okay, let's get started.

First trade was made right after the end of the 1871 Playoffs. And it was a big one:

Our englishman and RBI-hunter Al Reach was shipped...
Minors (Single A)
Views 390 Comments 0 TheEquinox is offline Edit Tags