Home | Webstore
Latest News: FHM 5 Available - OOTP 19 Available! - MLB Manager 2018 Available Now

OOTP Baseball 20 - AVAILABLE NOW!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team > PT Bug Reports Forum

PT Bug Reports Forum Have a Perfect Team bug to report? Please post here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2018, 12:59 PM   #1
ASURay
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: WA
Posts: 165
Thanks: 0
Thanked 71x in 36 posts
Disappearing Positional Ratings

I spent quite a few games last season in Bronze trying to add positional flexibility to some of my cards. I played 2017 Altuve at SS, 1949 Vern Stephens at 2B, Jordon Adell at LF, etc. All of those ratings carried over to the new (Silver) season except for one. I just noticed that Vern Stephens has no rating at 2B despite playing 63 games there in Bronze last year. Any reason why that would happen? He certainly has the chops to be a solid 2B (87/50/85/85 IF ratings) and had worked his way up to a 50+ rating at 2B by the end of last year.
ASURay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 01:06 PM   #2
Rain King
All Star Reserve
 
Rain King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 556
Thanks: 261
Thanked 292x in 188 posts
Have you been playing him there this season? You can build up the rating by giving them experience, but they can also lose experience if they haven't been playing the position recently.
Rain King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 01:09 PM   #3
ASURay
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: WA
Posts: 165
Thanks: 0
Thanked 71x in 36 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain King View Post
Have you been playing him there this season? You can build up the rating by giving them experience, but they can also lose experience if they haven't been playing the position recently.
He hasn't played there this year but Altuve hasn't played SS this year and he still has the same SS rating that he ended last season with. Players shouldn't lose a positional rating over the course of 50 games, anyways.
ASURay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 01:26 PM   #4
Rain King
All Star Reserve
 
Rain King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 556
Thanks: 261
Thanked 292x in 188 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASURay View Post
He hasn't played there this year but Altuve hasn't played SS this year and he still has the same SS rating that he ended last season with. Players shouldn't lose a positional rating over the course of 50 games, anyways.
It is going to be based on a combination of how much experience they have built up and their fielding ratings. This player probably never got very far passed the minimum experience needed and so lost it quicker than whatever Altuve's situation is. It is going to be different for each player. It works pretty intuitively in most cases that I have seen.
Rain King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 01:26 PM   #5
Rain King
All Star Reserve
 
Rain King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 556
Thanks: 261
Thanked 292x in 188 posts
It should also be mentioned that just because a player doesn't have a rating, doesn't mean they are going to be awful at the position.
Rain King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 01:30 PM   #6
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer
 
Matt Arnold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,718
Thanks: 936
Thanked 9,675x in 3,777 posts
Did you do anything special with Stephens during the time between seasons? Like, was he on your inactive list, or up for auction, or something like that?

I'm not saying that's necessarily illegal or should prevent it from carrying forward, but just trying to figure out why things happened. I had a similar thing, where my Tulo ratings at 2B and 3B carried forward perfectly fine, but I had a Jim Wynn that I trained in LF who lost his LF after I tried to sell him at auction. If there's something in common among the guys who lost ratings, that might help us track things down better.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
BoofBonser26 (12-12-2018), Rain King (12-12-2018)
Old 12-12-2018, 02:47 PM   #7
Dogberry99
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Wichita Falls, TX
Posts: 472
Thanks: 308
Thanked 243x in 170 posts
Infractions: 1/0 (0)
When deactivating a card, we get the following warning in the confirmation: "Deactivating the card will remove the player from your roster and clear his season stats." If their season stats are wiped, then that ought to remove the experience they built during that season. And if a card is put up for auction, it is considered to be inactive.

However, the players I have bought at auction have retained stats they've accrued from earlier in the same season in which they were acquired. Stats were also retained for players that were just removed from my lineup who I deactivated and reactivated.
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 04:23 PM   #8
noragar
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 36
Thanks: 3
Thanked 11x in 8 posts
There's a thread in the bug forum about this that so far hasn't gotten a response.

George Vukovich was a 65 in LF and a 2 in CF at the end of last season. He was never moved from the active roster. This season, he started back at his original 49 and 0. He's slowly building his LF rating back up again this season. All defensive improvements for all of my other players were kept intact.

The thread starter also had exactly one out of several players lose their added position ratings.

All defensive improvements for other players were kept.
noragar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 04:53 PM   #9
ASURay
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: WA
Posts: 165
Thanks: 0
Thanked 71x in 36 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain King View Post
It is going to be based on a combination of how much experience they have built up and their fielding ratings. This player probably never got very far passed the minimum experience needed and so lost it quicker than whatever Altuve's situation is. It is going to be different for each player. It works pretty intuitively in most cases that I have seen.
He had accrued 60+ games at 2B, the same number as Altuve had at SS. Stephens is an excellent defensive infielder. He's a high-70s/low-80s SS and would prb be close to a 90 2B with enough training. He was up at ~49 at 2B in just 63 games.
ASURay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 04:54 PM   #10
ASURay
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: WA
Posts: 165
Thanks: 0
Thanked 71x in 36 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Did you do anything special with Stephens during the time between seasons? Like, was he on your inactive list, or up for auction, or something like that?

I'm not saying that's necessarily illegal or should prevent it from carrying forward, but just trying to figure out why things happened. I had a similar thing, where my Tulo ratings at 2B and 3B carried forward perfectly fine, but I had a Jim Wynn that I trained in LF who lost his LF after I tried to sell him at auction. If there's something in common among the guys who lost ratings, that might help us track things down better.
Stephens wasn't involved in any roster moves. He has been on my active roster after I bought him at auction midway through the last season.
ASURay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 04:55 PM   #11
ASURay
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: WA
Posts: 165
Thanks: 0
Thanked 71x in 36 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
When deactivating a card, we get the following warning in the confirmation: "Deactivating the card will remove the player from your roster and clear his season stats." If their season stats are wiped, then that ought to remove the experience they built during that season. And if a card is put up for auction, it is considered to be inactive.

However, the players I have bought at auction have retained stats they've accrued from earlier in the same season in which they were acquired. Stats were also retained for players that were just removed from my lineup who I deactivated and reactivated.
Oddly enough, Stephens has stats from the last team he was with on his card that carried over to my team after I bought him at auction.
ASURay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 04:57 PM   #12
ASURay
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: WA
Posts: 165
Thanks: 0
Thanked 71x in 36 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noragar View Post
There's a thread in the bug forum about this that so far hasn't gotten a response.

George Vukovich was a 65 in LF and a 2 in CF at the end of last season. He was never moved from the active roster. This season, he started back at his original 49 and 0. He's slowly building his LF rating back up again this season. All defensive improvements for all of my other players were kept intact.

The thread starter also had exactly one out of several players lose their added position ratings.

All defensive improvements for other players were kept.
This is basically what happened to me. I was training Justin Turner at 1B, Jose Altuve at SS, Vern Stephens at 2B, Jordon Adell at LF, and Tim Raines Sr. at RF. All of them have been on my active roster since I acquired them and played at least 60 games at their new position last season. Turner, Altuve, Adell, and Raines all started this season with all of their defensive progress but Stephens' 2B rating was reset to zero. He still shows all of his defensive stats at 2B in his player card.
ASURay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 05:02 PM   #13
noragar
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 36
Thanks: 3
Thanked 11x in 8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASURay View Post
Stephens wasn't involved in any roster moves. He has been on my active roster after I bought him at auction midway through the last season.
Looking for something in common, I also bought Vukovich midway through last season.

As an aside, the other player from the other thread that lost his rating was Lindor losing 2b.
noragar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 01:59 PM   #14
ASURay
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: WA
Posts: 165
Thanks: 0
Thanked 71x in 36 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noragar View Post
Looking for something in common, I also bought Vukovich midway through last season.

As an aside, the other player from the other thread that lost his rating was Lindor losing 2b.
Of the other players that retained ratings, one was pulled from my starter packs (Adell), two were pulled from packs mid-season (Altuve and Turner), and three were auction buys (Crosby, Raines, and Stephens).
ASURay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 05:15 PM   #15
el_gringo
Minors (Triple A)
 
el_gringo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 264
Thanks: 425
Thanked 181x in 95 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noragar View Post
Looking for something in common, I also bought Vukovich midway through last season.

As an aside, the other player from the other thread that lost his rating was Lindor losing 2b.
That Lindor (mine) was purchased midway through the season at the AH as well. Common factor indeed...
el_gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 02:09 PM   #16
ASURay
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: WA
Posts: 165
Thanks: 0
Thanked 71x in 36 posts
The difference between Stephens and the other guys I bought at auction whose ratings didn't reset was that Stephens had played for another team before I bought him. The other cards went right to auction.
ASURay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 12:34 AM   #17
noragar
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 36
Thanks: 3
Thanked 11x in 8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASURay View Post
The difference between Stephens and the other guys I bought at auction whose ratings didn't reset was that Stephens had played for another team before I bought him. The other cards went right to auction.
Vukovich doesn't show a stat line as if he had played for his previous team.
noragar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 10:21 AM   #18
Angamanon
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Fulton, MS
Posts: 4
Thanks: 48
Thanked 7x in 4 posts
Player Position Reset to 0 after promotion

I have just experienced this. I bought a Chipper Jones 89 All Star mid way through last season and played him exclusively at 2nd the entire year. By the time of the playoffs yesterday he had a high 40's defensive rating at 2nd. When I logged in today ALL of the experience and ratings for playing 2nd has been lost. Team TheHammer. This is really frustrating.
Angamanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
TwinsFan (12-17-2018)
Old 12-17-2018, 11:07 AM   #19
TwinsFan
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: We're on some planet in outer space
Posts: 170
Thanks: 57
Thanked 25x in 14 posts
I had it happen to a Fred Lynn I purchased mid season and RF.

Last edited by TwinsFan; 12-17-2018 at 04:54 PM.
TwinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 11:38 AM   #20
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP
 
Markus Heinsohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Germany
Posts: 22,785
Thanks: 5,414
Thanked 37,923x in 5,954 posts
Sorry, but we have not figured out yet what causes this.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Angamanon (12-17-2018)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:40 AM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Out of the Park Developments