Home | Webstore
Latest News: FHM 5 Available - OOTP 19 Available! - MLB Manager 2018 Available Now

OOTP Baseball 20 - AVAILABLE NOW!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-19-2017, 12:26 PM   #861
swoboda
All Star Reserve

Thanked 444x in 225 posts
Smile

Tick,,,,,tick....tick.....
Attached Images
actionjackson (03-19-2017), Airdrop01 (03-19-2017), Caporegime (03-19-2017), Chico Guilbault (03-19-2017), Coltrane (03-19-2017), Sam_15 (03-19-2017), Tunnelrunner (03-19-2017)
Old 03-19-2017, 12:29 PM   #862
Chico Guilbault
All Star Reserve

Thanked 610x in 245 posts
Answer unclear...try again later.
Attached Images
Chico Guilbault is online now   Reply With Quote
4 thanks for this post:
actionjackson (03-19-2017), Airdrop01 (03-19-2017), Caporegime (03-19-2017), Sam_15 (03-19-2017)
Old 03-19-2017, 12:29 PM   #863
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 698x in 485 posts
I predict we will begin to receive emails about the preorders to download around 8 to 10am tomorrow
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
3 thanks for this post:
actionjackson (03-19-2017), Airdrop01 (03-19-2017), Caporegime (03-19-2017)
Old 03-19-2017, 02:25 PM   #864
Sam_15
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 292x in 109 posts
Looks like I'm a tad late to the party, but this guy was a member of the Sox and has already been posted about in this thread, so I'll spare you one of my meandering write-ups! He wore #0 for the Royals. #0 George Scott.

Great thread everyone! Really made me look forward to the release even more!
Attached Images
Sam_15 is offline   Reply With Quote
4 thanks for this post:
actionjackson (03-19-2017), Airdrop01 (03-19-2017), Caporegime (03-19-2017), Chico Guilbault (03-19-2017)
Old 03-19-2017, 02:29 PM   #865
Caporegime
All Star Starter

Thanked 1,198x in 486 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjl518 View Post
i just want to thank everyone who contributed to this thread when i started it two months ago.
It has been awesome to see great pics of baseball history and lots of opinions and facts about the game.
It has been a great pleasure to read this awesome thread and i look forward to the Countdown to Release OOTP 19 next year!
Until then, Markus, on behalf of all of us who love this great game, you may release when ready!
Perfectly stated.

This was the first time I ever participated in an OOTP countdown thread, and like you, I really enjoyed the total experience....the pics, the facts, the stories, the memories.. .all wonderful.

In addition, participating in this thread seemingly made the past two months feel as if they elapsed so quickly, didn't it? One would expect the exact opposite to be true in a daily thread whose sole purpose is to remind its participants of precisely how many days are left until something they're eagerly anticipating possessing is made available to them. Not so here.

All the best to everyone, and happy simming!
actionjackson (03-19-2017), Airdrop01 (03-19-2017), Calvert98 (03-24-2017), Chico Guilbault (03-19-2017), Germaniac (03-19-2017), rjl518 (03-19-2017), Sam_15 (03-19-2017)
Old 03-19-2017, 02:41 PM   #866
Germaniac
All Star Starter

Thanked 1,203x in 676 posts
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947

Germaniac is online now   Reply With Quote
4 thanks for this post:
actionjackson (03-19-2017), Caporegime (03-19-2017), Chico Guilbault (03-19-2017), Sam_15 (03-19-2017)
Old 03-19-2017, 02:45 PM   #867
Germaniac
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caporegime View Post
Perfectly stated.

This was the first time I ever participated in an OOTP countdown thread, and like you, I really enjoyed the total experience....the pics, the facts, the stories, the memories.. .all wonderful.

In addition, participating in this thread seemingly made the past two months feel as if they elapsed so quickly, didn't it? One would expect the exact opposite to be true in a daily thread whose sole purpose is to remind its participants of precisely how many days are left until something they're eagerly anticipating possessing is made available to them. Not so here.

All the best to everyone, and happy simming!
Perfectly said. Instead of waiting, waiting, waiting we had something to do and we had fun doing it.

I usually participate in this countdown, but I never enjoyed it as much as I did this year ... all the guys wrote a few things about the player they were posting - it was a great ride.

And don't worry, we're only about 300+ days away from our next countdown

Happy Chandler, 1947

5 thanks for this post:
actionjackson (03-19-2017), Caporegime (03-19-2017), MisterCubs (03-19-2017), rjl518 (03-19-2017), Sam_15 (03-19-2017)
Old 03-19-2017, 03:58 PM   #868
MisterCubs
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 36x in 19 posts
It will be the final few hours that take the longest to pass. I just want it to be Monday already
MisterCubs is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
Chico Guilbault (03-19-2017), OriolesFan52 (03-19-2017)
Old 03-19-2017, 04:45 PM   #869
chuy1530
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 31x in 16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCubs View Post
It will be the final few hours that take the longest to pass. I just want it to be Monday already
The worst is that I'll see the email on my phone tomorrow while I'm at work, and I won't get off until 7 PM to play it.
chuy1530 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
Chico Guilbault (03-19-2017), reds1869 (03-19-2017)
Old 03-19-2017, 05:05 PM   #870
joejccva71
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 22x in 13 posts
Can any dev confirm what time the beta drops tomorrow?
joejccva71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 01:34 PM   #871
jeffersons34n2
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 30x in 19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
This guy was never much good. A 39-81 lifetime record, 4.81 ERA, 83 ERA+, a 1.00 career K/BB rate. So why am I bothering to post him in this thread which features many great players? Quite simple really. He was the starting and winning pitcher for my favourite Blue Jays in the first game I ever saw live (boxscore here), so he will always hold a special place in my heart. Caporegime's guy LaRoche even showed up later in the game for the Angels (wearing the number 17 though). Jesse Jefferson #34
You know what...it was brought to my attention from a member on this page that this post has been up. If you didn't want to post this...then you shouldn't have...I found this site to ONLY locate photos from my Dad's playing days that I didn't even know where taken...and to see this mess you wrote about him...not cool at all....although I've seen worst and have contacted those who have wrote some serious mess about my father....so I'm not going to let this slide either...yes my Dad was the best in YOUR opinion and that's what it's worth not much....but my Dad over came a lot just to get drafted by the Orioles...my Dad was involved in a car accident his senior year and when he buddy fell asleep at the wheel and crashed head into a tree and my Dad went through the windshield...if you notice the scare over his right eye...my Dad was blessed and lucky to not have lost his vision or his life....there's so many Great ball players on this thread and I respect them all..especially the ones my Dad played against...so next you feel free to NOT want to post something...maybe you shouldnt...you have no idea how many other players families that may be on this site just looking for pictures of their loved ones.
jeffersons34n2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
actionjackson (03-24-2017)
Old 03-24-2017, 04:22 PM   #872
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 3,026x in 1,857 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffersons34n2 View Post
You know what...it was brought to my attention from a member on this page that this post has been up. If you didn't want to post this...then you shouldn't have...I found this site to ONLY locate photos from my Dad's playing days that I didn't even know where taken...and to see this mess you wrote about him...not cool at all....although I've seen worst and have contacted those who have wrote some serious mess about my father....so I'm not going to let this slide either...yes my Dad was the best in YOUR opinion and that's what it's worth not much....but my Dad over came a lot just to get drafted by the Orioles...my Dad was involved in a car accident his senior year and when he buddy fell asleep at the wheel and crashed head into a tree and my Dad went through the windshield...if you notice the scare over his right eye...my Dad was blessed and lucky to not have lost his vision or his life....there's so many Great ball players on this thread and I respect them all..especially the ones my Dad played against...so next you feel free to NOT want to post something...maybe you shouldnt...you have no idea how many other players families that may be on this site just looking for pictures of their loved ones.
Duly noted. I'm sorry I offended you. I'll try to do better next time. I did say some nasty things, but I also said he would always hold a special place in my heart because he was the starting pitcher at the first game I ever went to, and because of that I rooted a bit extra for him as a kid. I'm human too, and sometimes I forget that there are human beings attached to the statistics I follow so passionately in this wonderful game, and that these human beings have families who know them as much more than a bunch of silly numbers that say nothing about the man who compiled them. Like I said, I'll try to be a better person next time.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
3 thanks for this post:
Germaniac (03-24-2017), JaBurns (03-24-2017), Sam_15 (03-24-2017)
Old 03-24-2017, 04:33 PM   #873
Germaniac
All Star Starter

I fully understand the concerns by jeffersons34n2, absolutely.

Most of us don't have or didn't have these backgrounds available to us - we don't want to hurt somebody's feelings, we simply want to kill time until release day.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention - but we definitely didn't want to hurt your (or anybody else's) feelings.

Happy Chandler, 1947

2 thanks for this post:
actionjackson (03-24-2017), Sam_15 (03-24-2017)
Old 03-24-2017, 04:52 PM   #874
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germaniac View Post
I fully understand the concerns by jeffersons34n2, absolutely.

Most of us don't have or didn't have these backgrounds available to us - we don't want to hurt somebody's feelings, we simply want to kill time until release day.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention - but we definitely didn't want to hurt your (or anybody else's) feelings.
I guess the lesson here is that words matter, especially on the internet. Why I can't get that through my thick skull I don't know.
Old 03-24-2017, 06:11 PM   #875
Huckleberry
All Star Reserve

Thanked 151x in 86 posts
Quote:
I guess the lesson here is that words matter, especially on the internet. Why I can't get that through my thick skull I don't know.
Because you didn't do anything wrong. It's understandable that the poster took offense but that's because the subject is their father. People lose their objectivity and ability to consider context when it comes to family (and that's perfectly okay).

The context in this case is that you were discussing someone as compared to the all-time greats of baseball. In that context, your statement that he wasn't much good is 100% accurate. But being "not much good" in a discussion of all-time greats doesn't mean he wasn't a great baseball player. Even being in the discussion means that you're in the top fraction of a percent of the population.

Not to mention the fact that you certainly didn't say anything about him as a man. Again, both sides are perfectly understandable.

Last edited by Huckleberry; 03-24-2017 at 06:12 PM.
Huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
actionjackson (03-24-2017), Sam_15 (03-24-2017)
Old 03-24-2017, 09:32 PM   #876
jeffersons34n2
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 30x in 19 posts
Quote:
Duly noted. I'm sorry I offended you. I'll try to do better next time. I did say some nasty things, but I also said he would always hold a special place in my heart because he was the starting pitcher at the first game I ever went to, and because of that I rooted a bit extra for him as a kid. I'm human too, and sometimes I forget that there are human beings attached to the statistics I follow so passionately in this wonderful game, and that these human beings have families who know them as much more than a bunch of silly numbers that say nothing about the man who compiled them. Like I said, I'll try to be a better person next time.
I do appreciate that....ever since he passed I've found some nasty things posted about my Father...and I handled all of them...I do appreciate your response...I was actually playing ball in California when he was diagnosed with prostate cancer...so I put my dreams of following him on hold to move back home and take care of him before he passed...trust me I didn't give a damn...about his numbers...the fact my dad played in the MLB will forever and always make him my hall of famer...but I appreciate you reaching out God Bless you brother.
Thank you for this post:
Old 03-24-2017, 09:36 PM   #877
jeffersons34n2
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 30x in 19 posts
Quote:
It's all good...you know I've always heard stories of my dad being wild and had control prpblems...hell when I threw with him it was an adventure...I had much more control than he ever did but I he didn't teach me how to throw...I saw him throw and picked it up...but it is what it is..and like I said this was nothing compared to what I've seen and reacted to..I respect everybody's opinion... it some people have gone too far.
Thank you for this post:
Old 03-24-2017, 09:38 PM   #878
jeffersons34n2
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 30x in 19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
Because you didn't do anything wrong. It's understandable that the poster took offense but that's because the subject is their father. People lose their objectivity and ability to consider context when it comes to family (and that's perfectly okay).

The context in this case is that you were discussing someone as compared to the all-time greats of baseball. In that context, your statement that he wasn't much good is 100% accurate. But being "not much good" in a discussion of all-time greats doesn't mean he wasn't a great baseball player. Even being in the discussion means that you're in the top fraction of a percent of the population.

Not to mention the fact that you certainly didn't say anything about him as a man. Again, both sides are perfectly understandable.
I totally agree with you...was I quick to respond yes...but like I said it's all good...do I wish his numbers were better of course but it is what it is.
Thank you for this post:
Old 03-24-2017, 10:28 PM   #879
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffersons34n2 View Post
I do appreciate that....ever since he passed I've found some nasty things posted about my Father...and I handled all of them...I do appreciate your response...I was actually playing ball in California when he was diagnosed with prostate cancer...so I put my dreams of following him on hold to move back home and take care of him before he passed...trust me I didn't give a damn...about his numbers...the fact my dad played in the MLB will forever and always make him my hall of famer...but I appreciate you reaching out God Bless you brother.
Thanks for this. Here's the boxscore of that first game I went to. Your dad pitched well that day and got the win for the good guys. So you see, he was a big part of the game that turned me into a baseball fan for life. I'm sorry he came to such a difficult end, but I'm glad you were able to be there for him.
Thank you for this post:
jeffersons34n2 (03-26-2017)