Home | Webstore
Latest News: FHM 5 Available - OOTP 19 Available! - MLB Manager 2018 Available Now

OOTP Baseball 20 - AVAILABLE NOW!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2017, 11:05 PM   #81
schreck
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 38
Thanks: 3
Thanked 12x in 12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
Nope, not likely now. Congratulations to Aaron Judge for setting the record for home runs by a rookie with his 50th blast today. He has come back with a bang in September, after swooning in July and August.
And that swoon is looking more and more likely to have been the result of a nagging shoulder injury he was playing through. No saying he's an all-time, but the guy is having as good or better season as any other position player this year by WAR, WRC+, etc.

If he's able to make adjustments like Stanton and Bryant have to cut back a bit on his K's, and stays healthy, he could be special. No way to know, but that's the fun of it all.
schreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 09:48 AM   #82
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer
 
Déjà Bru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 6,773
Blog Entries: 4
Thanks: 1,423
Thanked 3,653x in 2,068 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
I predict Judge will end up hitting .268/.383/.589 with 47 HR this year.
You were looking good for a while there, Markus, but his September surge destroyed your prediction.
Attached Images
Image 
__________________

- Bru


Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
davor999 (10-07-2017)
Old 10-02-2017, 03:13 PM   #83
x McLovin x
Minors (Single A)
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 55
Thanks: 21
Thanked 8x in 5 posts
Will there be any future ratings updates to OOTP 18, specifically any which would include an update to Judge's ratings? I've run multiple sims spanning 10+ years using the latest update and he seems to always hover around .250/.330/.470. I think we can all agree that this isn't Judge's true talent level. While I would love to make him a lifetime Yankee in my playthroughs, I feel obligated to trade him given the disconnect between reality and his in-game performance.

Also, it's very hard to extend him in general due to his High Greed personality trait. Just curious - are these personality traits randomly assigned or somewhat based off reality? Anecdotally, I feel like more often than not, I notice that the in-game personality traits tend to mirror the common public perceptions of the players. If this is the case, seems Judge's traits are in need of fine-tuning.

Last edited by x McLovin x; 10-02-2017 at 03:21 PM.
x McLovin x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 03:38 PM   #84
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer
 
Déjà Bru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 6,773
Blog Entries: 4
Thanks: 1,423
Thanked 3,653x in 2,068 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by x McLovin x View Post
Will there be any future ratings updates to OOTP 18, specifically any which would include an update to Judge's ratings? I've run multiple sims spanning 10+ years using the latest update and he seems to always hover around .250/.330/.470. I think we can all agree that this isn't Judge's true talent level. While I would love to make him a lifetime Yankee in my playthroughs, I feel obligated to trade him given the disconnect between reality and his in-game performance.

Also, it's very hard to extend him in general due to his High Greed personality trait. Just curious - are these personality traits randomly assigned or somewhat based off reality? Anecdotally, I feel like more often than not, I notice that the in-game personality traits tend to mirror the common public perceptions of the players. If this is the case, seems Judge's traits are in need of fine-tuning.
This is one reason why I am glad that I don't play OOTPB with real players. I'd be driving myself crazy tweaking ratings. Especially if I saw somebody like AJ (so far) rated with High Greed.

To answer your questions, as far as I can recall from reading here, Judge's baseball ratings will likely go up with the next version of OOTPB but his personality rating is random. The designers don't meddle with that and I believe most reality-simulating game players have personalities turned off for that reason. Correct me if I am wrong.
__________________

- Bru



Last edited by Déjà Bru; 10-02-2017 at 03:39 PM.
Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Andy (10-02-2017)
Old 10-03-2017, 04:56 PM   #85
NoOne
Hall Of Famer
 
NoOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 6,155
Thanks: 621
Thanked 1,659x in 1,346 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8 View Post
Nobody would have even heard of his name before. People would bring up last season and say his ratings should probably be 40/55. I mean, the Brewers are in first place, nine games above .500, and people act like they are 4th in the NL Central at 40-51 instead of 51-40.
are the brewers still in the MLB?

at least your river doesn't light on fire, randomly.... cleveland! LoL but milwaukee does have a problem with their water filtration system... i guess it doesn't filter out the hormones and such that are evacuated after use of things like birth control... milwaukee-ians are drinking female hormones everyday! among other thigns... ( and not actually localized to milwaukee... a dirty little secret all over, if you have city water you likely have the same problem(s))

Last edited by NoOne; 10-03-2017 at 04:57 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 04:58 PM   #86
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team
 
ohiodevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Rocky River, Ohio
Posts: 1,608
Thanks: 524
Thanked 491x in 330 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post

at least your river doesn't light on fire, randomly.... cleveland!
Spoken like someone that has not been to Cleveland in the last 10 to 15 years......the river fire happened almost 50 years ago......

Last edited by ohiodevil; 10-03-2017 at 05:18 PM.
ohiodevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 10:18 PM   #87
diesel230
All Star Reserve
 
diesel230's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 561
Thanks: 212
Thanked 202x in 124 posts
In my league running since 2015, i run the Yankees. I dealt Judge and Severino in a package to the Marlins. He made his mlb debut in 2017 for Miami. He won rookie of the month in April and June. He was having a nice lil rookie season (nothing close to real life) when a he took a fastball to the head and retired due to concussion.

I don't know if its since been "fixed", but I've mentioned in the past it seems a little unrealistic that a player gets injured, says its career ending, gets released and retires within a couple days of the injury. Usually its played out longer irl.

Do players ever come back from retirement "in game", not thru commish mode and manually un-retiring?

Last edited by diesel230; 10-05-2017 at 09:20 AM.
diesel230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 09:17 AM   #88
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer
 
Déjà Bru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 6,773
Blog Entries: 4
Thanks: 1,423
Thanked 3,653x in 2,068 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel230 View Post
In my league running since 2015, i run the Yankees. I dealt Judge and Severino in a package to the Marlins. He made his mlb debut in 2017 for Miami. He won rookie of the month in April and June. He was having a nice lil rookie season (nothing close to real life) when a he took a fastball to the head and retired due to concussion.

I don't know if its since been "fixed", but I've mentioned in the past it seems a little unrealistic that a player gets injured, says its career ending, gets released and retires within a couple days of the injury. Usually its played out longer irl.

Do players have come back from retirement "in game", not thru commish mode and manually un-retiring?
OMG! Your first paragraph gave me goosebumps, twice!

Yes, I still think that is the case about CEI, that it's resolved a bit too quickly. They improve handling of injuries in this game from time to time and maybe that will be on the list next.

No, I have never seen anybody come back from retirement as part of normal gameplay.
__________________

- Bru


Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 02:40 PM   #89
NoOne
Hall Of Famer
 
NoOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 6,155
Thanks: 621
Thanked 1,659x in 1,346 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiodevil View Post
Spoken like someone that has not been to Cleveland in the last 10 to 15 years......the river fire happened almost 50 years ago......
that's an argument for its cleanliness

"our river hasn't lit on fire in decades!" -- that's hilarious to think about... in a sad, sad way.

Kalamazoo can say that too (possibly more recently than cleveland, lol) i lived there for 10 years...

if you eat fish out of the kalamazoo river, it should only be because you hate your unborn future children and want them to have some sort of disability or be just plain dumber than they could have been



it's a good thing the US just slashed the EPA's budget by 40% and instated a hiring freeze... give it time. these rivers will combust again. too much money on 'their' side.

@CEI stuff:

delayed injury option? not sure if it even comes into play here, but worth a look, if that sort of thing rubs you the wrong way.

Last edited by NoOne; 10-06-2017 at 02:42 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 06:54 PM   #90
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team
 
ohiodevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Rocky River, Ohio
Posts: 1,608
Thanks: 524
Thanked 491x in 330 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
that's an argument for its cleanliness

"our river hasn't lit on fire in decades!" -- that's hilarious to think about... in a sad, sad way.
When you say it that way it sure does
ohiodevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:52 AM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Out of the Park Developments