Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.4.40 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

OOTP Baseball 20 - AVAILABLE NOW!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-22-2017, 06:09 AM   #41
Caporegime
All Star Starter

Thanked 1,203x in 490 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nster View Post
how can I add WBC to my current league I moved in from OOTP 17??? or any other world leagues ??? Of which I didn't origionate before
Go to: Global Settings / Available Global Actions. Select from the drop down menu "Add new tournament to this game" or (if you want to add a new league to your game) "Add new league to this game".

Last edited by Caporegime; 03-22-2017 at 06:11 AM.
Caporegime is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
spleen1015 (03-22-2017)
Old 03-22-2017, 06:30 AM   #42
tlowe77
Major Leagues

Thanked 125x in 82 posts
I want the ability to have teams from different leagues be in a tournament OR have the ability to schedule an association playoffs whenever you want with it's own league history.

Can you have a tournament between states or just nations?
tlowe77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 07:54 AM   #43
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Thanked 10,170x in 3,973 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatiron63 View Post
Is there a way to work around players that decline? I added a WBC tournament to my league I imported from 17 and there are several nations where the top players decline to participate. I know this is a reality that players do decline, but for the purposes of my game I want the best players in the lineups. I have the settings set for the maximum and minimum league talent level. I see the box in league settings "batter/pitcher rejection amount" but it is grayed out and I cannot adjust it.
Any ideas??
Thanks!
The only way that box should be greyed out is if you have it set to All (manual selection) for the tournament roster source instead of having players picked by nation. We may be accidentally locking in the choice - it should be set to never reject if you have it set to the all (manual selection). By default it should not be greyed out.

And in those cases, players may show up as declined if they don't match all the rules of the tournament, so I would double check the tournament rules to make sure they all match.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 08:10 AM   #44
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlowe77 View Post
I want the ability to have teams from different leagues be in a tournament OR have the ability to schedule an association playoffs whenever you want with it's own league history.

Can you have a tournament between states or just nations?
Currently you can't directly schedule tournaments between teams from different leagues.

What you can do to come close to that is create a tournament, affiliate it with several leagues, create tournament teams for each team you want to compete, and then set the tournament "roster source" to teams, and choose them. The tournament teams will not be internally linked to the other teams, so they won't use the same coaches, strategies, or anything like that, but it's the closest you can come. Other than using associations to set up an association playoffs, if that setup works for which teams you want to choose. But as mentioned, the association playoffs are set to only go after the season (mostly don't want teams trading guys during an association playoffs, for example.

If you want to select a tournament between states, you would have to set up the regions in-game to have regions that correspond to each state, and then you can create a tournament where players are selected based on region.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
gbmoore121 (03-22-2017), tlowe77 (03-22-2017)
Old 03-22-2017, 02:33 PM   #45
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,076x in 718 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
If you want to select a tournament between states, you would have to set up the regions in-game to have regions that correspond to each state, and then you can create a tournament where players are selected based on region.
I tried to do this with US states (since they have in game regions already), but the game became unresponsive when I tried to sim past the "roster selection" date.

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 02:52 PM   #46
andyhdz
All Star Reserve

Thanked 328x in 190 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomaniac View Post
I tried to do this with US states (since they have in game regions already), but the game became unresponsive when I tried to sim past the "roster selection" date.
That's interesting you say that. Did you make sure you didn't overlap any regions? I set my wbc with a mix of nations and regions (ex: central america, Mediterranean) and it worked fine.
andyhdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 02:58 PM   #47
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,076x in 718 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyhdz View Post
That's interesting you say that. Did you make sure you didn't overlap any regions? I set my wbc with a mix of nations and regions (ex: central america, Mediterranean) and it worked fine.
When I get time I'll try it with fewer teams, and make sure that I don't duplicate any.

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 02:59 PM   #48
bigsmooth
Major Leagues

Thanked 33x in 28 posts
Has anyone tried the new AFL option yet? If so, how is it?
bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 03:23 PM   #49
Huckleberry
All Star Reserve

Thanked 151x in 86 posts
My question relates to team selection basis using regions, etc. Because the world_default.xml file is encoded into the game save upon creation, that means that any region I might want to use as a team selection basis at any time in my game has to be in the world_default.xml file at the time of game creation, right? And that means no other regions can be used ever once you start the game.

I've decided to relaunch my Baseball League of Nations, so take for example The Netherlands. Until 1954, the nation of Suriname was the constituent nation of Surinam in the Kingdom of the Netherlands. So if during my history I want to have that same event happen as far as my national teams, I'd have to set up a pre-1954 Kingdom of The Netherlands region as well as a post-1954 version, right?

Additionally, if we want to have a combination of nations and regions then we have to create single nation regions for every nation, correct? What I mean is that I would have to create a region in the XML that only contains the USA, one that only contains the Dominican Republic, etc.

Last edited by Huckleberry; 03-22-2017 at 03:33 PM.
Huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Jamee999 (03-22-2017)
Old 03-22-2017, 04:53 PM   #50
andyhdz
All Star Reserve

Thanked 328x in 190 posts
Yep, once you start your specific universe any edits to the world file won't apply unless you start a new universe. For a tiny change I once "tricked" the system by taking one nation in one region and making it another country I wanted by renaming the country, Changing the flags and language but didn't bother with renaming the cities. Maybe you can do that in your netherlands region?

Last edited by andyhdz; 03-22-2017 at 04:55 PM.
andyhdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 05:30 PM   #51
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

If you have the game set to pick players by region, you can set a team to a nation without a region and that should select from only that nation without having to explicitly create a region.
Old 03-22-2017, 05:54 PM   #52
Huckleberry
All Star Reserve

Thanked 151x in 86 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
If you have the game set to pick players by region, you can set a team to a nation without a region and that should select from only that nation without having to explicitly create a region.
Interesting, I'll try that out when I can get back to the game. Thank you!
Huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 07:38 PM   #53
Qrusher14242
All Star Starter

Thanked 24x in 19 posts
i set up the AFL...but i never get any notification of anything about it. Also did the WBC, but it seemed to come and go without any news about it? I thought it would notify when it was coming up.
Old 03-29-2017, 04:16 PM   #54
tricey
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 17x in 11 posts
Thanks for all of the tips above, they've been useful.

I'm still having a bit of a frustrating time getting the tournament set up that I would like.

I have created 16 fictional nations alongside the real world nations. I want to run a tournament between the 16 nations, but I am unable to control which nations participate in the tournament.

I create the tournament inside the league, but I don't have control to select which nation enters. The game makes assumptions and includes it's own choice of nations.

It appears to have based the selection on the nationalities I have used to set up default players in the league. Maybe that, or it has taken the nations with the highest representation in the pool of players.

Either way, I want to get control because in my fictional universe I would like it if the nations with major leagues reject the tournament in the first few years, thinking it beneath them, much like the world's major football nations did to the World Cup in the 1930s.

Or it helps me set up a regional tournament, say.

I want to add that since these are all fictional countries they don't have a region assigned to them and therefore I can't control it through that setting. Any ideas?

Thanks,

David
tricey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 04:20 PM   #55
tricey
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 17x in 11 posts
Screen shots to show an 8 team league, with 'England' included even though it is not a fictional nation that I would have chosen.

Name:  archipelago_baseball_league_1959-11-30_21-17-11.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  176.5 KB

Screenshot of the team selection screen in League Settings. I can't control the selection of teams here, as I would have hoped.

Name:  archipelago_baseball_league_1959-11-30_21-16-36.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  137.4 KB
tricey is offline   Reply With Quote