Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.4.40 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

OOTP Baseball 20 - AVAILABLE NOW!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2017, 01:26 PM   #21
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer
 
spleen1015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 5,776
Thanks: 610
Thanked 723x in 344 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico Guilbault View Post
I didn't even realize that you can create an association for all the leagues involved in the P/R and then share a draft. Toying with the idea of using this and having the order of the draft completely random across all teams. It doesn't look like you can order by league first without having the lower leagues go first. I think I would prefer the opposite there.

Even more exciting seems to be setting up an FA cup type playoff using all the teams in the association. Looks like it would have to be at the end of year only, but I think you could get all teams involved. Something to think about anyway.
I need to figure out how to do this.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 01:32 PM   #22
progen
All Star Reserve
 
progen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 837
Thanks: 34
Thanked 261x in 166 posts
Infractions: 0/1 (1)
I just ran through my first season, more as a test really. I set it up similar to English soccer, with Premier, Championship, League 1 and League 2. And I followed the instructions in the manual regarding league reputation - 10,7,4,and 1. Same with finances, 100%,50,20,5. I was mainly curious about the Budget for each team, and to some extent payroll. I had three teams promoted(except premier of course), and three teams relegated. At the end of season one, the teams relegated did have a reduction in budget, which was nice to see. And the teams promoted got a decent increase. Only issue was Oxford as an example, a team that started in League 1, had a 350m budget, nearly as high as any in the Premier league, and increased to 390 when they got promoted to the Championship league. Maybe after a few years, this will shake out more evenly, but wondering if I need to tweak the "market size", fan loyalty, and fan interest for some of the teams? I'm certainly enjoying playing around with p/r, and can see me doing this for awhile, before I even start a regular baseball league, or a historical league with the negro leagues included. That will more than likely be my next venture.

One other note. I allowed trading between all levels, and while most trades were with teams from the same division, I did see several trades between teams in League 1 and 2, and even between Championship teams and teams in Leagues 1 and 2.

Last edited by progen; 03-21-2017 at 01:36 PM.
progen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 01:41 PM   #23
Rain King
All Star Reserve
 
Rain King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 562
Thanks: 267
Thanked 296x in 191 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
2. A player should not be able to win Rookie of the Year awards in more than 1 league. I have 1 case where a player won RoY in the bottom league in 2045, became a FA after 2050, signed with a team in the top league and then won RoY & MVP in 2051.
I believe you should be able to avoid this by not having Service Time reset when a player changes leagues. This is a checkbox somewhere in the league settings.
Rain King is offline   Reply With Quote
5 thanks for this post:
BBGiovanni (03-23-2017), ILFT (03-23-2017), MooK881 (03-23-2017), mp33 (03-22-2017), stl jason (03-29-2017)
Old 03-21-2017, 01:55 PM   #24
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer
 
spleen1015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 5,776
Thanks: 610
Thanked 723x in 344 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain King View Post
I believe you should be able to avoid this by not having Service Time reset when a player changes leagues. This is a checkbox somewhere in the league settings.
I bet you are right. Thanks for pointing that out.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:05 PM   #25
progen
All Star Reserve
 
progen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 837
Thanks: 34
Thanked 261x in 166 posts
Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Hey spleen, as far as the draft, here's what it mentions in the manual. Appreciate everyone here sharing their ideas and findings. It really helps me personally as I "toy" around with this new feature.

Drafts in Promotion/Relegation Systems
In an association with promotion and relegation, you may wish to have the First-year player drafts can share the same draft pool, with the lowest level getting the first picks. To do so, in the association setup/draft settings you can select to have the draft order be based on league level first and then winning percentage.

I'm not really sure of the process, so if anyone figures it out, can you post it here. Thanks!

Last edited by progen; 03-21-2017 at 02:07 PM.
progen is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
chuy1530 (03-21-2017)
Old 03-21-2017, 02:11 PM   #26
Chico Guilbault
All Star Reserve
 
Chico Guilbault's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Bound Brook, NJ
Posts: 669
Thanks: 638
Thanked 706x in 285 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by progen View Post
Hey spleen, as far as the draft, here's what it mentions in the manual. Appreciate everyone here sharing their ideas and findings. It really helps me personally as I "toy" around with this new feature.

Drafts in Promotion/Relegation Systems
In an association with promotion and relegation, you may wish to have the First-year player drafts can share the same draft pool, with the lowest level getting the first picks. To do so, in the association setup/draft settings you can select to have the draft order be based on league level first and then winning percentage.

I'm not really sure of the process, so if anyone figures it out, can you post it here. Thanks!
This is what I referred to in my previous post. You set up an association with all the leagues involved in P/R and then it has these options in the association settings.
__________________
BeechumCounty.com



Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 03:03 PM   #27
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer
 
spleen1015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 5,776
Thanks: 610
Thanked 723x in 344 posts
Yeah, thank you guys. At some point associations were added to the game and I missed that. This is the first version I am going to seriously play in a few years. So, I missed whenever they were added.

Thanks for the heads up on associations.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 03:19 PM   #28
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer
 
spleen1015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 5,776
Thanks: 610
Thanked 723x in 344 posts
Weird double post.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 03:24 PM   #29
progen
All Star Reserve
 
progen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 837
Thanks: 34
Thanked 261x in 166 posts
Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Thanks Chico. I'm reading the manual on associations, but where or what tab to I go to in order to get this started? All the many years of playing this game, and have never tried this before. I also took a look at the quickstart game for p/r, and I see they do use MLB as the top league, then AAA, etc. Once I get a handle on this, and play around with it some more, I'll take my time setting up my p/r universe and really get serious with it.
progen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 03:26 PM   #30
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer
 
spleen1015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 5,776
Thanks: 610
Thanked 723x in 344 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by progen View Post
Thanks Chico. I'm reading the manual on associations, but where or what tab to I go to in order to get this started? All the many years of playing this game, and have never tried this before. I also took a look at the quickstart game for p/r, and I see they do use MLB as the top league, then AAA, etc. Once I get a handle on this, and play around with it some more, I'll take my time setting up my p/r universe and really get serious with it.
Under the Game menu, you should see a Create League Association option.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 03:30 PM   #31
progen
All Star Reserve
 
progen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 837
Thanks: 34
Thanked 261x in 166 posts
Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Got it. Thanks!
progen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 04:09 PM   #32
chuy1530
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 43
Thanks: 9
Thanked 31x in 16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Yeah, thank you guys. At some point associations were added to the game and I missed that. This is the first version I am going to seriously play in a few years. So, I missed whenever they were added.

Thanks for the heads up on associations.
For what it's worth I've played the game fairly heavily the last few years and even I didn't think of making an association for the P/R set up to control drafts. I'm glad you asked.
chuy1530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
BBGiovanni (03-23-2017)
Old 03-21-2017, 05:58 PM   #33
Matt Uk
Major Leagues
 
Matt Uk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 449
Thanks: 467
Thanked 270x in 150 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by progen View Post
Hey spleen, as far as the draft, here's what it mentions in the manual. Appreciate everyone here sharing their ideas and findings. It really helps me personally as I "toy" around with this new feature.

Drafts in Promotion/Relegation Systems
In an association with promotion and relegation, you may wish to have the First-year player drafts can share the same draft pool, with the lowest level getting the first picks. To do so, in the association setup/draft settings you can select to have the draft order be based on league level first and then winning percentage.

I'm not really sure of the process, so if anyone figures it out, can you post it here. Thanks!


I think if you want to duplicate Football then it would be best to not have a draft and have everyone go to Free Agency, that way the better teams would cherry pick the (potential) young talent just like they do now. It would replicate to a degree the way they sign up all the most promising players as young kids to their acadamies.

Then you'd also have the realism of some of them busting and at the same time you'd also have those lower league teams pick up players that develop into real talents later even though they seemed like the wouldn't amount to much.

Last edited by Matt Uk; 03-21-2017 at 06:00 PM.
Matt Uk is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
Jamee999 (03-21-2017), Matty86 (03-22-2017)
Old 03-21-2017, 06:34 PM   #34
jparker2112
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 463
Thanks: 565
Thanked 161x in 117 posts
When setting up your P/R lgs have you allowed for players to "post"? Meaning liek what happened this weekend: Schweinsteiger posted and was essentially loaned to MLS for 4.4M for one year (calendar i believe) Is that something that youve fiddled with? Is it an easy thing to blend into your lg? I LOVE the idea of Stanton being loaned from a Level 1 team for, say, $15M for 1 year. That small team gets cash to use for FA (essentially to get younger talent and get better) AND the higher lg team gets G.S. for a year. BUT do they get to re-sign him at the end of the loan? How would that work? How does it work in EPL and world football?
jparker2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:19 PM   #35
Matt Uk
Major Leagues
 
Matt Uk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 449
Thanks: 467
Thanked 270x in 150 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jparker2112 View Post
When setting up your P/R lgs have you allowed for players to "post"? Meaning liek what happened this weekend: Schweinsteiger posted and was essentially loaned to MLS for 4.4M for one year (calendar i believe) Is that something that youve fiddled with? Is it an easy thing to blend into your lg? I LOVE the idea of Stanton being loaned from a Level 1 team for, say, $15M for 1 year. That small team gets cash to use for FA (essentially to get younger talent and get better) AND the higher lg team gets G.S. for a year. BUT do they get to re-sign him at the end of the loan? How would that work? How does it work in EPL and world football?


If a team loans a player in football his registration is still owned by his parent club. Some loans are for free and the parent club still pay his salary, this is generally when they send out their young players to lower league clubs for experience. Other loans are free but the receiving club picks up some or all of his salary. Whilst other loans, generally established players who for whatever reason are loaned to other good teams (maybe out of favour, can't get a game etc) are loaned out for a fee but are still owned by the parent club until they are out of contract or sold.

Sometime players are loaned out with a view to buying them at the end of the loan if both parties want that.


I'm not sure any of that could ever work in ootp though.
Matt Uk is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
Cryomaniac (03-22-2017), jparker2112 (03-21-2017)
Old 03-21-2017, 08:13 PM   #36
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer
 
spleen1015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 5,776
Thanks: 610
Thanked 723x in 344 posts
I think you could simulate it in OOTP. It would just be a lot of manual work.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
jparker2112 (03-21-2017)
Old 03-22-2017, 04:48 AM   #37
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP
 
Markus Heinsohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Germany
Posts: 22,974
Thanks: 5,499
Thanked 39,018x in 6,073 posts
Nice thread. After the release and after I got some rest I can get around to improving this features & the history a bit
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
12 thanks for this post:
BBGiovanni (03-23-2017), BradG223 (03-22-2017), Chico Guilbault (03-22-2017), Cryomaniac (03-22-2017), dfredc (03-25-2017), ILFT (03-23-2017), jparker2112 (03-22-2017), Lukas Berger (03-23-2017), Matt Uk (03-22-2017), Matty86 (03-22-2017), MooK881 (03-23-2017), pgjocki (03-22-2017)
Old 03-22-2017, 05:03 AM   #38
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Newark, Notts, UK
Posts: 4,679
Thanks: 15,229
Thanked 1,076x in 718 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Uk View Post
If a team loans a player in football his registration is still owned by his parent club. Some loans are for free and the parent club still pay his salary, this is generally when they send out their young players to lower league clubs for experience. Other loans are free but the receiving club picks up some or all of his salary. Whilst other loans, generally established players who for whatever reason are loaned to other good teams (maybe out of favour, can't get a game etc) are loaned out for a fee but are still owned by the parent club until they are out of contract or sold.

Sometime players are loaned out with a view to buying them at the end of the loan if both parties want that.


I'm not sure any of that could ever work in ootp though.
It would be pretty cool if it could work in OOTP.

I personally don't like the loan system in soccer that much though.
__________________

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 05:40 AM   #39
Matt Uk
Major Leagues
 
Matt Uk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 449
Thanks: 467
Thanked 270x in 150 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomaniac View Post
It would be pretty cool if it could work in OOTP.

I personally don't like the loan system in soccer that much though.

The young players going out to lower leagues works well but other than that I tend to agree. However if the big teams didn't stockpile all the youngsters these days it would be much better. Chelsea have something like 30-40 players out on loan every season now which is just wrong.

In the past kids used to be signed up by their local teams or at least nearby and then the smaller teams could make some money by selling them on to the big teams if they turned out to be good players, but that rarely happens these days as most of the young talent is eaten up quickly by the big teams. Problem is, unless they are exceptional they never get anywhere near the first teams and end up working their way back down the leagues anyway!
Matt Uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Cryomaniac (03-22-2017)
Old 03-22-2017, 05:41 AM   #40
Matt Uk
Major Leagues
 
Matt Uk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 449
Thanks: 467
Thanked 270x in 150 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomaniac View Post
It would be pretty cool if it could work in OOTP.

.

Maybe with the fact that these new tournaments and the arizona fall league have players effectively 'loaned' to them it may be possible?
Matt Uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Cryomaniac (03-22-2017)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:52 AM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Out of the Park Developments