Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2019, 06:58 PM   #181
Thegman0492
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 29
Thanks: 21
Thanked 1x in 1 post
So, I think, 2ksports had the rights to MLB and that MLB the Show was a first party company so they could gain the rights to The Show. EA could not because they were third party company. Yet, OOTP got the rights to baseball. Thus, even though EA has the rights to the NFL, OOTP should still be able to get the rights to the NFL if they pay enough just like they did with the MLB. What do others think?
Thegman0492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 08:00 PM   #182
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer
 
PSUColonel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 9,099
Blog Entries: 37
Thanks: 1,354
Thanked 2,124x in 1,211 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegman0492 View Post
So, I think, 2ksports had the rights to MLB and that MLB the Show was a first party company so they could gain the rights to The Show. EA could not because they were third party company. Yet, OOTP got the rights to baseball. Thus, even though EA has the rights to the NFL, OOTP should still be able to get the rights to the NFL if they pay enough just like they did with the MLB. What do others think?

I for one really donít see the need to fork that kind of cash out when everything is going to be ďmodableĒ
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 02:55 AM   #183
Khephren
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 29
Thanks: 167
Thanked 18x in 11 posts
Except that EA has exclusive rights to the NFL. MLB does not give out exclusive rights, for whatever reason.
Khephren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 03:10 PM   #184
Thegman0492
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 29
Thanks: 21
Thanked 1x in 1 post
But 2KSports had or still have the rights to MLB. That is why EA Sports had to stop making baseball games.
Thegman0492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 05:10 PM   #185
Khephren
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 29
Thanks: 167
Thanked 18x in 11 posts
I stand corrected, 2kSports did not renew it's exclusive rights with MLB in 2014...I don't know why offhand

Last edited by Khephren; 04-22-2019 at 05:12 PM.
Khephren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 05:41 PM   #186
Zeppelin462
Minors (Single A)
 
Zeppelin462's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Oakland, CA
Posts: 86
Thanks: 188
Thanked 32x in 11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khephren View Post
I stand corrected, 2kSports did not renew it's exclusive rights with MLB in 2014...I don't know why offhand
This is based on no research whatsoever, but I remember their last few releases were absolute glitchy nightmares, and they were getting trounced by The Show, so I think they cut their losses and ended the series.
Zeppelin462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 09:54 PM   #187
rmoons24
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 39
Thanks: 17
Thanked 19x in 10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin462 View Post
This is based on no research whatsoever, but I remember their last few releases were absolute glitchy nightmares, and they were getting trounced by The Show, so I think they cut their losses and ended the series.
2k13 (the final one) was an exact copy paste of 12 with new rosters, like exact. I think they may have even taken a feature out. They didnít even get new pictures for guys who changed teams or new callups/debuts. I believe it had something to do with a shortened dev time from the 2k execs but canít remember exactly.
__________________
My friends used to call me Big Red, but I told 'em "Stop it!" 'cause there's only one Big Red in town, America's number 1 cinnamon gum.
rmoons24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 02:01 PM   #188
Thegman0492
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 29
Thanks: 21
Thanked 1x in 1 post
Does anyone know if the game is going to look like OOTP and the Hockey game? Similar format?
Thegman0492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 02:10 PM   #189
Birdland24
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 151
Thanks: 1
Thanked 42x in 26 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegman0492 View Post
Does anyone know if the game is going to look like OOTP and the Hockey game? Similar format?


Are we even getting a game?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Birdland24 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
Mike D (07-07-2019), vgorilla80 (07-03-2019)
Old 07-02-2019, 06:30 PM   #190
nbryant
Minors (Single A)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Southern Maryland
Posts: 71
Thanks: 5
Thanked 36x in 21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdland24 View Post
Are we even getting a game?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Amazing, someone keeps letting the kids out.
nbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 07:31 PM   #191
mickey7
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 174
Thanks: 8
Thanked 37x in 25 posts
Amazing, someone keeps letting the kids out.

I don't know, nbryant OOTP has been developing a football game for what 6 years---seems like a fair question !!!

Last edited by mickey7; 07-02-2019 at 07:32 PM.
mickey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
Mike D (07-07-2019), vgorilla80 (07-03-2019)
Old 07-02-2019, 07:40 PM   #192
Sweed
Hall Of Famer
 
Sweed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Iowa
Posts: 3,481
Thanks: 1,265
Thanked 1,649x in 645 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdland24 View Post
Are we even getting a game?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey7 View Post
Amazing, someone keeps letting the kids out.

I don't know, nbryant OOTP has been developing a football game for what 6 years---seems like a fair question !!!
Asked and answered. http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=304008

Of course that pesky June 5, 2019 FOF9 update thread that is sticky(ed) at the top of this forum is pretty hard to find.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
james17 (07-03-2019)
Old 07-03-2019, 06:52 AM   #193
Cole
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick
Posts: 2,600
Thanks: 744
Thanked 1,762x in 638 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegman0492 View Post
Does anyone know if the game is going to look like OOTP and the Hockey game? Similar format?
The idea of this merger is that yes, FOF will be adapted to the OOTP GUI. So in terms of how the game looks, it should be similar to OOTP one would think.

That being said, don't expect it to have all the same functionalities as OOTP, given that the baseball game has been in development for 20 years and this is a brand new partnership where they've had to do a lot of work to adapt FOF to fit into the OOTP GUI.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
nielsoncp (07-19-2019)
Old 07-07-2019, 02:12 PM   #194
mickey7
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 174
Thanks: 8
Thanked 37x in 25 posts
Sweed---too bad you didn't read the question nbryant asked !! He didn't ask if another promise that the game would come out had been made-----he asked IF the game was coming out---the promises of it coming out have been on going for better than 6 years so his question does seem fair !!! You can believe what you want thus far you've been wrong----if and when it comes out you will be right !!!
mickey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
vgorilla80 (07-08-2019)
Old 07-07-2019, 03:39 PM   #195
Sweed
Hall Of Famer
 
Sweed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Iowa
Posts: 3,481
Thanks: 1,265
Thanked 1,649x in 645 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey7 View Post
Sweed---too bad you didn't read the question nbryant asked !! He didn't ask if another promise that the game would come out had been made-----he asked IF the game was coming out---the promises of it coming out have been on going for better than 6 years so his question does seem fair !!! You can believe what you want thus far you've been wrong----if and when it comes out you will be right !!!
Maybe you could point out just where I've been wrong?

Feel free to quote any of my posts in this forum.

The game is coming out and we know this because....., the question is answered in this thread

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=304008
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 08:33 PM   #196
Mike D
Hall Of Famer
 
Mike D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In a van, down by the river
Posts: 2,607
Thanks: 177
Thanked 143x in 75 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbryant View Post
Amazing, someone keeps letting the kids out.
Did you have your grandkids show you how to post, old man yelling at the clouds?
__________________
Sometimes the best laid plans will never get you laid the way you plan.
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
vgorilla80 (07-08-2019)
Old 07-17-2019, 05:56 PM   #197
nbryant
Minors (Single A)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Southern Maryland
Posts: 71
Thanks: 5
Thanked 36x in 21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
Did you have your grandkids show you how to post, old man yelling at the clouds?

Nope, I followed examples left from some of your older posts!
nbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 07:04 PM   #198
mickey7
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 174
Thanks: 8
Thanked 37x in 25 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
Maybe you could point out just where I've been wrong?

Feel free to quote any of my posts in this forum.

The game is coming out and we know this because....., the question is answered in this thread

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=304008
And OOTP never told us BTS football was coming out ??? Your logic leaves MUCH to be desired !!!
mickey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Mike D (07-18-2019)
Old 07-19-2019, 06:16 AM   #199
Cole
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick
Posts: 2,600
Thanks: 744
Thanked 1,762x in 638 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey7 View Post
And OOTP never told us BTS football was coming out ??? Your logic leaves MUCH to be desired !!!
Dude, the lead (and really only) developer for BTS died unexpectedly. Given that circumstance, I think you can give the company a pass (unless you would like them to start adding in asterisks that game won't in fact be released if the man making it passes away).

It's just a football game, there are bigger things in life ... relax man.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
redfox000 (07-22-2019)
Old 07-19-2019, 06:34 AM   #200
Sweed
Hall Of Famer
 
Sweed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Iowa
Posts: 3,481
Thanks: 1,265
Thanked 1,649x in 645 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey7 View Post
And OOTP never told us BTS football was coming out ??? Your logic leaves MUCH to be desired !!!
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:28 AM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Out of the Park Developments