Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 18.8.76 Update Available - OOTP 18 Available - FHM 4 Available - MLB Manager 2017 Available Now

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 08-18-2017, 03:18 PM   #41
IanIachimoe
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 156x in 91 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SxSnts9 View Post
Haha $1 ok that's awesome.
worked OK for the first 2 years, he is now a waste of a roster spot.

I'm keeping him around due to concern over how the impact of letting him go will have on the clubhouse/fan interest. spent almost all last year on the DL with post-concussion syndrome, thought a retirement in the offseason was coming.

fingers crossed.
Old 08-18-2017, 05:04 PM   #42
Matt Uk
Major Leagues

Thanked 209x in 114 posts
2001 Mets. I'm having a similar thing with Joe McEwing. Club atmosphere is off the charts thanks to his leadership and team chemistry has been happy all season going up to ecstatic now as we've just won the division. He's had some key at bats to be fair, including a walk off double against Atlanta, but he's only hitting .217 for the season, however I think I've got to keep him around next season for his clubhouse effect. Bases empty he's 18-123, RISP he's 21-56! Seems he's not interested if there's nothing on the line
Matt Uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
IanIachimoe (08-18-2017)
Old 08-18-2017, 07:49 PM   #43
IanIachimoe
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 156x in 91 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Uk View Post
2001 Mets. I'm having a similar thing with Joe McEwing. Club atmosphere is off the charts thanks to his leadership and team chemistry has been happy all season going up to ecstatic now as we've just won the division. He's had some key at bats to be fair, including a walk off double against Atlanta, but he's only hitting .217 for the season, however I think I've got to keep him around next season for his clubhouse effect. Bases empty he's 18-123, RISP he's 21-56! Seems he's not interested if there's nothing on the line
lol. I was a big Joe McEwing fan back in the day.
Old 08-19-2017, 06:23 PM   #44
Crimguy
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 54x in 19 posts
1925 Athletics. Historically they finished 2nd. Not this year. 3 preseason injuries have sidelined my infield, and up and comers like Foxx and Lefty Grove aren't matured yet. I'm bringing up the rear in the AL. I should be fired as I can't see the to make a trade that'll improve the situation.
Crimguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 07:49 PM   #45
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 4,811x in 2,953 posts
The Rule 5 draft after which I will fix my roster for the 2079 season.

RichW

So much for personality. Albert Belle, a complete nut job was never traded and was the highest paid player in the game, twice!
My wife works here https://www.google.ca/maps/place/52%...!3m1!1s0x0:0x0
#Alternativefacts=lies
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 08:38 PM   #46
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,942x in 1,064 posts
I'm actually running OOTP 16, 17, and 18 sims.

16: Fictional with some historical elements. Started in 1871. Heading into the 1892 season, the American Association has just folded, and my Washington squad is one of four former AA teams headed to the NL. Getting ready to pick up some free agents from the folded teams, and add some minor leagues for the first time.

17: Daniel Saline USBL model, fictional. Currently in present day after starting in 1980. My Indiana Tribe is current in 2nd, primed for a wild card spot, but with plenty of tough competition. Can my aging team keep up?

18: Historical, with historical minors. Started in 1921, finished .500 in 5th place. Back in the exact same spot after 30 games in 1922, despite breaking the color barrier early with Oscar Charleston, who's doing pretty well, hitting .336 so far as the lefty half of a CF platoon with Baby Doll Jacobson.

Last edited by ThatSeventiesGuy; 08-21-2017 at 09:32 PM.
ThatSeventiesGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 11:24 PM   #47
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 3,949x in 1,826 posts
Currently... nothing. I have nothing going on. I might start a new one. I might not.
Old 08-19-2017, 11:26 PM   #48
Dukie98
Major Leagues

Thanked 132x in 119 posts
I'm playing a historical league starting with the 1902 Indians -- currently in early 1916. Last year, the Indians took a 3-1 lead in the World Series, but the Cardinals (who had not previously finished above fourth place since the league began) rallied to win the last three games. The Pirates won five pennants in a row, hit an ugly stretch, but now look like the best team in baseball once again, as they are led by Harry Heilmann and a lefty pitcher named Ruth. Every AL team has won at least one pennant, with the Red Sox and Indians being the most consistent teams. Chief Bender has been the most dominant pitcher, winning 5 Cy Young Awards, 3 MVP's, and with 305 wins (all with the Giants), he is about 2 years away from the all-time record. 3-time MVP Ty Cobb has been the most dominant offensive player so far, and he should top 2400 hits (all with the Braves) this year in his age-29 season, but he fell off a cliff defensively last year, and this year he's only hitting around .250. The Tigers have been consistently dreadful-- since their fluke World Series win in 1904, they haven't finished above 5th place, and they've been 6th or worse for 9 years running.
Dukie98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 04:00 PM   #49
victims_sanction
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 9x in 6 posts
http://imgur.com/a/oJp0a

Summary of my 2024 season. Will post more info upon request.
victims_sanction is offline   Reply With Quote