Home | Webstore
Latest News: FHM 5 Available - Update OOTP 19.8 is online - OOTP 19 Available! - MLB Manager 2018 Available Now

Perfect Team Open Beta Available Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:28 AM   #21
Green & Gold Heart
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 332x in 238 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
Any news on Grant? Jackson's more than capable, but he's now the only RB on the roster. They still need Grant back ASAP.
He's got a sprained ankle and it's still unknown how long he'll be out. I'm thinking Harrell to IR and pick up another RB. You can't go through the season with only two on the roster anyway, that's nuts.
Green & Gold Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:19 AM   #22
jaxmagicman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Retired defloration-maker living in Myrtle Beach, SC
Thanked 445x in 363 posts
I bought into the Aaron Rogers hype. I picked him as my first pick (8th overall). He did not help me this week. Maybe next week.

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.
jaxmagicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:45 AM   #23
Green & Gold Heart
Hall Of Famer

He will light it up with the Bills at home next week. And after that DET and CHI. He'll be fine.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:50 AM   #24
statfreak
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 190x in 107 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxmagicman View Post
I bought into the Aaron Rogers hype. I picked him as my first pick (8th overall). He did not help me this week. Maybe next week.
Yeah, I noticed.

I'd like to see the Packers add another RB. Jackson is very good protecting Rodgers and a decent 3rd down receiver out of the backfield, but just isn't someone you want carrying the rock 20+ times a game. It looks like they are going to resign DE Jarius Wynn (one of their final cuts) to replace Harrell. Wynn is okay, but doesn't stop the run as well as he will be needed to. Hopefully he doesn't see much field time in short yardage situations.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:51 PM   #25
statfreak
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 190x in 107 posts
Uh-oh, from Yahoo sports...

"Running back Ryan Grant will miss the remainder of the season as he has a torn ligament in his ankle, according to Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Grant will require surgery and he also has a fracture in his right leg that will heal on its own."

Some would say the Packers are a passing team and this won't affect them much, but not having a viable running threat will let teams focusing on stopping Rodgers and the receiving corps. No one is going to gameplan to stop Jackson, he does a good enough job of that on his own.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:55 PM   #26
Green & Gold Heart
Hall Of Famer

Bummer about Grant.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:07 PM   #27
ry1220
All Star Reserve

Thanked 192x in 145 posts
How much does not having Grant hurt us?

I'd say a lot. I'm bummed.
ry1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:58 PM   #28
Afino
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 702x in 426 posts
It doesn't hurt us as much as losing any other member of the offense would. If there's one position where the Packers could "afford" to lose a starter, it's RB.

Now we'll see who they pick up as the new backup.

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:31 PM   #29
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 488x in 343 posts
Quote:
It doesn't hurt us as much as losing any other member of the offense would. If there's one position where the Packers could "afford" to lose a starter, it's RB.

Now we'll see who they pick up as the new backup.

Dimitri Nance.
ukhotstove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:45 PM   #30
LFC1892
All Star Reserve

Thanked 28x in 24 posts
Quote:
I hate Jared Allen.
Glad I'm not the only one.
LFC1892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:58 PM   #31
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 3,316x in 1,861 posts
That was a brutal game. PHI suffered a few casualties, too.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:27 AM   #32
Green & Gold Heart
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFC1892 View Post
Glad I'm not the only one.
Yeah, I loathe that guy too.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:24 PM   #33
Afino
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 702x in 426 posts
Packers 2-0 after dominating the Bills. Run defense got a little wonky at the end of the first half. Why the Packers didn't have 8 in the box, I don't know.

Clay Matthews is awesome.

The Viqueens are 0-2.

We're all happy.

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
Green & Gold Heart (09-19-2010), ry1220 (09-19-2010)
Old 09-28-2010, 12:45 AM   #34
Green & Gold Heart
Hall Of Famer

Stupidity:

1. Punting to Devin Hester when your special teams clearly cannot stop him. On the previous punt, the punter got him by the shoetops, otherwise he was gone.

2. 30 yards worth of personal foul penalties on the drive that the Bears ended up kicking a FG to tie the game at 17. If you take those away, maybe the Bears punt and Robbie Gould kicks a game-tying FG instead of a game-winning FG.

I'm sure there's more but those are the two glaring ones I can think of. Frustrating game where Rodgers clearly outplayed Cutler.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:51 AM   #35
Green & Gold Heart
Hall Of Famer

And how annoying was that James Jones fumble?? He's running up the sideline and the freaking ball bounces parallel to the sideline. How often do you see a football bounce parallel with a line?? It's like a freaking Juan Pierre bunt. That ****ing ball would have gone out of bounds 99 times out of 100.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:53 AM   #36
ry1220
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green & Gold Heart View Post
Stupidity:

1. Punting to Devin Hester when your special teams clearly cannot stop him. On the previous punt, the punter got him by the shoetops, otherwise he was gone.

2. 30 yards worth of personal foul penalties on the drive that the Bears ended up kicking a FG to tie the game at 17. If you take those away, maybe the Bears punt and Robbie Gould kicks a game-tying FG instead of a game-winning FG.

I'm sure there's more but those are the two glaring ones I can think of. Frustrating game where Rodgers clearly outplayed Cutler.
I agree. It was a disappointing performance. I recall two interceptions being overturned because of penalties, the more prominent one being during that last drive (with Cutler raising his arms in celebration--hello, you just threw a pick!!!). I hope we are humbled by this performance, put it behind us and bounce back strong.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:54 AM   #37
ry1220
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green & Gold Heart View Post
And how annoying was that James Jones fumble?? He's running up the sideline and the freaking ball bounces parallel to the sideline. How often do you see a football bounce parallel with a line?? It's like a freaking Juan Pierre bunt. That ****ing ball would have gone out of bounds 99 times out of 100.
Furthermore, how does he lose that ball? He was like "Oh ****! I just left the ball behind!"
Old 09-28-2010, 12:55 AM   #38
Green & Gold Heart
Hall Of Famer

Last post before I go to bed. I'm just sorry that the Packers and Bears don't meet again until Week 17. I'm afraid the division and/or playoff spots will already be wrapped up by then.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:56 AM   #39
Green & Gold Heart
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ry1220 View Post
I agree. It was a disappointing performance. I recall two interceptions being overturned because of penalties, the more prominent one being during that last drive (with Cutler raising his arms in celebration--hello, you just threw a pick!!!). I hope we are humbled by this performance, put it behind us and bounce back strong.
I mean really, we have to learn how to not play stupid. How hard is that? Packers were #1 in the NFL in penalties last year. How could they not learn from that? Just aaaargh. Aggravating.

OK, now I'm really going to bed.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:07 AM   #40
Green & Gold Heart
Hall Of Famer

Oh something else I forgot about last night. But there were two situations last night where the Packers were in field goal range with 3rd and long. Both times, McCarthy calls little dink plays to the middle of the field, far short of the first down. He was playing for the field goal. One time it worked, and the second time Crosby's FG was blocked.

But when you have a quarterback like Rodgers, how do you not play for first down? 3rd & 15, so what? Give the guy a chance to get you more than three points on a drive. I hated those calls.