Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.5.47 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Collection Missions for Perfect Team Released!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 12-02-2018, 08:55 PM   #1
jsparker77
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Can't move player off DL during playoffs. Is this a bug?

I'm in the middle of the World Series in 1907 in a Historical playthrough on challenge mode. My best pitcher was on the DL at the start of the series, but was eligible to come off mid-way through. The problem is the game wouldn't let me move him to the reserve roster or put him back on the DL. I was stuck. So I released him with the intention of immediately re-signing him, and now he refuses to negotiate. This was my ace. What was I supposed to do, or is this a bug?
jsparker77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 10:51 AM   #2
Drstrangelove
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 122x in 86 posts
Could be roster rules.

Today (and for a long time), players on the DL (or simply not on the playoff roster) at the start of a series could not be placed on the current series roster unless they were replacing a player who was just injured. In 1945-1946 there were special rules that allowed players to go to the postseason if they joined a team after August 31, but those didn't allow joining midway during the world series, iirc.

Here's a Baseball Almanac history on rosters: http://www.baseball-almanac.com/arti..._rosters.shtml. Here's more info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_...seball_rosters. I can't confirm what it was like in 1907, however.

Clearly, putting an uninjured player back on the DL isn't allowed. Not sure what you mean by "the game wouldn't let me move him to the reserve roster", but all roster moves involving MLB players were likely barred until the postseason ended even in 1907.

Last edited by Drstrangelove; 12-13-2018 at 11:06 AM.
Drstrangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 01:31 PM   #3
Dukie98
All Star Reserve

Thanked 207x in 170 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drstrangelove View Post
Clearly, putting an uninjured player back on the DL isn't allowed. Not sure what you mean by "the game wouldn't let me move him to the reserve roster", but all roster moves involving MLB players were likely barred until the postseason ended even in 1907.
Don't tell Charlie O. Finley...

https://247sports.com/mlb/athletics/Article/Oakland-As-History-Finley-Fires-Andrews-104453975/
Dukie98 is offline   Reply With Quote