Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.5.47 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Collection Missions for Perfect Team Released!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 12-03-2018, 06:12 PM   #1
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Reserve

Thanked 175x in 117 posts
Crashing whenever it feels like

I have had OOTP 19 for about a week and a half and it keeps crashing whenever it feels like. It crashes after opening, simming a season, closing out, trying to do a fantasy draft, etc.
HELP!
I have never, ever had any trouble like this with OOTP 15 - 18. I have had about seven or eight crashes in this week and a half. Luckily, I havent gotten into anything serious where I lost a lot of work!
HELP!
I'm beginning to wish I never gave up '18.
I bought '19 straight from OOTP and I am on a Windows Vista.

Last edited by ForeverRoyalKC; 12-03-2018 at 06:18 PM.
ForeverRoyalKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 06:27 PM   #2
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 7,247x in 3,579 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverRoyalKC View Post
I am on a Windows Vista.
Vista hasn't been supported by Microsoft for more than a year. I suspect that your video drivers are out of date and might be causing these issues.

My Fictional Dynasty: Orcin's Story ; The Sequel: Orcin Returns ; The Conclusion: Orcin's Brave New World
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 07:19 PM   #3
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Reserve

Orcin, I am not software or computer savvy, but Vista is listed on the OOTP 19 description of PC supported. When you buy the game from OOTP for PC, Vista was actually listed first.
Old 12-03-2018, 07:23 PM   #4
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Reserve

PC minimum system requirements: Vista/Win7/Win8.x/Win10, min. 1024×768 display, 1GHz processor, 2 GB RAM, at least 7 GB free HD space, OpenGL 2.0 or newer.
Old 12-03-2018, 08:29 PM   #5
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Reserve

Sure is a lot of 0 in the replies column on this thread.
Old 12-03-2018, 08:49 PM   #6
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,173x in 750 posts
To update your video card, you probably need to go to the manufacture site and get an update there. i'm on win 8.1 and found an update on the intel site, even though windows said my drivers were up to date for them. just a suggestion.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 08:59 PM   #7
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Reserve

Thanks, mitchkenn, for the suggestion, but what I cant figure out is...I played '18 all the way up until I got '19 a week and a half ago and it never crashed even once! I think in the entire time I have had OOTP products (15-18), I have had like two crashes TOTAL. Now I get '19 and I get seven or eight in a week and a half!
Old 12-03-2018, 09:02 PM   #8
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

can't explain it - but possibly the stuff in 19 is more robust And needs the latest drivers. possibly? dunno. hope someone with a lot more know how than myself chimes in to help. i know it's frustrating, but the idea of getting drivers from the manufacture is the only thing i can think of.
good luck and sorry couldn't be of better assistance.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen

Thank you for this post:
ForeverRoyalKC (12-03-2018)
Old 12-03-2018, 09:11 PM   #9
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Reserve

I'll admit, mitch, that that has crossed my mind. With more in it and Perfect Game added, I was wondering if there is more than my computer can handle. But...the specifications I posted from OOTP clearly state Vista.
Dunno. Wish I was more computer knowledgeable myself!
Old 12-04-2018, 03:45 AM   #10
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Thanked 8,734x in 4,393 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverRoyalKC View Post
I'll admit, mitch, that that has crossed my mind. With more in it and Perfect Game added, I was wondering if there is more than my computer can handle. But...the specifications I posted from OOTP clearly state Vista.
Dunno. Wish I was more computer knowledgeable myself!
Vista being supported by the game really just means the game will actually load up and run on Vista, which it does.

Honestly though, that doesn't mean the game will run flawlessly on older systems where the manufactures are not still supporting the OS and drivers.

But there's a lot more to the game actually running well, as you're seeing. Drivers, other software and firmware updates are all integral to the game actually running well and not crashing, and when those are old and haven't been updated in a while, it can create all sorts of issues.

The big difference in OOTP19 compared to OOTP18 isn't from Perfect Team, but it's in the additional 3d animations/ballparks and other in-game stuff we've added. And that can really take a toll on older systems, sad to say.

One thing you might try, would be to go to settings > 3d & facegen and try each of the different OpenGL settings there in turn. Then test a bit after you choose each setting by just playing. It may be that one of them will work better with your system than the others.

Also, if the crashes are happening while you play out games, try experimenting with the audience and animation settings as well.

Hopefully there's some combination there that will lessen or eliminate most of the crashing issues.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Buy Out of the Park Baseball 20!

Buy Franchise Hockey Manager 5!

Found a bug? Have a technical issue? Please post here and/or file a support ticket here.

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here.

Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Orcin (12-04-2018)
Old 12-04-2018, 11:20 AM   #11
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Reserve

I forgot to throw in one thing. I play straight 2D with PBP. I tried to play animated 3D with 18 and that DID NOT work and I knew it was my system couldnt handle it. But since then, I just use the 2D, player pictures on the field and absolutely NO animation.

Thanks, Lukas. I kinda feared that. I even said something like that to my wife, that I wonder if 19 is bigger than my computer (so to speak).

I have a brand new laptop coming and wondered if I may be able to transfer 19 to it. Since I have already purchased 19, how can I get 19 on my laptop without having to purchase it again??

Last edited by ForeverRoyalKC; 12-04-2018 at 11:29 AM.
Old 12-04-2018, 11:44 AM   #12
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

first, make a backup on an external Hard Drive, or a flash drive. (i'd recommend a full backup where you copy all files.)and make certain you have the license to the game written down, or saved somewhere so your can enter it on the new PC. if you don't have the license # handy or know where it is right off, you can find it under settings on the main screen, under troubleshooting, then click "Show info about this game" tab. in that list is the license for the game under the serial number ....
then you'll need to unlicense the game (that's under settings on the main screen -4th tab over "license".just click unlicense/release game. doing that allows you to use the license (serial number) again.
when you're ready to install on new computer - download 19 and install. it'll ask for the license - then enter the one you copied or have saved, exactly as it appears.
once game is loaded and ready to go, you can tell it to restore from a back-up.
you'll need to give the back-up a new name in that space at the bottom. This link (starting at post 4 by RchW is
a great tutorial on how to make a back-up and then restore from back-up....._
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...97#post4084018

if you read to step 9 in the above post, he explains another way to make a back-up - which may be easier or faster, or not .....
whenever i make back-ups now (which i do every time i play the game) i make a standard back-up from the game (with a new name each time) and then make a zip copy onto an external HD .... i once lost 50 years of simming because i didn't know how to restore the back-ups i'd made ....

hope this helps. good luck and enjoy. (Oh and if your new laptop has Win 10 - expect a learning curve!)

Last edited by mitchkenn; 12-04-2018 at 11:58 AM.
Old 12-04-2018, 12:11 PM   #13
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Reserve

Well, I dont know if I need to go thru all of that. I didnt have anything going to save. How can I get a link for 19 to install on my laptop? I still have all of the key info on my receipt. I just want to install 19 from scratch without having to pay for it again.
Old 12-04-2018, 12:21 PM   #14
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

You are allowed to install the game on two computers with your license key. You can download the latest version from the OOTP website.

My Fictional Dynasty: Orcin's Story ; The Sequel: Orcin Returns ; The Conclusion: Orcin's Brave New World
Old 12-04-2018, 12:25 PM   #15
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Reserve

Great, Orcin..thanks! So how would I do this and be able to bypass paying for it again?
Old 12-04-2018, 12:40 PM   #16
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Have you installed it twice already?

Old 12-04-2018, 01:05 PM   #17
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Reserve

No, no. I still have it just on my desk PC. I was asking how do I install it on my laptop and be able to by pass paying for it again?
In other words, how do I install OOTP 19 on a laptop if I have already paid for it? I still have my receipt from when I originally purchased it.
Old 12-04-2018, 01:13 PM   #18
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

I don't know how else to say what I already said.

Mitchkenn told you the answer also.

You can install the game on two different computers with the license that you already bought. So just install it!

Mitchkenn's answer is a better one (to unlicense it).

Old 12-04-2018, 02:41 PM   #19
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Reserve

I guess what I'm asking is...how do I install it on my laptop without having to pay for it? How do I install it on something different by just using the info on my receipt??
Old 12-04-2018, 03:34 PM   #20
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Reserve

Orcin, mitch, Lukas....I believe I figured this out. The links are on my receipt in my email. So I can download to a laptop from my receipt in my email.
Correct?