Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.5.47 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Collection Missions for Perfect Team Released!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - General Discussion

FHM 5 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2018, 12:07 PM   #1
South-Side
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 15
Thanks: 7
Thanked 2x in 2 posts
Free Agents

So, playing in Czech Tipsport Extraliga, second year with HC PLZEN.

Something that I do not understand and it's making this unplayable.

I've got about 486k to make improvements to the team. No extensions no signings as of this moment, we're on 2nd of July. I've set my eyes on a defender and a center, one asks for 150k/year the other 155k/year. Both demand negotiation. Curiously I've canceled the negotiation, I'm not interested in moving forward I want to look for new players. Looking through my shortlist I find an alternative defender. Also 150k/year. Cannot offer as now my budget is around 126k. I ask myself, why is that, no players signed, no transactions or extensions. Wtf how does the game calculate things ????!?!?!?!

Ok something must be wrong but i need some improvements, and clearly money is not going back in my balance. No offers outstanding so it's inexplicable...

I manage to find two players to sign, one demands 22k , and gets signed, The other 60k. Of course he wants to negotiate and he wants 300k right now as he is offered more from a team in KHL. Cannot compete with that so I want to look further. Surprise now my budget is ~45k. JESUS !!! What kind of subtractions is this game doing, how does this thing work???

I've played FHM 4 in NHL but it's my first time playing a league outside NHL. So this is maybe overlooked playing in the NHL as you swap players,prospects or draft picks but here this balance is crucial !!!

From a budget of 486K to begin with I've managed to sign 2 players , one at 35k/year and one at 22k/year

Also the system is flawed as there is no way to get rid of a player with a high salary. Just buyout. As money is limited this option is absurd. The only thing you can do is put him on the trading block. Which of course does not do anything because maybe it's thought about in the NHL system. Where players et traded for other players/draft picks/prospects. Here everyone is making payments.

Any answers???

Last edited by South-Side; 12-25-2018 at 12:57 PM.
South-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 01:03 PM   #2
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer
 
Alessandro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,966
Thanks: 1,069
Thanked 1,038x in 703 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by South-Side View Post
So, playing in Czech Tipsport Extraliga, second year with HC PLZEN.

Something that I do not understand and it's making this unplayable.

I've got about 486k to make improvements to the team. No extensions no signings as of this moment, we're on 2nd of July. I've set my eyes on a defender and a center, one asks for 150k/year the other 155k/year. Both demand negotiation. Curiously I've canceled the negotiation, I'm not interested in moving forward I want to look for new players. Looking through my shortlist I find an alternative defender. Also 150k/year. Cannot offer as now my budget is around 126k. I ask myself, why is that, no players signed, no transactions or extensions. Wtf how does the game calculate things ????!?!?!?!
I run into this bug several times. I think it only happens in Europe, as you never see this reported with NHL teams. Anyways, you should go to the free agency home page, find the active offers, and remove the offers via right click. It may not work. If it does not, restart the game. It should work.
Annoying, but should do the trick until the devs fix it.
Let us know.
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
South-Side (12-27-2018)
Old 12-25-2018, 03:53 PM   #3
South-Side
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 15
Thanks: 7
Thanked 2x in 2 posts
Unfortunately the 2 offers do not appear so I can cancel them, but the money was deducted automatically from my total amount. And no save game to get back to. Managed to get back to 94k as someone drafted one of my kids. Not enough to improve unfortunately and I won't replay a full season + playoffs....
South-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 06:12 PM   #4
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer
 
Alessandro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,966
Thanks: 1,069
Thanked 1,038x in 703 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by South-Side View Post
Unfortunately the 2 offers do not appear so I can cancel them, but the money was deducted automatically from my total amount. And no save game to get back to. Managed to get back to 94k as someone drafted one of my kids. Not enough to improve unfortunately and I won't replay a full season + playoffs....
Well, next time you have a chance... get a save on July 1st, you can always revert back if problems appear. I think the problem was there in FHM4 too, hopefully it will be looked at, but I think that I couldn't get the devs to reproduce it as when they load the saved game all is at its place (as I said, if you restart the game, the maths is correct)
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
South-Side (12-27-2018)
Old 12-26-2018, 03:04 AM   #5
South-Side
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 15
Thanks: 7
Thanked 2x in 2 posts
I understand what you're saying, unfortunately with the weird save system and the fact that the game does not let you overwrite, it's sometimes difficult to make another save on the fly. So you can back up.

The thing is that I've started this save after the last update (5.5.54 ), which is weird since you are saying that if you start a new one it should work fine...

5.5.55 doesn't seem to have any changes to this situation.
South-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 04:46 AM   #6
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer
 
Alessandro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,966
Thanks: 1,069
Thanked 1,038x in 703 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by South-Side View Post
I understand what you're saying, unfortunately with the weird save system and the fact that the game does not let you overwrite, it's sometimes difficult to make another save on the fly. So you can back up.
You can "save as" your game multiple times. Also, you have the rolling saves option that will get you two copies of the save eg in case of a crash.

Quote:
The thing is that I've started this save after the last update (5.5.54 ), which is weird since you are saying that if you start a new one it should work fine...

5.5.55 doesn't seem to have any changes to this situation.
I certainly didn't say that quite the contrary, I told you that this problem is in place since FHM4
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
South-Side (12-27-2018)
Old 12-26-2018, 08:42 AM   #7
JeffR
FHM Producer
 
JeffR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Kelowna, BC
Posts: 10,253
Thanks: 97
Thanked 8,994x in 3,109 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by South-Side View Post
Unfortunately the 2 offers do not appear so I can cancel them, but the money was deducted automatically from my total amount. And no save game to get back to. Managed to get back to 94k as someone drafted one of my kids. Not enough to improve unfortunately and I won't replay a full season + playoffs....
Can you upload the save? We'd like to see how exactly the money from the offer is getting stuck like that, it's supposed to be reset once the offer is retracted. Instructions for uploading to our ftp site are here.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
South-Side (12-27-2018)
Old 12-26-2018, 01:46 PM   #8
South-Side
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 15
Thanks: 7
Thanked 2x in 2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
You can "save as" your game multiple times. Also, you have the rolling saves option that will get you two copies of the save eg in case of a crash.



I certainly didn't say that quite the contrary, I told you that this problem is in place since FHM4
Yes you can save, what I wanted to say is you cannot overwrite a previous one, not the one that is active.

I was wrong on the second one, I misread what you've said, I thought you were refering about starting a new game with the new update.
South-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 01:48 PM   #9
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer
 
Alessandro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,966
Thanks: 1,069
Thanked 1,038x in 703 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Can you upload the save? We'd like to see how exactly the money from the offer is getting stuck like that, it's supposed to be reset once the offer is retracted. Instructions for uploading to our ftp site are here.
Jeff, if I recall correctly, you already tried to watch at one of my saves with this problem, but it didn't end up in something useful as you guys couldn't replicate it. That said, maybe you'll find something in his save
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
South-Side (12-27-2018)
Old 12-26-2018, 03:25 PM   #10
South-Side
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 15
Thanks: 7
Thanked 2x in 2 posts
Uploaded as HC PLZEN NEW.lg.rar

Last edited by South-Side; 12-26-2018 at 04:13 PM.
South-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Alessandro (12-26-2018)
Old 12-27-2018, 02:48 AM   #11
South-Side
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 15
Thanks: 7
Thanked 2x in 2 posts
The thing that I've observed is that it only happened to those players, as they wanted more money. So when I've went in to cancel their offers, it was weird as they didn't show anymore. But the system wasn't deducting the money either. I think that it has something to do with this, players that you do not want to negotiate further and somehow you cannot cancel their offer as they do not show up as offers are still active.There must be a bug in this procedure.
South-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 06:49 AM   #12
JeffR
FHM Producer
 
JeffR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Kelowna, BC
Posts: 10,253
Thanks: 97
Thanked 8,994x in 3,109 posts
Sorry, can you re-upload the save? Apparently we had some sort of issue with the ftp server yesterday that corrupted a few uploads, and yours was one of them.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 09:41 AM   #13
South-Side
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 15
Thanks: 7
Thanked 2x in 2 posts
Re-Up
South-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 10:51 AM   #14
JeffR
FHM Producer
 
JeffR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Kelowna, BC
Posts: 10,253
Thanks: 97
Thanked 8,994x in 3,109 posts
Got it, thanks. Having trouble replicating it exactly, but I did find something odd in the way a player reacted to a very low open offer, which may be related to what you saw. We'll have to investigate this a little further.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:48 AM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Out of the Park Developments