Home | Webstore
Latest News: Update OOTP 19.6 is online - OOTP 19 Available! - MLB Manager 2018 Available Now - FHM 4 Available

Summer Sale - OOTP 19 and FHM 4 are both 50% Off!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > MLB Manager 2018 > MLB Manager Dynasty Reports

MLB Manager Dynasty Reports Tell us about the MLBM dynasties you have built!

Old 02-04-2018, 03:23 PM   #181
Paulie123
All Star Starter

Thanked 273x in 260 posts
13 August 2047

GM’s notebook - Series 40 and 41

Magpies 7-1 Carson City
Magpies 7-0 Carson City
Magpies 3-4 Carson City
Olympia 1-2 Magpies
Olympia 10-9 Magpies
Olympia 4-7 Magpies

- Jeremy Williams began the week with a superb complete game against the Rattlesnakes.
- P.J. Hendrickson was even better the next day, throwing 8 shutout innings and allowing only 2 baserunners all game.
- Jeremiah Harvey went 3-4 in the same game. He’s having a fantastic year. He’s getting on base at a .381 lick and has a .820 OPS.
- Wesley Weaver had another spot start in the opener at home to Olympia, and was excellent again, giving up just 1 run from 7.2 IP and striking out 9. I really need to get him in the rotation next year, but there are no obvious candidates for whose place he’d take.
- Trailing 10-3 heading into the bottom of the 9th in the second game against the Wolfhounds, we launched an unexpected rally, scoring 6 runs including Dave Dodd’s grand slam. Sadly we fell just one run short of completing what would have been an incredible comeback.
- We wrapped up the series with Philip Givens getting win #14 and Júlio Martínez earning save #30.

This week: 4-2
Record: 74-49, =2nd place, 2 GB from Madison
Paulie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 03:27 PM   #182
Paulie123
All Star Starter

14 August 2047

onlytheboxscore.com/Magpies
The jury’s still out on Michael O’Quinn
Posted by Gertrude Postlethwaite, @dirtygerty69

I was one of many baseball writers who felt that the Magpies would not be able to repeat their success of last year. Not that I felt their championship was a fluke, more that, particularly in the tough-as-old-boots North Division, even qualifying for the playoffs again this year would be difficult. Well, the team are proving me wrong. They still have a lot of work to do to secure a postseason berth, but they’ve been in the wildcard spots all season so far. Part of the reason for my scepticism was the loss of star hitter Jim Dillman in the winter; not just lost from the team but moving to division rivals Lansing. The man they brought in at considerable expense to replace Dillman was Michael O’Quinn. So how’s O’Quinn done?

Aided by their aggressive running game, the Magpies offense overall has been good. 549 runs scored and a .252 overall batting average are both 5th-best marks in the Western League. O’Quinn, however, has been somewhat, well, meh. He still has a fantastic eye and draws more than his fair share of walks - 76 from 520 plate appearances so far - and has a .348 on-base percentage which would be fine by most players’ standards. But O’Quinn normally combines that plate discipline with good hitting, and it’s been the latter which has let him down this year. Over the previous two seasons in Austin, his batting average was over .300. So far for the Magpies, it’s down significantly at .235. He needs to step that up.

The offense has compensated for Dillman’s departure in other ways. The right field platoon of Al Elliott and António Fernández have far surpassed expectations. Enrique Limón and Guillermo Díaz are having the best major league seasons of their careers so far. Jeremiah Harvey’s versatility and performances with the bat have been extremely good. If O’Quinn can return to his career norms over the remaining 39 games of the season, that could be the catalyst to secure the Magpies another shot at the playoffs.
Attached Images
Old 02-05-2018, 01:13 PM   #183
Paulie123
All Star Starter

20 August 2047

GM’s notebook - Series 42 and 43

Magpies 3-5 Salem
Magpies 1-5 Salem
Magpies 3-4 Salem
St. Paul 1-2 Magpies
St. Paul 2-3 Magpies
St. Paul 3-2 Magpies

- Enrique Limón (3-4, DBL, SB, RBI) was the only batter to do anything of note in the lacklustre 5-1 second loss in Salem.
- Guillermo Díaz led the way in the final game of the series, hitting 2-3 with 2 HR, 2 BB and a stolen base. Unfortunately none of the other hitters followed his example and Salem completed the sweep. That’s left us 5 games behind Madison in the division race and edging out Denver for the second wildcard place by just 2 games.
- Robinson Ortíz was brilliant in the opener against the Rockets, throwing 8 innings for just 5 hits and no runs. However it took us until the 10th inning to actually win the game.
- It took until the 10th inning to get the win the next day also.
- Several of the lineup (Fernando Martínez, Jeremiah Harvey, Al Elliott, António Fernández) are all going through a slump at the same time, and we’re struggling to score many runs at the moment.
- Alfonzo Carranza is finally healthy after his serious injury! I’m not going to rush him back to the active roster, however. Not worth taking risks with him, and anyway he’ll have to win his place back.
- Limón and Díaz jointly lead the SCL with 9 triples apiece.
- Lansing have won 7 straight to leapfrog Madison in the North Division. Denver had an even worse week than us, and our wildcard race lead has increased a touch to 3 games. We host Lansing next week and really must take the opportunity to gain some ground.

This week: 2-4
Record: 76-53, =2nd place, 4 GB from Lansing
Old 02-05-2018, 01:16 PM   #184
Paulie123
All Star Starter

22 August 2047

The Des Moines Telegraph

Rumours resurface of financial trouble for Magpies

Magpies owner Will Rueda has denied rumours, first reported in the Telegraph last week, of further financial difficulties at the organisation. After Rueda’s sports company reported its second profits warning in as many months, club insiders, speaking to the Telegraph on condition of anonymity, said that the Magpies were also facing significant financial challenges in both the short and long term.

Rueda told reporters yesterday: “It’s true that over the last couple of years my family have scaled back our personal financial contributions to the Magpies, and the club’s payroll and budget have been capped accordingly. However, I must emphasise that the club remains legally entirely separate to my family’s private business entities and will remain so going forward.”

Rueda denied reports that the Magpies would be trading playing assets in the offseason in order to reduce their playroll expenditure next season. He said: “These reports are untrue. I can confirm categorically that next season we will be able to meet all our existing contractual obligations to the players currently on the active roster. After our historic first SCL Cup Final Series win last year, we are enjoying record levels of gate receipts and income from sponsorship and merchandising.”

However Rueda refused to answer questions about the club’s level of debt and whether GM Billy DePodesta would be able to reinvest the salary saved from the departure to free agency of Mal Brown, who is on the disabled list rather than the 25-man roster. He replied: “Billy and I are fully focusing on the current season and the team’s attempt to reach the playoffs for a second straight year. We have not yet discussed plans for next year, and have no plans to do so until the conclusion of this exciting season.”
Old 02-06-2018, 04:30 PM   #185
Paulie123
All Star Starter

26 August 2047

GM’s notebook - Series 44 and 45

Magpies 8-3 Phoenix
Magpies 7-6 Phoenix
Magpies 4-3 Phoenix
Lansing 1-2 Magpies
Lansing 2-4 Magpies
Lansing 4-5 Magpies

- Will hasn’t spoken to me at all about the Telegraph reports of the club’s financial situation. If it’s true, this is news to me. Will’s silence has me slightly alarmed that the reports may be substantially correct. But that’s a problem for another day. I need to focus on this season.
- Fernando Martínez hit 2 towering HR in the first game against Phoenix.
- Wesley Weaver’s third spot start of the year, in the second game this week, was by far his worst: 3.1 IP for 6 ER. But the offense and bullpen earned the W anyway.
- Felipe Ríos got 4 walks from 4 plate appearances as we completed the sweep of the Raccoons. That sets us up nicely for this crucial series against Lansing. Can we finally deliver in a series that really matters?
- Game 1: Yes we can! Robinson Ortíz threw 7.1 innings of 1-run ball.
- Game 2: Yes we can! Philip Givens (8 IP, 1 ER) out-pitched Sharks ace Carlos Lara, who nearly no-hit us a few weeks ago. Lansing, Madison and ourselves are now all tied on 81-53.
- Bob Miller is back from the DL. Although he has been on a poor run recently, I can’t send down António Fernández (.758 OPS), so Felipe Ríos (.604) will go instead. Miller will take over as platoon partner to Al Elliott, Fernández will back up the outfield places, and Jeremiah Harvey will back up all the infield positions. Ríos will be back when rosters expand in a few days’ time.
- Game 3: Yes we can! Heading into the bottom of the 9th, we trailed 4-1. But two doubles, a fielding error and a passed ball later and the game was tied 4-4. We won it on Matt Anderson’s RBI double in the 11th.
- Indianapolis closer Jorge Rodríguez recorded save number 500, putting him 10th on the SCL all-time list.
- We finish that brilliant week joint top of the North Division with Madison. Unfortunately Denver have won 5 on the spin so our cushion over the non-wildcard spots remains just 4 games. We host Denver next week and need to get revenge for their sweep earlier in the year.

This week: 6-0
Record: 82-53, =1st place, tied with Madison
Old 02-06-2018, 04:33 PM   #186
Paulie123
All Star Starter

2 September 2047

GM’s notebook - Series 46 and 47

Magpies 5-6 Bismarck
Magpies 4-0 Bismarck
Magpies 8-2 Bismarck
Denver 2-3 Magpies
Denver 5-1 Magpies
Denver 6-7 Magpies

- The offense launched a terrific rally in the opener against Bismarck, scoring 4 runs in the 9th to tie the game, only for Júlio Martínez to cough up the winning run in the 10th.
- Denver’s star pitcher Steve Coleman is done for this season (and half of next) with a torn flexor tendon. That will hurt them, for sure.
- Carlos Zúñiga’s grand slam in the 8th inning was the only scoring hit of the second game in the Coyotes series. P.J. Hendrickson is now 10-4, 3.51 after his 7.1 scoreless innings.
- We clinched the series after an extraordinary 8th inning where we scored 7. Roberto Caro doubled twice in the inning and Dave Dodd got another grand slam.
- As Denver arrive, we now lead both Madison and Lansing by 1 game, and our lead over the Snow Sox is 5.
- Matt Anderson’s walk-off RBI double in the 10th won us an incredibly nervy opening game against Denver. We have at least already avoided another calamitous sweep by them.
- 1st September: I called up 3 players as rosters expanded. Recent draftee Gabe Copeland comes up to give me another quality bullpen arm and to audition to make next year’s opening day roster. Felipe Ríos returns as a lefty backup bat. And, like last year, speedster Zachary Tinter comes up purely to offer a pinch-running threat.
- In the Snow Sox series decider, Jeremy Williams left the team in a 6-0 hole in the top of the 3rd, but the offense responded like champions to turn it around. Al Elliott (3-4, 4 RBI) led the way.
- We end the week tied with Lansing and 1 game ahead of Madison. Whatever happens over the final few weeks, this is been an incredibly exciting and fun season.

Record: 86-55, =1st place, tied with Lansing
Attached Images
Old 02-06-2018, 04:36 PM   #187
Paulie123
All Star Starter

2 September 2047

Mannix Glowstone
@rayoflight

OMG this is the most exciting division race I can ever remember! So so close all season! I really think the #Magpies can do it!
10:37PM - 2 Sep 2047

Dietmar Uberfan
@magpiesobsessive

I know what you mean @rayoflight, I haven’t missed a ball of a #Magpies game on SCL At-Bat Premium for weeks. Just glued to it. What a season! #stillnothadtheweddingyet #fiancehavingsecondthoughts #weekssincewelastdidit
10:41PM - 2 Sep 2047

Zebedee Stethoscope
@glasshalfempty

@rayoflight @magpiesobsessive dont no wot ur gettin so xcited about well throw it away 4 sure #markmywords
10:43PM - 2 Sep 2047

Bart Wardrobe
@MagpiesMad

In Billy I trust! #keepthefaith #Magpies
10:44PM - 2 Sep 2047

Jocky Stud
@100girls

@magpiesobsessive I really worry about you man #gogetsome
10:47PM - 2 Sep 2047
Old 02-07-2018, 05:02 PM   #188
Paulie123
All Star Starter

8 September 2047

GM’s notebook - Series 48 and 49

Magpies 0-2 Austin
Magpies 1-4 Austin
Magpies 4-3 Austin
Sacramento 6-4 Magpies
Sacramento 4-2 Magpies
Sacramento 3-10 Magpies

- Tommaso Chigi gave a great spot start in the 0-2 defeat to the Tycoons, going 7.1 IP for just 2 runs. But the offense contrived to scatter 8 hits and not score a run.
- The Austin series was not a great time for the offense to go cold.
- Orlando Gonzáles is done for the season in Annapolis after suffering shoulder tendinitis.
- Philip Givens’s 17th win of the season ensured we avoided the sweep in game three.
- Robinson Ortíz and Wesley Weaver had uncharacteristically poor outings in the home opener against the Stingrays.
- Roberto Caro hit a home run and a double in the closing game of the week to salvage a win.
- That was a horrible week. Fortunately neither Lansing nor Madison went on a year and we’re still well in the hunt. We’re 2 games behind Lansing and 1 game back from Madison.
- But Denver had an even worse 1-5 week, and we lead them by 6 games in the wildcard race with 15 left to play. The injury to ace Steve Coleman has definitely given their confidence a huge hit.

This week: 2-4
Record: 88-59, 3rd place, 2 GB from Lansing
Old 02-07-2018, 05:06 PM   #189
Paulie123
All Star Starter

15 September 2047

GM’s notebook - Series 50 and 51

Magpies 5-4 Santa Fe
Magpies 2-3 Santa Fe
Magpies 5-3 Santa Fe
Madison 2-4 Magpies
Madison 0-5 Magpies
Madison 2-3 Magpies

- Michael O’Quinn’s 2-4, HR, DBL performance headlined our narrow victory in the first game of the set at Santa Fe Fields.
- The second game was our longest of the year so far, the Outlaws eventually winning in the 14th. Both teams felt they should have scored more runs, after each leaving 11 men on base. Roberto Caro left the game in the 5th inning with an injury to his side.
- Caro will miss the rest of the regular season through injury (see next post) but it could have been so much worse. Jeremiah Harvey will be the everyday second baseman until Caro’s back. Floyd Tipton is called up as a replacement but will likely only pinch-hit.
- P.J. Hendrickson delivered a very nice 6.1 IP, 4 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 6 K performance to win the series rubber game.
- Next up are visitors Madison, who have won 6 on the bounce to regain the division lead by 1 from Lansing, and by 2 from us. We can’t afford to lose the series.
- Kevin Cantrell gave us a rotation leader’s display in the opening 4-2 win against the Brown Bears. Star of the show, however, was Carlos Zúñiga (3-3, HR, BB).
- Jeremy Williams hurled a sensational 2-hit shutout in game two, in front of over 48,000 packed-in fans.
- That win means that with just 10 games to go, it’s a 3-way tie at 92-60 at the top of the North Division. What an incredible season this has been. Denver are now 7 games behind, so it’s virtually certain now that 2 of us in the division will again meet in the wildcard game.
- Júlio Martínez blew his 6th save of the season in the series finale, but Al Elliott singled home Michael O’Quinn in the bottom of the 14th to complete a fantastic, vital sweep.

This week: 5-1
Record: 93-60, =1st place, tied with Lansing
Attached Images
Old 02-07-2018, 05:07 PM   #190
Paulie123
All Star Starter

11 September 2047

To: Billy DePodesta

Des Moines Magpies Medical Department
INJURY REPORT: ROBERTO CARO

I attach my department’s report on the injury sustained by Roberto Caro in today’s game against the Santa Fe Outlaws.

The report is thankfully very brief, because I am pleased to report that an injury sustained by one of our players is, for once, less severe than first diagnosed. Roberto has suffered an oblique strain, but is expected to make a fast recovery after some intensive rehabilitation, and should be fit enough to return to the active roster in 3 weeks’ time. This means Roberto will not play again for the rest of the stretch, but may be available to play in the Western League Division Series, should we make it that far.

Aristotle Catheter M.D.
Club Doctor
Old 02-08-2018, 02:57 AM   #191
paul.m.w.
Major Leagues

Thanked 65x in 57 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie123 View Post
13 August 2047

GM’s notebook - Series 40 and 41

Magpies 7-1 Carson City

Magpies 7-0 Carson City

Magpies 3-4 Carson City

Olympia 1-2 Magpies

Olympia 10-9 Magpies

Olympia 4-7 Magpies

- Jeremy Williams began the week with a superb complete game against the Rattlesnakes.

- P.J. Hendrickson was even better the next day, throwing 8 shutout innings and allowing only 2 baserunners all game.

- Jeremiah Harvey went 3-4 in the same game. He’s having a fantastic year. He’s getting on base at a .381 lick and has a .820 OPS.

- Wesley Weaver had another spot start in the opener at home to Olympia, and was excellent again, giving up just 1 run from 7.2 IP and striking out 9. I really need to get him in the rotation next year, but there are no obvious candidates for whose place he’d take.

- Trailing 10-3 heading into the bottom of the 9th in the second game against the Wolfhounds, we launched an unexpected rally, scoring 6 runs including Dave Dodd’s grand slam. Sadly we fell just one run short of completing what would have been an incredible comeback.

- We wrapped up the series with Philip Givens getting win #14 and Júlio Martínez earning save #30.

Record: 74-49, =2nd place, 2 GB from Madison

Wow! Cool stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Paulie123 (02-08-2018)
Old 02-08-2018, 05:41 PM   #192
Paulie123
All Star Starter

21 September 2047

GM’s notebook - Series 52 and 53

Magpies 3-4 Baton Rouge
Magpies 11-1 Baton Rouge
Magpies 0-1 Baton Rouge
Carson City 4-12 Magpies
Carson City 0-2 Magpies
Carson City 2-5 Magpies

- Robinson Ortíz and Ken James combined to allow 3 costly runs in the bottom of the 7th in game one in Baton Rouge. We had been leading 3-1.
- The offense got payback for that disappointing loss by jumping all over the Deltas’ pitching the following day. Spot starter Tommaso Chigi didn’t need anything like that many runs to get the win, throwing a dominant 8.2 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 9 K.
- Kevin Cantrell’s brilliant 8.2 scoreless innings in the series decider were wasted when Júlio Martínez came in and took just 4 pitches to cough up the winning run.
- The offense steadied nerves in the home opener against the Rattlesnakes by chasing their ace Brian Duffy from the game in the bottom of the first. We got 7 runs on 6 hits from him, and he didn’t even manage to record an out.
- So after 4 games this week we have a 26-10 run differential but a 2-2 record...
- Jeremy Williams had another great day in the 2-0 win, getting through 8.2 innings without allowing a run. Martínez came in again for a 1-out save, and this time didn’t screw it up.
- António Fernández produced a memorable moment of magic to complete the sweep of the Rattlesnakes. His walk-off, pinch-hit, 2-out, 3-run home run broke a 2-2 tie. He absolutely mashed it: it was measured at 446 feet. The noise round the ballpark after the ball left his bat was just deafening.
- With only one 3-game series left to play, we’re tied with Lansing. We look to have finally seen off the challenge from Madison, as they’re now 3 games behind and surely destined for,the wildcard game again. We travel to Olympia (70-89) while Lansing host Santa Fe (73-86).
- Bob Miller needs another two week stint on the DL with a bruised wrist. Veteran outfielder Júlio Pérez is called up to our active roster for the first time.

Record: 97-62, =1st place, tied with Lansing
Attached Images
Old 02-08-2018, 05:42 PM   #193
Paulie123
All Star Starter

22 September 2047

====================
SCLmagpiesnation.com
====================

Magpies prepare for one last push

By Maggie Pye | 22 Sep | 1,481,041 comments

What. A. Year. If you haven’t got excited about baseball after this incredible season, well, you’ll never get excited about baseball. The North Division has served up the best division title rest I can ever remember. The Sharks, Brown Bears and Magpies have remained within just 2 or 3 games of each other the whole way since the middle of June. Madison need a minor miracle and look out of the race at long, long last. The Sharks and the Magpies will duke it out. The 162-game season comes down to just 3.

I don’t know about you, but I’m glad of today’s last league-wide rest day. It gives a chance to catch my breath and take stock before these crucial few games. I’m popping to the supermarket later to stock up on fizzy drinks, snacks and microwave meals. I won’t be leaving the house; I’ll be glued to every last pitch. Even if Lansing pip the Magpies to win the division, here at MagpiesNation we’ll be disappointed of course. But come what may, we’ll also be grateful to the players and staff at all three teams for serving up the most exciting, entertaining and memorable regular season battles ever. In the meantime, Kevin Cantrell, Michael O’Quinn and the boys are gearing up for three huge games.
Old 02-08-2018, 05:45 PM   #194
Paulie123
All Star Starter

25 September 2047

GM’s notebook - Series 54

Magpies 5-6 Olympia
Magpies 0-5 Olympia
Magpies 4-2 Olympia

- Kevin Cantrell was cruising in the opening game with a 4-1 lead heading into the 8th, but then it all went wrong. The Wolfhounds came roaring back with 5 runs. Fernando Martínez’s 17th HR in the top of the 9th gave us hope of a late recovery, and then we loaded the bases, but couldn’t force home the tying run. Lansing edged Santa Fe 5-4, so we trail by 1.
- Olympia’s young stud Ed Rice had too much for our lineup in the second game. Lansing thumped the Outlaws 5-1 to finally claim the North Division title.
- So we face a rematch with the Brown Bears in the wildcard game. Again we have home field advantage. Robinson Ortíz will take the mound for us. He’ll be fresh and has probably been our most consistent starter since the all-star break.
- Enrique Limón was the SCL leader in stolen bases with 53. Guillermo Díaz got 2 bags in the final game to finish second with 48. Our running game has been a real strength again this year. Limón and Díaz also jointly led the league in triples, with 10.
- Philip Givens finished joint 2nd with 19 wins. Madison’s Tony Casas topped out with 20.
- Our 199 total stolen bases was less than the 209 we managed last year, but still led the SCL by a wide margin.
- Gabe Copeland, Zachary Tinter and Júlio Pérez have been removed from the active roster to bring it down to 25 for the wildcard game.

This week: 1-2
Record: 98-64, 2nd place, tied with Lansing
Attached Images
Old 02-09-2018, 05:16 PM   #195
Paulie123
All Star Starter

26 September 2047

(Reproduced courtesy of SCL At-Bat, the number one app for all the latest SCL news and scores)

SCL teams prepare for 2047 postseason campaign
Lansing, Austin lead the way with 100 wins

By Tim Curtain, 11:29PM, 26 Sep 47

So, farewell then the 2047 regular season. The hard slog is over, and now we get ready for another exciting SCL postseason.

There are plenty of interesting plots and sub-plots. Lansing spent big on offense over the winter in an attempt to rebound from their awful 2046 season. That has paid off with a first North Division pennant since 2043, but can they go on and complete the job? Tallahassee comfortably won the EL South East Division for the second year in a row, but can they make amends for the crushing disappointment of their game 7 defeat in the SCL Cup Final Series last October? Can the defending champions Des Moines get past Madison in the wildcard game and then reclaim their crown? What about Nashville, who clinched an EL wildcard spot to make the playoffs for only the second time in the last decade? And how about North East Division champs Augusta, who were the Cup Final Series runners-up in 2045 and 2046 and have qualified for the playoffs for the fifth straight year?

It all starts tomorrow with the wildcard games. Hold on to your hats!

Western League
North Division: Lansing (100-62)
West Coast Division: Salem (82-80)
South Division: Austin (100-62)
Wildcards: Des Moines (98-64), Madison (97-65)

Eastern League
North East Division: Augusta (91-71)
Central Division: Richmond (92-70)
South East Division: Tallahassee (97-65)
Wildcards: Columbus (90-72), Nashville (86-76)
Old 02-09-2018, 05:19 PM   #196
Paulie123
All Star Starter

27 September 2047

====================
SCLmagpiesnation.com
====================

Ortíz gem leads Magpies to wildcard victory

By Maggie Pye | 27 Sep | 75,104 comments

It can’t happen again. Can it? Magpies GM Billy DePodesta advanced his record to 5-0 in winner-takes-all playoff games as his team defeated the unfortunate Brown Bears in the Western League wildcard game for the second consecutive season. They will now face the South Division champions Austin in the division series.

Facing Brown Bears ace Al Harper, the Magpies opened the scoring in the 1st inning after back-to-back doubles from Carlos Zúñiga and Michael O’Quinn. They stretched the lead to 3-0 in the 3rd, after Enrique Limón doubled home Guillermo Díaz and then scored himself on O’Quinn’s groundout. Homegrown favourite Robinson Ortíz was not about to let that early lead slip, and pitched consistently well throughout the evening, finishing with 8 IP, 2 ER, 9 K.

The Magpies needed the insurance run they got in the 6th to ease any jitters, but in truth they were more comfortable than the final 4-2 scoreline suggests. After the game, GM Billy DePodesta confirmed that injured hitters Bob Miller and Roberto Caro will not be fit for the division series and will remain on the disabled list.
Attached Images
Old 02-09-2018, 05:21 PM   #197
Paulie123
All Star Starter

27 September 2047

Bertie Whistlestop
@peeppeeppeep

Here we go again! Come on #Magpies! Let’s have a #repeat!
11:21PM - 27 Sep 2047

Severino Guadalajara-Smith
@sabermetricjedi

Who would you guys have in the #Magpies playoff rotation? I’d have Cantrell, Givens, Ortíz. Williams 4th starter if needed. Hendrickson and his 4.30 FIP in the pen
11:24PM - 27 Sep 2047

Hank Blunt
@isayitlikeitis

@sabermetricjedi Cantrell Givens Williams
11:25PM - 27 Sep 2047

Genghis Troll
@nothingbettertodo

Has this bloody baseball not finished yet? It’s SO boring #NFLrocks
11:27PM - 27 Sep 2047
Old 02-09-2018, 05:24 PM   #198
Paulie123
All Star Starter

28 September 2047

The SCL Armchair Almanac, 2047 Edition

MOST SCL CUP FINAL SERIES VICTORIES

4 - Atlanta (2025, 2026, 2027, 2028)
4 - Austin (2018, 2019, 2034, 2045)

3 - Albany (2017, 2037, 2041)

2 - Annapolis (2024, 2040)
2 - Boston (2030, 2032)
2 - Hartford (2035, 2043)
2 - Lansing (2029, 2039)
Old 02-11-2018, 03:08 PM   #199
Paulie123
All Star Starter

29 September 2047

====================
SCLmagpiesnation.com
====================

Division Series, Game 1: Magpies dominate Tycoons in series opener

By Maggie Pye | 29 Sep | 13,099 comments

Lee Cox, Tycoon’s young superstar pitcher, missed the whole of the second half of the regular season with a hamstring strain, and it was a surprise that the club named him as their starter for the division series opener in Texas. It soon became clear he had not quickly rediscovered his best form.

He started the game well enough. Led by Outstanding Hitter candidate first baseman Joel Tizzard, the Tycoons got after Magpies starter Kevin Cantrell in the 1st inning, opening the scoring with 2 runs on 2 doubles. But as Cantrell settled down, so Cox started to tire and struggle against the Magpies lineup. The Magpies took the lead by hitting Cox for 3 runs in the 3rd, thanks to Enrique Limón’s 2-RBI double and Limón then scoring himself on Carlos Zúñiga’s single. The Magpies then got after Cox again in the 6th, extending their lead to 5-2 on RBI doubles from Fernando Martínez and centre fielder Dave Dodd.

That was Cox done for the day, but the Tycoons will be concerned how easily the Magpies then got after their bullpen and added more runs on in the 8th and 9th innings, giving the lopsided 9-3 final scoreline. Worse news was to come after the game for Austin, as all-star 2B Júlio Torres will probably miss the rest of the postseason with a hamstring strain of his own.
Old 02-11-2018, 03:10 PM   #200
Paulie123
All Star Starter

30 September 2047

====================
SCLmagpiesnation.com
====================

Division Series, Game 2: Elliott-Smith fight mars excellent Magpies victory

By Maggie Pye | 30 Sep | 35,553 comments

The Magpies will head back to Des Moines with a 2-0 lead in the division series after a confident 3-1 win against Austin. But the game was marred by a bench-clearing brawl in the 5th inning between Magpies outfielder Al Elliott and Tycoons starter John Smith that will see both players suspended for 6 games.

Smith, who had gone 17-8, 3.10 for Austin during the regular season, had been enjoying a fine pitchers’ duel with Magpies #2 starter Philip Givens. Joel Tizzard’s solo home run gave Austin the lead in the 1st inning, but DH Michael O’Quinn led off the 5th with a deep shot to level the scores at 1-1. Smith took umbrage at O’Quinn’s celebrations as he circled the bases, and was still visibly raging when he hit Elliott, the next batter up. Words were exchanged between the two players, and Elliott rushed the mound, leading both benches to clear, and the game being held up for over 10 minutes while the umpires tried to usher the players off the field. Elliott and Smith were both ejected from the game.

Fernando Martínez’s solo HR in the next inning put the Magpies ahead, and they extended the lead to 3-1 in the top of the 8th when Carlos Zúñiga singled home Enrique Limón. They also loaded the bases with only 1 out in the 9th but couldn’t extend their lead. However they weren’t to rue that missed opportunity as closer Júlio Martínez threw a comfortable 1-2-3 final inning to see the game out.