Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.5.47 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

SUMMER SALE - OOTP and FHM are 50% off!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 11-19-2015, 06:01 PM   #1081
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 163x in 95 posts
I think I read that a new patch is on the horizon? Is there ANY way we can get some more commissioner functionality? It's a pretty time consuming endeavor compared to OOTP. I know the games are different, but the ability to automate some of these tasks and upload (and properly download so that the team exports don't get wiped) is the ABSOLUTE #1 wish I have for this game right now.

It's a tough job!
Thank you for this post:
G-Nuke (11-19-2015)
Old 11-19-2015, 08:23 PM   #1082
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

Thanked 50x in 39 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
There's no demo at the moment, although we're looking at creating one when we have time after fixing everthing that needs to be addressed in the short term.

If they've played in the NHL, they'll be there. I'm working on expanding that to include all draft picks, even if they didn't make it to the NHL, but it'll be a slow process.

No, in historical mode you're limited to the actual expansions that occurred.

If you have the game on Steam, you can do it either way, if not, then Pinrt Screen/paste.

Not sure where you read that, height can be shown in either feet/inches or centimeters.

The preseason roster size is unlikely to be expanded this year, but we'll be expanding the training camp options in future versions.
are the 23 players only in all leagues or just nhl? as far as the inches thing i read it in the fhm2 impressions... when i ment about the 2006 dratf etc is i wanted to start back in the day just wanted to know if all players from OHL, WHL and QMJHL draft picks appear like they did in the real NHl drafts even if they didn't play in the nhl like last year and year before that etc..

Also i bought a 23" monitor which has 1920x1080 will i be able to play full screen or not?
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 10:41 PM   #1083
G-Nuke
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 71x in 41 posts
Quote:
If they've played in the NHL, they'll be there. I'm working on expanding that to include all draft picks, even if they didn't make it to the NHL, but it'll be a slow process.
Any chance of adding the 2015 draft class in the next update (McDavid, Eichel, etc...)?

The transition from the end of the 2015 historical season to the fictional drafts(2016+) is rather abrupt with no 2015 draft (since there are no players).
G-Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 01:16 AM   #1084
JeffR
FHM Producer

Thanked 8,998x in 3,112 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe View Post
I think I read that a new patch is on the horizon? Is there ANY way we can get some more commissioner functionality? It's a pretty time consuming endeavor compared to OOTP. I know the games are different, but the ability to automate some of these tasks and upload (and properly download so that the team exports don't get wiped) is the ABSOLUTE #1 wish I have for this game right now.

It's a tough job!
There'll be fixes for various multiplayer issues in the update, but at this point expanded functions will have to take a back seat to bugfixing. We'll definitely be improving it as time passes, but we're still in the very early stages of multiplayer development for the game - you can take a look at everything that's available for OOTP16 now and see that there's a pretty long road ahead of us.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 01:19 AM   #1085
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres2000 View Post
are the 23 players only in all leagues or just nhl? as far as the inches thing i read it in the fhm2 impressions... when i ment about the 2006 dratf etc is i wanted to start back in the day just wanted to know if all players from OHL, WHL and QMJHL draft picks appear like they did in the real NHl drafts even if they didn't play in the nhl like last year and year before that etc..

Also i bought a 23" monitor which has 1920x1080 will i be able to play full screen or not?
The roster sizes vary by league, 23 is the NHL number, in the KHL it's 25, etc.

You should be able to play fullscreen with that monitor, yes.
Old 11-20-2015, 01:22 AM   #1086
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Nuke View Post
Any chance of adding the 2015 draft class in the next update (McDavid, Eichel, etc...)?

The transition from the end of the 2015 historical season to the fictional drafts(2016+) is rather abrupt with no 2015 draft (since there are no players).
Not mechanically possible to include the current year's draftees, unfortunately. But we should be able to move the first fictional draft up a season to cover for that, which would leave only a game started right in 2014-15 without a draft class.
Thank you for this post:
G-Nuke (11-20-2015)
Old 11-20-2015, 06:35 AM   #1087
NolaSola7
All Star Starter

Thanked 139x in 112 posts
Is the next update days or weeks away? thanks!
NolaSola7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 11:33 AM   #1088
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,752x in 633 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NolaSola7 View Post
Is the next update days or weeks away? thanks!
Closer to days than to weeks, but of course, that's always dependant on the ultimate.. when it's ready
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
colingm (11-20-2015), NolaSola7 (11-20-2015)
Old 11-20-2015, 12:20 PM   #1089
colingm
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
How does the CPU determine which goalie to start? In my current season as Vancouver I'm 20-5 with 100 goals for, lead the league in many categories. I notice the CPU has dressed their backup in most games which accounts for the high goal count and good record. I have scored as many as 9 goals in a game! Wouldn't the CPU see i'm the best team in the league and dress the starter? FYI I play every game in-game.
colingm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 05:22 PM   #1090
G-Nuke
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 71x in 41 posts
Quote:
Not mechanically possible to include the current year's draftees, unfortunately. But we should be able to move the first fictional draft up a season to cover for that, which would leave only a game started right in 2014-15 without a draft class.
That would be a good compromise. Thanks
G-Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 05:53 PM   #1091
Longshot
Bat Boy

Thanked 2x in 2 posts
I am having an issue with trading. I offered to trade for a player on another team and decided against doing it. I can't find a way to cancel the trade. I can't right click the player and click "remove" and "trade offer" is grayed out on the league tools screen so I can't trade with anyone else.

Thanks
Longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 08:30 PM   #1092
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 289x in 220 posts
But could we Transition into Real League that's part of Game after 2015 season?
Old 11-21-2015, 12:24 AM   #1093
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by colingm View Post
How does the CPU determine which goalie to start? In my current season as Vancouver I'm 20-5 with 100 goals for, lead the league in many categories. I notice the CPU has dressed their backup in most games which accounts for the high goal count and good record. I have scored as many as 9 goals in a game! Wouldn't the CPU see i'm the best team in the league and dress the starter? FYI I play every game in-game.
At the moment, opponent strength isn't something the AI considers when choosing a starter. I'm working on something to make it's decisions a little deeper, and also more user-configurable.
Thank you for this post:
colingm (11-21-2015)
Old 11-21-2015, 12:32 AM   #1094
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot View Post
I am having an issue with trading. I offered to trade for a player on another team and decided against doing it. I can't find a way to cancel the trade. I can't right click the player and click "remove" and "trade offer" is grayed out on the league tools screen so I can't trade with anyone else.

Thanks
You'll get the chance to abandon or renegotiate the offer once the other team replies. But you should still have access to the Trade Offer menu, that shouldn't be greyed out - are you sure you didn't go past the league trading deadline?
Old 11-21-2015, 01:18 PM   #1095
Longshot
Bat Boy

Thanked 2x in 2 posts
Quote:
You'll get the chance to abandon or renegotiate the offer once the other team replies. But you should still have access to the Trade Offer menu, that shouldn't be greyed out - are you sure you didn't go past the league trading deadline?
I'm only a few days into it, but its not a submitted offer that causes it, its when I right click a player and click "trade offer". Once he gets put into the trade creation screen, I cannot right click him in the trade creation screen and click "remove" (like I can any other players). It doesn't allow it, so I HAVE to make some kind of trade now with him involved.

The problem of not being able to remove him with right click appears to only happen when I right click a player to start a trade negotiation, when I do it the other way with a "blank" trade creation screen I can remove everyone and it doesn't get stuck.
Longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 01:22 PM   #1096
DanielR
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 6x in 6 posts
Any news on why my game crashes on Sept. 6?
DanielR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 06:30 PM   #1097
Empty
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 8x in 8 posts
I keep getting the message "Invalid Database Version!" when trying to load a save game. I have the latest version and this randomly happened when I was trying to load a game that worked when I opened it earlier today. Is the a reason or a fix for this?
Empty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 07:17 PM   #1098
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielR View Post
Any news on why my game crashes on Sept. 6?
We've fixed the problem that caused it, that'll be part of the next update, which won't be that much longer. I'm not certain that the save will still work after the update, but the crash won't reoccur in a new game.
Old 11-21-2015, 07:21 PM   #1099
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty View Post
I keep getting the message "Invalid Database Version!" when trying to load a save game. I have the latest version and this randomly happened when I was trying to load a game that worked when I opened it earlier today. Is the a reason or a fix for this?
That message will normally only show up in two circumstances: when we've changed the structure of the database, making older saves incompatible, or when a save file has become corrupted. We've definitely not done anything that would cause the first situation, so most likely something has gone bad in the file itself. If you'd like, you can try uploading it (instructions here, or put it on a filesharing site like filedropper.com or dropbox and PM me the link) and we can have a look, but my suspicion is that it may be unloadable for us as well.
Old 11-21-2015, 07:28 PM   #1100
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot View Post
I'm only a few days into it, but its not a submitted offer that causes it, its when I right click a player and click "trade offer". Once he gets put into the trade creation screen, I cannot right click him in the trade creation screen and click "remove" (like I can any other players). It doesn't allow it, so I HAVE to make some kind of trade now with him involved.

The problem of not being able to remove him with right click appears to only happen when I right click a player to start a trade negotiation, when I do it the other way with a "blank" trade creation screen I can remove everyone and it doesn't get stuck.
Ah, I see what you're saying now. You should be able to back out of that window and get the trade offer button active again, but it looks like something's going wrong and that's not happening. Definitely not intended, we'll get that fixed.

In the meantime, the easiest way to kill the offer is to just ask for some ridiculous return from the other team; the trade offer button will activate again as soon as the offer is made, even though they won't accept it.

Last edited by JeffR; 11-21-2015 at 07:33 PM.