Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-16-2014, 05:55 PM   #1
craftdr
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 149x in 77 posts
Scouting Suggested SP as MR

I've had OOTP 14 since it was released but haven't played as much as previous versions until recently. As I've gotten interested again due to the release of 15 on Friday I've been playing quite a bit the last couple weeks and this brought on this question. Anyway, the difference I see is that quite a few of my pitchers have the pitches and stamina to be starters but they are not quite good enough to make it as a starter but could be decent relievers. I think this is realistic and I like it compared to the 3 versions I've played previously but I would like to know if there is a way I can have my scout give me a report based on him being a MR.

I've tried changing his position and I get the stuff increase and in some cases an increase in their overall/potential rating but still the development report is based on him being a starter. I have also checked the box to force him as a MR but that didn't work either. I'm not having any problems with them playing out of position as I set my own lineups but thought if the option is available I would use it.

Thanks in advance for any answers and I apologize if this is readily available. I did a forum search but didn't find what I was looking for.
craftdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:22 PM   #2
Leo_The_Lip
All Star Reserve

Thanked 414x in 259 posts
No, you can't force the Development report to change the way it views a player--no matter I've done.

A useful tool that nonetheless still contains forehead smacking glitches. I trust this will be improved in future versions.

Leo_The_Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
craftdr (04-17-2014)