Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.5.52 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 04-08-2015, 10:39 AM   #521
Evok
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 38x in 6 posts
To be honest i am STILL waiting for the patch even thought FHM2 looks amazing. They said themselves that the update would be available for us to play while waiting the release of FHM2 ... to be honest if it's not updated soon, it will not be playing WHILE waiting but just playing both at the same time knowing that the release of FHM2 is planned for end of May ... but at this point i have little hope for that too.
Evok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 11:16 AM   #522
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Thanked 7,153x in 1,780 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evok View Post
To be honest i am STILL waiting for the patch even thought FHM2 looks amazing. They said themselves that the update would be available for us to play while waiting the release of FHM2 ... to be honest if it's not updated soon, it will not be playing WHILE waiting but just playing both at the same time knowing that the release of FHM2 is planned for end of May ... but at this point i have little hope for that too.
We understand the frustration (we would love to have the patch out of our way as well ) but rushing the patch and rushing FHM 2 makes no sense for us (we had that in the past) so we take our time and make work hard to get everything as good as possible.

At this point we know we need to regain the faith and we try our best to do so but words (alone) do not help, we need to do it by releasing improvements step by step (a patch that makes 2014 better, a new version that makes the franchise better, updates to FHM 2 that further make the game better until FHM 3 comes out).
Sebastian Palkowski is online now   Reply With Quote
5 thanks for this post:
BlackIce (04-08-2015), Carna (04-08-2015), EberleisEdmonton13 (04-09-2015), GMO123 (04-16-2015), Teloch (04-17-2015)
Old 04-08-2015, 12:18 PM   #523
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

Thanked 276x in 159 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
We understand the frustration (we would love to have the patch out of our way as well ) but rushing the patch and rushing FHM 2 makes no sense for us (we had that in the past) so we take our time and make work hard to get everything as good as possible.

At this point we know we need to regain the faith and we try our best to do so but words (alone) do not help, we need to do it by releasing improvements step by step (a patch that makes 2014 better, a new version that makes the franchise better, updates to FHM 2 that further make the game better until FHM 3 comes out).
Sebastian... I'm holding out hope the fighting is at least better (players fighting other known fighters) and most importantly allowing a EHM style allowing players to be encouraged, allowed or NOT allowed to drop them along with the misconducts and suspensions handed out to reflect the season stats more accurately.

Your my boy Blue! =) I Can't wait and but I'm sure it'll be worth the while here.
BlackIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 08:51 PM   #524
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Thanked 190x in 118 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post

Take your time and get it right. I for one want the best hockey simulation game possible so if it takes time no worries. When the game drops not only do i want it to be good but i want it to sell like crazy. If it's a great game or at least looks like it's heading in a great direction I for one will be promoting the hell out of the game and trying to get everyone that likes hockey to buy it. Because that's a win win for everyone in my opinion. The details of FHM2 sound great keep up the good work Bud.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
dave1927p (04-09-2015), EberleisEdmonton13 (04-10-2015)
Old 04-16-2015, 08:01 AM   #525
Smetja
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Fix this update bug in my statistics coach??? please answer

Last edited by Smetja; 04-17-2015 at 01:49 PM.
Smetja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 10:58 AM   #526
pierfoot
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Roster information

Hi, I have a question... Could someone post the roster of the italian team Hc Valpellice Bulldogs? I'd like to buy the game as a gift for a friend who played there but it would not be so great if he isn't in the game...
Thank you very much!
pierfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 04:24 PM   #527
Robert11729
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 16x in 12 posts
Forums have really died its been nearly 3 months still no word on an update I know they are taking there time in getting it all to fall in place but this is crazy I hope there is an update soon and any new word on when the release date for FHM 2 is coming out last I heard it was late may.
Robert11729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 03:15 PM   #528
Bugsquasher
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 17x in 12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert11729 View Post
Forums have really died its been nearly 3 months still no word on an update I know they are taking there time in getting it all to fall in place but this is crazy I hope there is an update soon and any new word on when the release date for FHM 2 is coming out last I heard it was late may.
I've been waiting for a year, for sure. First for a patch for FHM and now FHM 2. Just be patient is all I can say. Be patient like mental patients in a hospital.... It will come someday. Hopefully...

While you wait, if you have the cash, there are other hockey games out there such as the new Eastside Hockey Manager 2015 early release. Get steam, and buy it if you have the cash.

It's been keeping me busy for now, but I really miss playing the historical game of FHM. FHM 2 will be a great game no question but the wait is agonizingly terrible.
Bugsquasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 07:01 PM   #529
TheAlaskan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 10x in 5 posts
Out of curiosity... will OOTP consider FHM2 a framework for future iterations in which they can build off of? I.e. will FHM2 allow them to more quickly release the next version?

I guess my only interpretation of the delay is that they started from scratch, but that could be wrong.
TheAlaskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 12:47 AM   #530
SmoothGentleman
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 52x in 31 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlaskan View Post
Out of curiosity... will OOTP consider FHM2 a framework for future iterations in which they can build off of? I.e. will FHM2 allow them to more quickly release the next version?

I guess my only interpretation of the delay is that they started from scratch, but that could be wrong.
Unless a key function of the game is built up again from scratch again, that would be the goal to have a solid starting point.
SmoothGentleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 12:43 PM   #531
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Thanked 1,532x in 848 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlaskan View Post

Fhm2 lays a far better foundation than fhm 1 did. I would say that they will be able to build off fhm 2 much more efficiently then they did from the 1 to 2 leap.
Old 09-06-2015, 05:58 PM   #532
RFroese
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 6x in 6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendo View Post
jeff so match engine patch will be the last one? do you have any info about FMH2015?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Right, those will be a part of the next, likely final, patch. We'll probably have more news on FHM15 in about a month, the OOTP Developments annual meeting is the last week in June and we'll be ready to describe it in detail after that, once we've had a chance to all sit down together and finalize the feature list and release plans.
Is this promised patch ever coming? We were promised this before FHM 2, but thus far have not see hide not hair of it. This promised patch is what I am basing my claim for an upgrade path to FHM 2 on.
RFroese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 06:10 PM   #533
RFroese
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 6x in 6 posts
Update, Cole has PM'd me that the final update to FHM 1 will be coming before the release of FHM 2. I'm good with that.
RFroese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 06:56 PM   #534
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Thanked 1,532x in 848 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFroese View Post
Is this promised patch ever coming? We were promised this before FHM 2, but thus far have not see hide not hair of it. This promised patch is what I am basing my claim for an upgrade path to FHM 2 on.
It is coming very shortly. It's in final testing so it won't be long. Yes, it will also release before FHM 2 and it uses the same all-new engine. And to tell you the truth, many of us testers are having a very difficult time testing 1 after beta testing FHM 2 because of the massive improvement in the GUI to name one reason.

Last edited by dave1927p; 09-06-2015 at 07:00 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
BlackIce (09-12-2015)
Old 09-11-2015, 03:06 PM   #535
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 63x in 42 posts
Will this update have updated rosters as well?
beezer2434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 07:18 PM   #536
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Thanked 652x in 443 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beezer2434 View Post
Will this update have updated rosters as well?
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...announced.html

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
beezer2434 (09-11-2015)
Old 09-14-2015, 03:10 PM   #537
sth0009
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 22x in 18 posts
Bump...

any news of FHM 1 patch?
sth0009 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
Benoit256 (09-14-2015), bsimons77 (09-14-2015)
Old 09-15-2015, 07:26 AM   #538
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,754x in 635 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sth0009 View Post
Bump...

any news of FHM 1 patch?
Nothing different, it's still anticipated to be released before the release of FHM 2 on Sept. 28. I know Sebastian was out of town for a little bit, so it should be obviously sometime in the next two weeks but probably sooner than later.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
sth0009 (09-15-2015)
Old 09-15-2015, 08:59 AM   #539
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Thanked 652x in 443 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
Nothing different, it's still anticipated to be released before the release of FHM 2 on Sept. 28. I know Sebastian was out of town for a little bit, so it should be obviously sometime in the next two weeks but probably sooner than later.
Cool.. Looking forward to being able to actually start it up and play around with the engine. I havent been able to play for almost year and a half. I doubt it will be a long-term solution for me especially without the updated rosters but still, I want to see the improvements.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Deriken (09-15-2015)
Old 09-19-2015, 04:46 AM   #540
sprague
All Star Starter

Thanked 495x in 302 posts
Why do i get the feeling that this patch is going to be released at 11PM on September 27 so that the "it was done before the release of FHM2" stays as correct, but in effect there is no time for any real testing of it to have happened, which I sort of thought was part of the purpose of releasing it in the first place.
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
RFroese (09-19-2015)