Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.4.40 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Coming soon: Collection Missions

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 20 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 04-02-2019, 02:40 PM   #1
scoop316
Bat Boy

Thanked 2x in 2 posts
Replaying Every Game of MLB Season

Is there a way to play every game of a season, not just the games assigned to one team. For example, I am trying to do a full season replay of a season and don't want to just have to pick one team. I want to control all 30 teams and "play" every game for the entire season. Is that even possible? As of now, I'm running into the problem of games being simulated while I played another game.
scoop316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 02:54 PM   #2
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 4,372x in 2,277 posts
Infractions: 0/1 (1)
I'm at work, so I can't give you pinpoint directions, but you need to look for the option that says "simulate world in background" or something close to that. It is set to "yes" by default. You want to switch this to "no" and you will be able to play every game. Look for the option when you select a game to play and it goes to the game preview screen.

As for controlling every team, I don't have an answer there as I've never tried that.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 02:55 PM   #3
scoop316
Bat Boy

Thanked 2x in 2 posts
Thank you. I will look that up.
scoop316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 04:49 PM   #4
Reed
All Star Reserve

Thanked 261x in 184 posts
Under league functions, in the middle a little more that half way down, there is a option to put yourself in control of all the teams. I have used that to draft but not to play out games but I think it will work.
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 09:57 PM   #5
webrian
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 116x in 74 posts
But WHYYYYYYY??????

I do admire the love for the game.

When my dad was alive, he taped every baseball game on TV during the season, saved them up, and watched them all winter long.

Even the meaningless ones.

Even the games in August and September between going-nowhere teams just playing out the string.

Something about it just comforted him.

But ... actually controlling every game and every team, every day of the season?

Whyyyyyyyyyy?????
webrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 01:28 AM   #6
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,394x in 798 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by webrian View Post
But WHYYYYYYY??????

I do admire the love for the game.

When my dad was alive, he taped every baseball game on TV during the season, saved them up, and watched them all winter long.

Even the meaningless ones.

Even the games in August and September between going-nowhere teams just playing out the string.

Something about it just comforted him.

But ... actually controlling every game and every team, every day of the season?

Whyyyyyyyyyy?????
A mere 2430 games

That would be quite an effort
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947

Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
webrian (04-19-2019)
Old 04-11-2019, 10:25 AM   #7
Eric
All Star Starter

Thanked 30x in 22 posts
Back in my APBA playing days I tried to play every game. I got to the point where I memorized almost all the results. 31? Fly ball to center except during a hit and run it’s a single up the middle with the runner going to third. Was down to 10 minutes a game. Even with only 26 teams, never got past May before I gave up.

Should be faster in OOTP. No need to keep a scorecard or fiddle with cards. Good luck with your endeavor.

Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 04:16 PM   #8
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,394x in 798 posts
I played "Pursue the Pennant" board game a long time ago ...

I replayed every single game and you could wake me up at 3 a.m. and ask me for a certain line-up and I would be able to tell you

I got stuck in late August and never recovered
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947

Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote