Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.5.47 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Collection Missions for Perfect Team Released!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

View Poll Results: What Should I Call My Indianapolis Franchise
Speed 7 10.45%
500's 23 34.33%
Mustangs 15 22.39%
Other - Write in 23 34.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2013, 09:53 AM   #61
rpriske
Hall Of Famer
 
rpriske's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada
Posts: 15,759
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 892
Thanked 1,094x in 620 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
I hate LA Dodgers, LA Lakers/Clippers, Utah Jazz type names. I am glad OKC changed their name. I am glad NO finally changed their name.

Oh wow. We disagree completely. Those are the BEST names. Names with history.


My favourite one is the Calgary Flames. When the team moved to Calgary they kept the name and now people think it means something it doesn't.
rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
The Wolf (11-21-2013)
Old 11-21-2013, 04:33 PM   #62
nutt
OOTP Roster Team
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,061
Thanks: 1,634
Thanked 394x in 235 posts
Arrows

Proposed relocation for a team in the 80s. I've seen someone on here have the Arrows uniform set.
nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 04:34 PM   #63
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer
 
The Wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: All alone
Posts: 12,612
Thanks: 1,790
Thanked 5,050x in 2,605 posts
Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutt View Post
Arrows

Proposed relocation for a team in the 80s. I've seen someone on here have the Arrows uniform set.
I couldn't agree more!
__________________
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 05:06 PM   #64
The Game
Hall Of Famer
 
The Game's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Inside The Game
Posts: 20,021
Thanks: 9,058
Thanked 3,067x in 2,448 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutt View Post
Arrows

Proposed relocation for a team in the 80s. I've seen someone on here have the Arrows uniform set.
I had them already and they have been posted in here. I am going with Arrows, it gives me 7 uniforms approx and I like Silvams Indianapolis uniforms which is what they will wear 2018-2020. They are only gonna be around thru 2040 anyway when MLB goes from 32 teams down to 20. Las Vegas and Montreal/San Jose/ San Antonio or OKC will be the expansion cities in 2021. I also plan on moving the Giants at some point & possibly DBacks at some point.
__________________
Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence


Congrats Harold Baines

"Stay Strong"
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 03:12 PM   #65
The Game
Hall Of Famer
 
The Game's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Inside The Game
Posts: 20,021
Thanks: 9,058
Thanked 3,067x in 2,448 posts
I have decided on the Arrows. After Tampa Bay had such a great season I can not relocate them so Indianapolis and the Las Vegas Aces will be expansion teams. I was going to wait til 2020 and Montreal would have been the other expansion team along with Las Vegas.
Now I have a problem with realignment.
Which league should Las Vegas go to? I am leaning American League since San Diego & Arizona are both NL and fairly close. I want to put Indianapolis in the AL. So which 2 teams should move to the NL. Pirates are not an option nor is any team that already has a NL team in their state.
MLB will have 2 divisions per subleague 4 playoff spots.
Attached Images
Image 
__________________
Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence


Congrats Harold Baines

"Stay Strong"
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:00 AM   #66
The Game
Hall Of Famer
 
The Game's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Inside The Game
Posts: 20,021
Thanks: 9,058
Thanked 3,067x in 2,448 posts
Could I get a road cap for Indianapolis matching these jerseys?
Attached Images
Image Image 
__________________
Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence


Congrats Harold Baines

"Stay Strong"
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:20 AM   #67
The Game
Hall Of Famer
 
The Game's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Inside The Game
Posts: 20,021
Thanks: 9,058
Thanked 3,067x in 2,448 posts
The newest member of the Arrows. ( he is a modified clone of Jim Thome)
Attached Images
Image 
__________________
Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence


Congrats Harold Baines

"Stay Strong"
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:06 PM   #68
fromtheline
Minors (Double A)
 
fromtheline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 153
Thanks: 93
Thanked 48x in 41 posts
..

Last edited by fromtheline; 12-02-2013 at 03:11 PM.
fromtheline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:41 PM   #69
fromtheline
Minors (Double A)
 
fromtheline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 153
Thanks: 93
Thanked 48x in 41 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Now I have a problem with realignment.
Which league should Las Vegas go to? I am leaning American League since San Diego & Arizona are both NL and fairly close. I want to put Indianapolis in the AL. So which 2 teams should move to the NL. Pirates are not an option nor is any team that already has a NL team in their state.
MLB will have 2 divisions per subleague 4 playoff spots.
My two cents..

Las Vegas should definitely be in the American League. Don't forget the Dodgers are pretty close to Las Vegas too. In the AL, they would only be close to the Angels. Secondly, the thin air in Vegas would probably lead to more offense, which traditionally suits the AL better.

Next, I know you only want two divisions in each subleague, but for the purpose of this discussion I will assume there are four divisions in each subleague. This is just because there are not much teams in Western and Central United States, and it would be nice to have the divisions respect geography.

As for the American League team to switch leagues (by the way only one is required), I would recommend Toronto Blue Jays. Sure, you would be uprooting decades of history and rivalry for the Jays, but they are not American. But the NL East/South is a good fit for them considering all the blockbuster trades they've had with those teams.

AL West: Mariners, Angels, A's, Vegas
AL South: Rays, Royals, Rangers, Arrows

AL North: Twins, White Sox, Tigers, Indians
AL East: Pirates, Red Sox, Orioles, Yankees

NL North: Rockies, Cardinals, Cubs, Brewers
NL West: Padres, Giants, Dodgers, D'backs

NL South: Astros, Marlins, Braves, Reds
NL East: Nationals, Blue Jays, Phillies, Mets

Last edited by fromtheline; 12-02-2013 at 03:43 PM.
fromtheline is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
The Game (12-02-2013)
Old 12-02-2013, 09:58 PM   #70
The Game
Hall Of Famer
 
The Game's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Inside The Game
Posts: 20,021
Thanks: 9,058
Thanked 3,067x in 2,448 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fromtheline View Post
My two cents..

Las Vegas should definitely be in the American League. Don't forget the Dodgers are pretty close to Las Vegas too. In the AL, they would only be close to the Angels. Secondly, the thin air in Vegas would probably lead to more offense, which traditionally suits the AL better.

Next, I know you only want two divisions in each subleague, but for the purpose of this discussion I will assume there are four divisions in each subleague. This is just because there are not much teams in Western and Central United States, and it would be nice to have the divisions respect geography.

As for the American League team to switch leagues (by the way only one is required), I would recommend Toronto Blue Jays. Sure, you would be uprooting decades of history and rivalry for the Jays, but they are not American. But the NL East/South is a good fit for them considering all the blockbuster trades they've had with those teams.

AL West: Mariners, Angels, A's, Vegas
AL South: Rays, Royals, Rangers, Arrows

AL North: Twins, White Sox, Tigers, Indians
AL East: Pirates, Red Sox, Orioles, Yankees

NL North: Rockies, Cardinals, Cubs, Brewers
NL West: Padres, Giants, Dodgers, D'backs

NL South: Astros, Marlins, Braves, Reds
NL East: Nationals, Blue Jays, Phillies, Mets
I would prefer to have Vegas in the AL also. I am going with 4 most likely, I will realign when I get to January.
__________________
Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence


Congrats Harold Baines

"Stay Strong"
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:17 AM   #71
The Game
Hall Of Famer
 
The Game's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Inside The Game
Posts: 20,021
Thanks: 9,058
Thanked 3,067x in 2,448 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fromtheline View Post
AL West: Mariners, Angels, A's, Vegas
AL South: Rays, Royals, Rangers, Arrows

AL North: Twins, White Sox, Tigers, Indians
AL East: Pirates, Red Sox, Orioles, Yankees

NL North: Rockies, Cardinals, Cubs, Brewers
NL West: Padres, Giants, Dodgers, D'backs

NL South: Astros, Marlins, Braves, Reds
NL East: Nationals, Blue Jays, Phillies, Mets
Went with your idea with a few changes.
Attached Images
Image 
__________________
Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence


Congrats Harold Baines

"Stay Strong"
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
fromtheline (12-03-2013)
Old 12-03-2013, 01:36 AM   #72
fromtheline
Minors (Double A)
 
fromtheline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 153
Thanks: 93
Thanked 48x in 41 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Went with your idea with a few changes.
Not sure if you're aware how geographically apart some of the teams in your divisions are.

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/ed...s.kKSnN3LU4y0c

The Rangers are pretty far away from the rest of the AL West teams.
Las Vegas is closer to the furthest away AL West team than the closest AL South team.
The Diamondbacks are quite far away from the other NL South teams.
fromtheline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:20 AM   #73
The Game
Hall Of Famer
 
The Game's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Inside The Game
Posts: 20,021
Thanks: 9,058
Thanked 3,067x in 2,448 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fromtheline View Post
Not sure if you're aware how geographically apart some of the teams in your divisions are.

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/ed...s.kKSnN3LU4y0c

The Rangers are pretty far away from the rest of the AL West teams.
Las Vegas is closer to the furthest away AL West team than the closest AL South team.
The Diamondbacks are quite far away from the other NL South teams.
Yes I am aware. I didn't see an alignment I liked.
__________________
Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence


Congrats Harold Baines

"Stay Strong"
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:06 AM   #74
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer
 
The Wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: All alone
Posts: 12,612
Thanks: 1,790
Thanked 5,050x in 2,605 posts
Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fromtheline View Post
Not sure if you're aware how geographically apart some of the teams in your divisions are.

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/ed...s.kKSnN3LU4y0c

The Rangers are pretty far away from the rest of the AL West teams.
Las Vegas is closer to the furthest away AL West team than the closest AL South team.
The Diamondbacks are quite far away from the other NL South teams.
The Braves and Reds used to be in the NL West, right?
__________________
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
The Game (12-03-2013)
Old 12-03-2013, 10:01 AM   #75
BoSoxFan
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 480
Thanks: 38
Thanked 59x in 41 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
I have decided on the Arrows. After Tampa Bay had such a great season I can not relocate them so Indianapolis and the Las Vegas Aces will be expansion teams. I was going to wait til 2020 and Montreal would have been the other expansion team along with Las Vegas.
Now I have a problem with realignment.
Which league should Las Vegas go to? I am leaning American League since San Diego & Arizona are both NL and fairly close. I want to put Indianapolis in the AL. So which 2 teams should move to the NL. Pirates are not an option nor is any team that already has a NL team in their state.
MLB will have 2 divisions per subleague 4 playoff spots.
The AL East doesn't have a team above .500. The Astros are in first place. Your game is flawed.
__________________
1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 1929 1939 1941 1957 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1968 1969 1970 1972 1974 1976 1981 1984 1986 2001 2003 2004 2004 2007 2008 2011 2013 2014
Go Sox, let's keep this going!
BoSoxFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:06 PM   #76
The Game
Hall Of Famer
 
The Game's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Inside The Game
Posts: 20,021
Thanks: 9,058
Thanked 3,067x in 2,448 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSoxFan View Post
The AL East doesn't have a team above .500. The Astros are in first place. Your game is flawed.

i dont know what the problem was with Boston & New York Yankees last year both teams are stacked. Yankees lost their best hitter Ron E Phillips " Uncle Phil" last year, clone of Bobby Bonds. He missed most of teh season due to injury + 3 SP were injured. Jimmy Doickery clone of Mussina, AC Moore clone of Don Newcombe and 1 more.
Red Sox lost Jackie Bradley and one more.
Astros are stacked. Rush Booroojian triple crown award winner and clone of Rogers Hornsby. Chris Sale and Isaac Goodwin who won the pitching triple crown.
Attached Images
Image Image 
__________________
Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence


Congrats Harold Baines

"Stay Strong"
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 04:54 PM   #77
GunnyB
Minors (Triple A)
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Southeast US
Posts: 207
Thanks: 40
Thanked 96x in 76 posts
Was struggling for a team name for an expansion team in Indy.
This thread helped a lot
__________________
If pain is the sign of weakness leaving the body...then, I must be weak.
GunnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
The Game (09-20-2017)
Old 09-20-2017, 01:05 AM   #78
The Game
Hall Of Famer
 
The Game's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Inside The Game
Posts: 20,021
Thanks: 9,058
Thanked 3,067x in 2,448 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyB View Post
Was struggling for a team name for an expansion team in Indy.
This thread helped a lot
Currently i call them the Racers. Do you want these jerseys?
Attached Images
Image 
__________________
Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence


Congrats Harold Baines

"Stay Strong"
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 06:03 AM   #79
GunnyB
Minors (Triple A)
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Southeast US
Posts: 207
Thanks: 40
Thanked 96x in 76 posts
Yes plz
__________________
If pain is the sign of weakness leaving the body...then, I must be weak.
GunnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 05:36 PM   #80
GunnyB
Minors (Triple A)
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Southeast US
Posts: 207
Thanks: 40
Thanked 96x in 76 posts
Also, I've looked all day for Silvams Indianapolis Iconics unis
If someone could help me out I'd appreciate
__________________
If pain is the sign of weakness leaving the body...then, I must be weak.
GunnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:22 PM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Out of the Park Developments