Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.4.40 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Coming soon: Collection Missions

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2018, 10:59 PM   #1
maikgianino
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 124
Thanks: 23
Thanked 7x in 7 posts
Mad | Off 47 vs Def 71 - Lost 7 - 1

I know, these things happens. I know!
But when you WON all matches in the regular season against the same team you expect to win in Playoffs too.

But we got eliminated losing 7 - 1 and 5 - 2 against a team that is not even able to reach Off 50 against my team. So, based on all that crap of "roles" and "player roles" and "coach advantage" blah bla bha, they are not very good offensively but they scored 12 times in 2 matches against the best team of the regular season.

PLUS, all the obvious injuries every single season in February and March. Always at least a couple of key players get hit by a truck in March and they miss the whole playoffs.

Man, I'm tired of this. 4 exact seasons happening the same thing, having key players injured losing stupid games in playoffs.

My team has been the best the whole season, we won all matches against the 8th but we lost 2 matches against them in the playoffs like we were the 8th in the table not them.

I'm momentarily done with this game though, sad
maikgianino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 11:06 AM   #2
redtiger7
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 319
Thanks: 4
Thanked 60x in 50 posts
That's why I enable commisioner mode and edit injuries. Too many injuries at too many crucial times. Injuries are fine, but this game can be really insane about it.
redtiger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 03:13 PM   #3
maikgianino
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 124
Thanks: 23
Thanked 7x in 7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtiger7 View Post
That's why I enable commisioner mode and edit injuries. Too many injuries at too many crucial times. Injuries are fine, but this game can be really insane about it.
Could you please teach me to do that?
maikgianino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 11:11 AM   #4
redtiger7
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 319
Thanks: 4
Thanked 60x in 50 posts
Up top click on monager, then under basics click on manager options. There'll be a check box for comisioner mode. check it.
To fix injuries, go to the player's profile and click edit. Under status, set the injury length to 0. Hit save.
redtiger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 04:05 PM   #5
George_Bell
All Star Starter
 
George_Bell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,988
Thanks: 739
Thanked 1,041x in 646 posts
If everything happened the way conventional wisdom would suggest they happen in sports, then what the hell is the point...

Would anyone watch if upsets werent possible? Do teams who choke in playoffs not exist? To teams who rise up in critical situations exist?

The Red Wings were not a good playoff team, who always choked in the playoffs....until they didn't.

The 80's Blue Jays had a rep of never being able to win the big one. Great regular season team. No series....Until they won.....

I understand venting, i understand hating to lose, but lets be real. If upsets didn't happen, there are no sports, and no sports games....
George_Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
Pax25 (08-29-2018), vtmx (08-30-2018)
Old 08-26-2018, 02:35 AM   #6
maikgianino
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 124
Thanks: 23
Thanked 7x in 7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by George_Bell View Post
If everything happened the way conventional wisdom would suggest they happen in sports, then what the hell is the point...

Would anyone watch if upsets werent possible? Do teams who choke in playoffs not exist? To teams who rise up in critical situations exist?

The Red Wings were not a good playoff team, who always choked in the playoffs....until they didn't.

The 80's Blue Jays had a rep of never being able to win the big one. Great regular season team. No series....Until they won.....

I understand venting, i understand hating to lose, but lets be real. If upsets didn't happen, there are no sports, and no sports games....
I agree with you buddy, but systematic long term injuries before the playoffs in a video game sounds fishy to me. It's like I can't freaking win because the game doesn't want to let me do it.

I'm playing this game again because started to miss it though, but still think the injuries need to be fixed and the player roles should be removed from the game though.
maikgianino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 02:37 AM   #7
maikgianino
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 124
Thanks: 23
Thanked 7x in 7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtiger7 View Post
Up top click on monager, then under basics click on manager options. There'll be a check box for comisioner mode. check it.
To fix injuries, go to the player's profile and click edit. Under status, set the injury length to 0. Hit save.
Thank you very much, I will try that but with all teams. Otherwise would be unfair for the rest of the teams and for myself as well.

One more question, any idea how to fix the trade deadline? I made a custom league and the trade dealine is when the playoffs start and I need to change that in case teams make trades during the playoffs haha.
maikgianino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 11:10 AM   #8
redtiger7
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 319
Thanks: 4
Thanked 60x in 50 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by George_Bell View Post
If everything happened the way conventional wisdom would suggest they happen in sports, then what the hell is the point...

Would anyone watch if upsets werent possible? Do teams who choke in playoffs not exist? To teams who rise up in critical situations exist?

The Red Wings were not a good playoff team, who always choked in the playoffs....until they didn't.

The 80's Blue Jays had a rep of never being able to win the big one. Great regular season team. No series....Until they won.....

I understand venting, i understand hating to lose, but lets be real. If upsets didn't happen, there are no sports, and no sports games....
Yes, but in a video game you'd hope you lost because your strategy has to improve, not because the AI arbitraily decides you should choke.
redtiger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 03:48 PM   #9
maikgianino
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 124
Thanks: 23
Thanked 7x in 7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtiger7 View Post
Yes, but in a video game you'd hope you lost because your strategy has to improve, not because the AI arbitraily decides you should choke.
Exactly, there are many parameters in this game that we must control and improve like Player Roles for example, but they look like they don't work as expected in many times, and they sometimes seem even random RNG, that's how you lose games 7-1 as I stated weeks ago against a team that never won against my team before
maikgianino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 01:03 PM   #10
joe-max
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Erlangen, Germany
Posts: 20
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
I can't say for sure, but I would expect that several factors affect injury risk, certain roles, an aggressive style of play, the workload/minutes per game etc.



If you overplay key players and play them in physical roles in an according system injuries will keep happening. Maybe you are too reckless with your human resources and sacrifice health for short term success. Happens in real life too...
joe-max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 09:43 PM   #11
maikgianino
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 124
Thanks: 23
Thanked 7x in 7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe-max View Post
I can't say for sure, but I would expect that several factors affect injury risk, certain roles, an aggressive style of play, the workload/minutes per game etc.



If you overplay key players and play them in physical roles in an according system injuries will keep happening. Maybe you are too reckless with your human resources and sacrifice health for short term success. Happens in real life too...
Yes, I take in account that as well but always a key player is injured in March or February before the playoffs.
maikgianino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 11:13 AM   #12
George_Bell
All Star Starter
 
George_Bell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,988
Thanks: 739
Thanked 1,041x in 646 posts
If the opposite happened, if the human upset the computer, there would be no complaining.

Injuries happen all the time in hockey. To suggest there is some type of systematic injury issue that only effects humans is far fetched in my opinion.

Injuries make players more injury prone in this game, so they keep getting hurt. Not all the time, but noticeably.

I think there alot of issues with the game. Alot of details that aren't that taken care of. Alot of UI issues. It's not a very polished game lets say, but this, in my opinion isn't an issue. Good teams lose to bad teams. It happens all the time....
George_Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 10:54 PM   #13
maikgianino
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 124
Thanks: 23
Thanked 7x in 7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by George_Bell View Post
If the opposite happened, if the human upset the computer, there would be no complaining.

Injuries happen all the time in hockey. To suggest there is some type of systematic injury issue that only effects humans is far fetched in my opinion.

Injuries make players more injury prone in this game, so they keep getting hurt. Not all the time, but noticeably.

I think there alot of issues with the game. Alot of details that aren't that taken care of. Alot of UI issues. It's not a very polished game lets say, but this, in my opinion isn't an issue. Good teams lose to bad teams. It happens all the time....
If I said is systematic is because I made sure before
I also play custom leagues so none of the players have earlier database. The first game a player brokens his leg though, can happen? Of course, but that doesn't remove the "systematic" statement.
maikgianino is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:47 PM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Out of the Park Developments