Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.5.47 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Collection Missions for Perfect Team Released!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2019, 12:56 PM   #1
Sipimi
Minors (Single A)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 54
Thanks: 32
Thanked 14x in 13 posts
Trying to understand RP stamina

Hey guys,

I understand that there is some sort of formula for most ratings that is based on projection and stats, but I'm struggling to understand how the RP stamina rating is calculated because I see discrepancies between the rating of various pitchers and their stats. Let me give you an example:

1966 Aker: 17 STA with 113 IP in 66 G
2008 Rodriguez: 17 STA with 68.1 in 76 G

1966 Wilhelm: 16 STA with 81.1 IP in 46 G
2008 Jenks: 16 STA with 61.2 IP in 57 G

How does the formula come up with the same rating considering the '66 guys pitched more innings per game than the '08 RPs ?

Thanks!
Sipimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Germaniac (05-16-2019)
Old 05-16-2019, 01:06 PM   #2
Orcin
Hall Of Famer
 
Orcin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 8,548
Thanks: 3,612
Thanked 7,257x in 3,585 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sipimi View Post
Hey guys,

I understand that there is some sort of formula for most ratings that is based on projection and stats, but I'm struggling to understand how the RP stamina rating is calculated because I see discrepancies between the rating of various pitchers and their stats. Let me give you an example:

1966 Aker: 17 STA with 113 IP in 66 G
2008 Rodriguez: 17 STA with 68.1 in 76 G

1966 Wilhelm: 16 STA with 81.1 IP in 46 G
2008 Jenks: 16 STA with 61.2 IP in 57 G

How does the formula come up with the same rating considering the '66 guys pitched more innings per game than the '08 RPs ?

Thanks!
It is relative, so you must see Aker's innings per appearance compared to the relievers in his league and compare that ratio to Rodriguez in 2008.
__________________


My Fictional Dynasty: Orcin's Story ; The Sequel: Orcin Returns ; The Conclusion: Orcin's Brave New World
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 01:11 PM   #3
Sipimi
Minors (Single A)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 54
Thanks: 32
Thanked 14x in 13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
It is relative, so you must see Aker's innings per appearance compared to the relievers in his league and compare that ratio to Rodriguez in 2008.
Thanks! In that case it should be the same for starters, no ?
Sipimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 02:42 PM   #4
Orcin
Hall Of Famer
 
Orcin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 8,548
Thanks: 3,612
Thanked 7,257x in 3,585 posts
Yes, it is.
__________________


My Fictional Dynasty: Orcin's Story ; The Sequel: Orcin Returns ; The Conclusion: Orcin's Brave New World
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 02:51 PM   #5
atabakin
All Star Reserve
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 636
Thanks: 246
Thanked 464x in 283 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Yes, it is.
I mean, it's supposed to be, but is it in practice? Historical starters have almost uniformly high stamina of 90+, while live starters are in the 60s and 70s. If stamina were relative to era for starters, wouldn't there be historical starters with lesser stamina?
__________________
Main Team


FTP ("Our League")


FTP Packs Only
atabakin is offline   Reply With Quote
4 thanks for this post:
diamond3017 (05-20-2019), Dogberry99 (05-16-2019), Germaniac (05-16-2019), Sipimi (05-16-2019)
Old 05-16-2019, 03:07 PM   #6
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer
 
Germaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Frankenthal, Germany
Posts: 2,279
Thanks: 5,041
Thanked 1,408x in 806 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
It is relative, so you must see Aker's innings per appearance compared to the relievers in his league and compare that ratio to Rodriguez in 2008.
It should not be like that. If a guy is able to go 2 or 3 innings his stamina should be higher than for someone who regularly goes 1 inning per appearance or less ... it should make no difference if the guy pitched in 1920 or 2018, the innings pitched per appearance should determine the stamina
__________________
I'm going to have to meet my Maker some day.
And if He asks me why I didn't let this boy play,
and I say it's because he's black,
that might not be a satisfactory answer.


Happy Chandler, 1947


Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 03:11 PM   #7
Sipimi
Minors (Single A)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 54
Thanks: 32
Thanked 14x in 13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germaniac View Post
It should not be like that. If a guy is able to go 2 or 3 innings his stamina should be higher than for someone who regularly goes 1 inning per appearance or less ... it should make no difference if the guy pitched in 1920 or 2018, the innings pitched per appearance should determine the stamina
I agree, you should be able to compare ratings between all players of all eras. A baseball game has been 9 innings for a long time, so if you're able to consistently pitch 2 or 3 innings per game in relief, then your stamina should be higher than the guy who has pitched 1 inning maximum his whole career.
Sipimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 03:39 PM   #8
Dogberry99
All Star Reserve
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Wichita Falls, TX
Posts: 707
Thanks: 483
Thanked 327x in 234 posts
Error ratings for historical players were treated like pitching stamina in that it was not corrected for the era. They have moved away from this model for that rating in 20.
__________________
"And, Masters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an [censored]." (Much Ado About Nothing 5.1.255-256)
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 03:56 PM   #9
Sipimi
Minors (Single A)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 54
Thanks: 32
Thanked 14x in 13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
Error ratings for historical players were treated like pitching stamina in that it was not corrected for the era. They have moved away from this model for that rating in 20.
Well I think there's a greater difference between fielding the ball without a glove or with poor field conditions and throwing the ball 90 feet to the plate.

I know RP usage has changed over the years but to be coherent with the SP ratings, if you throw less innings, Cy Young vs Sixto Sanchez style, then there should be a difference...no ?

Last edited by Sipimi; 05-16-2019 at 04:06 PM.
Sipimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 05:34 PM   #10
Izz
Hall Of Famer
 
Izz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,048
Thanks: 1,518
Thanked 891x in 701 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sipimi View Post
Well I think there's a greater difference between fielding the ball without a glove or with poor field conditions and throwing the ball 90 feet to the plate.

I know RP usage has changed over the years but to be coherent with the SP ratings, if you throw less innings, Cy Young vs Sixto Sanchez style, then there should be a difference...no ?
SP usage has changed over the years too, not so?
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 06:29 PM   #11
Sipimi
Minors (Single A)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 54
Thanks: 32
Thanked 14x in 13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izz View Post
SP usage has changed over the years too, not so?
Sure, and the ratings seem to account for that (ref. Cy Young vs Sixto Sanchez stamina). But the RPs seem to be very similar stamina-wise even though they used to pitch 2-3 innings and are now more in the 1 inning range.
Sipimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:18 PM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Out of the Park Developments