Home | Webstore
Latest News: Update OOTP 19.7 is online - OOTP 19 Available! - MLB Manager 2018 Available Now - FHM 4 Available

MLB All-Star Game Special - Save 50% on OOTP and 60% on MLB Manager!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2018, 09:28 PM   #1
Beef burrito
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 32
Thanks: 21
Thanked 4x in 3 posts
Historical settings question

For "Historical Player Ratings" under "Ratings recalculation base" I have it set for 3 years.

What 3 years are used? Like is it current year plus next 2 years? Or is it just a random selection of 3 years from the players career?
Beef burrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 09:38 PM   #2
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer
 
actionjackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 4,657
Thanks: 6,872
Thanked 2,794x in 1,704 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef burrito View Post
For "Historical Player Ratings" under "Ratings recalculation base" I have it set for 3 years.

What 3 years are used? Like is it current year plus next 2 years? Or is it just a random selection of 3 years from the players career?
Let's say your player is in 1985. The three years that would be used are 1984, 1985, and 1986, and they would be weighted equally at 1/3, 1/3, 1/3 unless you use double weighted for the current year. Under that setting 1984 would be weighted at 25%, 1985 at 50%, and 1986 at 25%.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Beef burrito (02-15-2018)
Old 02-15-2018, 10:31 PM   #3
Beef burrito
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 32
Thanks: 21
Thanked 4x in 3 posts
I'm using double-weighted, so does that mean 25% chance stats from 1984 are used 50% chance for 1985 and 25% for 1986?

Or does it average in all 3 years with 1984 counting for 50% and the other 2 years 25% each?
Beef burrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 10:33 PM   #4
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar
 
Spritze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Redmond Wa and Cape Coast Ghana
Posts: 6,589
Thanks: 175
Thanked 2,874x in 1,677 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef burrito View Post
does it average in all 3 years with 1984 counting for 50% and the other 2 years 25% each?
this is what it do.
__________________
It's madness, madness, I tell you! For the love of God, don't do it!
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Beef burrito (02-15-2018)
Old 02-15-2018, 10:38 PM   #5
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer
 
actionjackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 4,657
Thanks: 6,872
Thanked 2,794x in 1,704 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef burrito View Post
I'm using double-weighted, so does that mean 25% chance stats from 1984 are used 50% chance for 1985 and 25% for 1986?

Or does it average in all 3 years with 1984 counting for 50% and the other 2 years 25% each?
Your first example applies if your player's current year is 1985. The second example would make 1984 the player's current year, and in that case 1983 would be worth 25%, 1984 would be worth 50%, and 1985 would be worth 25%.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Beef burrito (02-15-2018)
Old 02-16-2018, 03:27 AM   #6
The Game
Hall Of Famer
 
The Game's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Inside The Game
Posts: 18,728
Thanks: 8,265
Thanked 2,928x in 2,346 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef burrito View Post
For "Historical Player Ratings" under "Ratings recalculation base" I have it set for 3 years.

What 3 years are used? Like is it current year plus next 2 years? Or is it just a random selection of 3 years from the players career?
Personally for Historical I hate 3 yrs recalc. I prefer 1 yr. It means that Babe Ruth will stay as a SP for a season or 2 more. It means the chance of Smoltz staying as a SP will be slimmer then when he becomes a CL he stays as a CL for 1-2 seasons longer then IRL. I'm stick in 1879 in my recent historical league so maybe things have changed since OOTP 16 in that regard, which is the last time i got to modern times.
__________________
Hey now, you're an all-star, get your game on, go play
Hey now, you're a rock star, get the show on, get paid
And all that glitters is gold
Only shooting stars break the mold



DORKS. Damned Old Recalcitrants Killing Sports.- Airdrop
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 02:35 PM   #7
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer
 
actionjackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 4,657
Thanks: 6,872
Thanked 2,794x in 1,704 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Personally for Historical I hate 3 yrs recalc. I prefer 1 yr. It means that Babe Ruth will stay as a SP for a season or 2 more. It means the chance of Smoltz staying as a SP will be slimmer then when he becomes a CL he stays as a CL for 1-2 seasons longer then IRL. I'm stick in 1879 in my recent historical league so maybe things have changed since OOTP 16 in that regard, which is the last time i got to modern times.
...And I may go to 5-year recalc double weighted to help out the guys with huge gaps in their careers due to military service time or injuries or other such things. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 08:15 PM   #8
Beef burrito
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 32
Thanks: 21
Thanked 4x in 3 posts
Does "1 year" use stats player had for current year the game is in, or does it take 1 random year from the players career?
Beef burrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 08:53 PM   #9
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar
 
Spritze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Redmond Wa and Cape Coast Ghana
Posts: 6,589
Thanks: 175
Thanked 2,874x in 1,677 posts
Current
__________________
It's madness, madness, I tell you! For the love of God, don't do it!
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Beef burrito (02-16-2018)
Old 02-17-2018, 12:30 AM   #10
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer
 
actionjackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 4,657
Thanks: 6,872
Thanked 2,794x in 1,704 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef burrito View Post
Does "1 year" use stats player had for current year the game is in, or does it take 1 random year from the players career?
Recalc always revolves around the current year in some fashion. With 1-year, it is the sole focus. With 3-year and 5-year it's the middle year in the equation, and if it's double weighted it's the highest weighted.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Beef burrito (02-17-2018)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:04 PM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2015 Out of the Park Developments