Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 18.8.76 Update Available - OOTP 18 Available - FHM 4 Available - MLB Manager 2017 Available Now

World Series Special: OOTP Baseball 18 Now 66% Off!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 08-05-2017, 12:02 PM   #41
jaa36
All Star Starter

Thanked 496x in 228 posts
July 1, 2003

June was an abject catastrophe- we went 6-21 and are now 33-49, last in the TBL West. What happened? Well... the main issue remains pitching. Even with a raft of former first-round picks, no one is performing. Gus Garza is 2-10 with a 5.99 ERA. Alexander Schuh is 5-10, 5.49. Aaron Maewether had a 10.93 ERA and blew four saves in June. Even Matthew Kerrigan floundered, hitting .215 with only two home runs.

Anyway, this has resulted in the masses rising up against me. Kerrigan (and Eric Boyle) demanded a trade. Even my endlessly patient owner John O'Rourke Jr. is upset with me- in part because I haven't done any of things he's asked me to do- upgrade second base, increase attendance, turn a profit. My time with the Titans may be running short.

I ended up retaining Isak Drejer and trading reliever Jared "Gigolo" Mears (5.33 ERA) to Wonderwood for infielder Bard Villumsen. The 23-year-old Sorenheimer should provide solid infield defense. I also placed an offer to international free agent Yancey McIlmoyle, a Northlands native who will likely end up a second baseman.

Meanwhile, in the non-crappy part of the league, the Stephens Rattlers (57-25) have opened up a nice lead in the TBL West, while Adamond (50-32) is in front in the East.
jaa36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 08:18 AM   #42
jaa36
All Star Starter

August 1, 2003

Eesh, another bad month and we are now 44-64 on the season. Both our bullpen and our starting rotation remaining the worst in the league, not to mention our defensive efficiency. Really the only pitcher you could say has even been half decent has been Tane Kunane, and he's 4-7. On the plus side, we are now nearly injury free, with only Kerry Hammond on the shelf after injuring his elbow. Oddly we had three outfielders selected to the all-star team- Hammond was voted in even though he's only played sixteen games, and Matthew Kerrigan and Terrell Samuda were selected as reserves.

I released Dermott Medforth after he made one rehab start in which he pitched two innings and allowed eight runs, with six walks against two strikeouts. Medforth had basically three decent seasons for the Titans, but managed only 2 1/3 minor league innings in the last two seasons and at 31, his career appears over.

Reinaart Nagelkerke of Uniontown hit his 500th home run... Nagelkerke is 34 and will need a few things to break right to get to the record of 684.
Old 08-07-2017, 10:57 AM   #43
jaa36
All Star Starter

September 1, 2003

Hey, a .500 month! That leaves us at 58-78 overall- the worst team in the TBL West by six games. Matthew Kerrigan has pretty much mailed it in since May and is now hitting .271 with 12 home runs. Kerry Hammond has been playing great (.350 average) but has only gotten himself into 36 games. Calum Mackay (.364 OBP) has been a nice bright spot at second base.

Freeton offered us first baseman Nick Myers at the deadline- for reliever Matt Rebollar, and former first-round pick Chris Roberts. Myers is a 25-year-old left-handed hitter, fairly well rounded, and can actually play first base. Roberts, 21, was not likely to turn into a star, more of a fourth outfielder. I also called up 24-year-old reliever Josh Ralston, who's struck out an incredible 214 batters in 142 2/3 relief innings this season!! He was immediately installed as the new closer.
Old 08-07-2017, 11:41 AM   #44
Bub13
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 75x in 49 posts
Wow. And it all started with such high expectations. Nowhere to go but up, right?

Good stuff; keep it up. Wanted to let you know someone was reading!
Bub13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 09:52 AM   #45
jaa36
All Star Starter

September 29, 2003

We ended a miserable season on a relatively high note, winning the last five games of the year to finish 73-89 overall. Kerry Hammond really played well in limited time, gathering 2.9 WAR in just a third of a season. Ron Closer had a very good rookie season, posting a .373 OBP and 22 home runs. Chris Arguello continued to develop into a very good all-around third baseman. Isiah Ibeh remained a solid presence in the rotation, if not a true ace.

On the not-so-good side, you've got Justin Ard, who had his second straight wretched season at the plate. Gus Garza, Alexander Schuh and Isak Drejer all struggled to keep runs off the board. Aaron Maewether was unreliable as the closer.

My contract will be up after this year, and given this performance, it would be foolish for me to expect an extension...

The Adamond Bruins and the Stephens Rattlers both won 100+ games and will face off in the Terra Championship Series.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 08-08-2017, 10:44 AM   #46
jaa36
All Star Starter

October 22, 2003

Adamond won its third championship in five years, besting Stephens in six games to turn the tables on the team that had defeated them the year before. Chris "Enforcer" Milner led the way by winning the triple crown for the sixth time in league history, hitting .333 with 48 home runs and 141 RBI. Milner now has two Player of the Year awards and 185 home runs under this belt at the age of 25. The Rattlers' Bobby Polasik won Pitcher of the Year, going 22-9 with a 2.44 ERA. Our own Ron Closser won the Rookie of the Year award!

John O'Rourke Jr. had mercy upon me at gave me one more year for a cool $850K. Probably my threats to submit incriminating pictures of him to the media had something to do with hit.

Bench coach Rich Thomson retired, and our trainer's contract expired, so we hired replacements in Justin Frazier and Troy Dmochowski. Frazier had served as the pitching coach in Crestmont from 1996-2001, during which time the Bobcats made the playoffs in three seasons.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 08-08-2017, 11:24 PM   #47
jaa36
All Star Starter

2003-4 offseason

Well a pretty good offseason for the Titans, all things considered. We started things off by sending first baseman George Glaser to the Patrick Legends for infielder Matt Clarington. Glaser had a solid season with the Titans in 2002, hitting .286 with 28 home runs, but was no better than a third-string player in the current edition. Clarington projects as a utility infielder.

Our biggest free agent signing was shortstop Sean Bartell, who will play for $4.5M for two years with a third-year team option. Bartell, 30, is a former Great Glove award winner at shortstop, and while he had only a .258 OBP last year, I expect slightly better things from him offensively moving forward. We also signed backup catcher Earl Bodnar ($1.6M with a club option for 2005) and 26-year-old pitcher Manny Carrasco, who performed well as a starter in the GPL last year but fits in on our club as a reliever.

The World team lost to Terra 6 games to 1 in the Spira Cup. Tane Kunane was bizarrely awarded the Pitcher of the Year in the tournament for throwing 3 2/3 scoreless relief innings in one game.

In other news, Adamond's manager Aryasura Madan, who won three of the past five Championship Series with the Bruins, retired abruptly. Former Titan pitchers T.J. Shankman and Ben Moore both cashed in on two-year deals as free agents- Shankman, now 38, has pitched well since leaving the Titans; we'll see how long his knuckleball dances.
Old 08-09-2017, 12:14 AM   #48
jaa36
All Star Starter

April 1, 2004

Our only casualty of spring training was staff ace Isiah Ibeh, who will miss the first month of the season with a strained hamstring. Even after the trade of George Glaser, we now have a glut of first base/poor defense types, including Justin Ard (relegated to the bench), Jonatan Moss (Iron Hills for now), Ron Closser (DH), and Nick Myers (first base). Kerry Hammond, Matthew Kerrigan and Terrell Samuda are healthy to man the outfield. Tane Kunane (and his 99-MPH fastball) may be ready to take over as the staff ace, and strikeout artist Josh Ralston takes over at closer. The kids are growing up.

And with all these pieces, the BNN projects us to win the TBL West with 95 wins and lead the conference in runs scored! Well, we'll see. Owner John O'Rourke Jr. expects us to play .500 ball.

With so many of our prospects graduating to the bigs, our system is now rated only #3 overall. Our top prospects include:

#3 Sean Heideman- now 23, the former #1 overall pick will start the year as one of the two lefties in our bullpen.

#10 Jessie Puls- our second-round pick in 2001 was an insane 20-3 with a 1.98 ERA at Class III Trout Lake last year. He'll start at Class V Iron Hills this year and stands a good chance of joining the Titans at some point this season.

#22 Josh Vitalis- the former 7th-round pick will start at Iron Hills, but doesn't figure to ever make our rotation.

#23 Dylan Schmitz- a 26-year-old reliever at Iron Hills.
Attached Images
Old 08-09-2017, 10:10 AM   #49
jaa36
All Star Starter

May 1, 2004

Well, Matthew Kerrigan and the previously disgruntled veterans have forgotten all about 2003... we are 17-10, just a game out of first place. New acquisition Nick Myers was the Player of the Month, hitting .357 with a league-leading 12 home runs- where did that come from?!? Kerrigan's also playing well, with a .324 average and five homers. Our rotation continues to underperform, but the bullpen has been impressive so far, with a 1.71 ERA, led by Josh Ralston and his seven saves.

Calum Mackay unfortunately was lost for the season with a broken kneecap... fortunately, we have a ready replacement in Brian McCann. No, not that Brian McCann... this version tore up Class V Iron Hills last year to the tune of a .340 average and 51 doubles, so he should be fine. He's hit .347 in the early going for us. Isiah Ibeh returns from injury soon as well.
Old 08-10-2017, 12:33 AM   #50
jaa36
All Star Starter

June 1, 2004

We end May at 30-25- which unfortunately is 10 games behind Terra City, and also behind three other clubs. While the Capitals can't quite match the Titans in terms off long-term futility, they haven't made the playoffs since 1967, so it wouldn't break my heart to see them make it this year. Matthew Kerrigan continues to play very well, with 3 WAR already. We lead the league in batting average and on-base percentage but the pitching is a mess yet again.

Our first four picks in the draft were all outfielders- we took high schooler Jimmy Takacs in the first round. Takacs looks pretty good all around, and should hold up OK in left field.
Old 08-10-2017, 08:02 AM   #51
jaa36
All Star Starter

July 1, 2004

A good month (16-11) leaves us at 46-36 overall, just six games out in the TBL West. Matthew Kerrigan has put together an excellent all-around season (.337/10/38) but unfortunately will miss most of the next month with a thumb injury. But no problem, rookie Jonatan Moss came up from Iron Hills and won the Rookie of the Month by hitting .375 with seven home runs. Kerry Hammond has played well (.314 average, 2.6 WAR) but managed to get into a fight and was suspended for eight games. Tane Kunane has been pitching pretty well in the rotation, 9-5 with a 3.69 ERA and improved control (22 walks in 119 2/3 innings).

I'm not excited about any international prospects this year so I think I'll sit that market out. This might be a year that we buy at the deadline instead of sell... Terra City looks vulnerable at the top of the conference, but perpetual contenders Stephens and Crestmont sit between us and first place.
Old 08-10-2017, 08:29 AM   #52
jaa36
All Star Starter

August 1, 2004

We had another great month (17-9) and are now 63-45 overall, good for third place and four games behind the Capitals. Being in the race, I traded reliever Dylan Schmitz to the Patrick Legends for outfielder John Cannon, a 37-year-old former Player of the Year. Cannon makes $20M a year with a vesting option for that amount next year that he won't reach, so he's effectively a rental, and as it turns out hasn't been playing much since joining the team because of our glut of outfielders. But he was available and I figured why not! Cannon, who remains a pretty good defensive outfielder despite his age, has an outside shot at 500 career home runs.

We've suffered some injuries on the pitching side of things, with Tane Kunane sidelined with elbow tendinitis, and Austin "Entertainer" Schuh missing the rest of the year for Tommy John surgery. This will end Schuh's Titans career- he was a decent (if not great) pitcher for us the last three years.

Our lineup has been really good from top to bottom this year. Chris Arguello continues to slowly improve, Sean Bartell was a nice addition at shortstop, and Brian McCann has filled in well at second base. Nick Myers has proven to be a dangerous hitter (.290, 30 home runs) and Jonatan Moss continues to rake (.336, 14 home runs).

Cannon unexpectedly was chosen to be an all-star (lifetime achievement award?), as were Matt Kerrigan and Myers. One interesting selection was Sungate shortstop Chris Barger, a somewhat malignant personality who's sat out the 2000 and 2003 seasons when he was not offered a contract, but at 38 still has good pop when he does play.
Attached Images
Old 08-11-2017, 12:05 AM   #53
jaa36
All Star Starter

September 1, 2004

We slipped to 13-15 in August and we sit at 76-60 heading into the last month of the season. We're seven games back of Terra City, third place in the TBL West. While I'd love to make a run in the final month, our odds are pretty slim. We've had a number of role players make big contributions this season- Brian McCann came up from Iron Hills to fill in for Calum Mackay and has hit .302, Sean Bartell has turned in the best offensive season of his career, Terrell Samuda has lived up to his first-round promise. While we've suffered a number of injuries (including to pitchers Greg Reck, Sam Cooke, and Austin Schuh), it's a deep enough team that we can sustain a few losses here and there.

I've mentioned that the West-leading Capitals do not exactly have a storied history; the Silverley Mustangs are currently tied for the lead in the East and they have lost 300 games over the last three seasons. They're led by ace Vebjorn Kusk, a 24-year-old right-hander who put it all together this year to the tune of 14-5 record and 2.31 ERA. Also in the rotation is 37-year-old Dave Chapman, who's fourth all-time in the TBL with 234 wins.
Old 08-11-2017, 11:21 PM   #54
jaa36
All Star Starter

September 29, 2004

We finished the year a solid 88-74, third place in the TBL West. Obviously this was a big step forward from last year. Matthew Kerrigan put together a very successful season, a .312 average with 6.5 WAR. Nick Myers was a welcome addition at first base, with 36 homers and 103 RBI. Jonatan Moss hit a remarkable 29 home runs in just 324 at-bats. I've already mentioned the impressive contributions of infielders Brian McCann, Chris Arguello, and Sean Bartell. On the pitching side, Tane Kunane emerged our new ace with a 14-8 record and 3.44 ERA; I'd like to lock him up for the long term. Josh Ralston (36 saves) looks to hang around as our closer for a while. Sean "Horse" Heidemann was very good in the bullpen and I anticipate he'll join the rotation full-time next year.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 08-11-2017, 11:45 PM   #55
jaa36
All Star Starter

October 24, 2004

Silverley knocked off Terra City in six games in the TBL Championship Series, going from worst to first in the TBL East. The Mustangs' Vebjorn Kusk went 17-7 with a 2.28 ERA to win the Pitcher of the Year award. Merrick Jalland, who pitched for us in 2001, also had a good year for them. Adamond right fielder Kevin Land was somewhat surprising choice for Player of the Year; he led the league with 42 home runs and 114 RBI, but had only 5.0 WAR. Matthew Kerrigan won the Great Glove award in center field, and Jonatan Moss was our second consecutive Rookie of the Year winner.

Owner John O'Rourke Jr. now feels good about how I'm doing- but cut my salary to $750K! What gives, cheapskate? His goals for next year are actually pretty in sync with mine- a winning record, upgrade catcher (John Bowker has filled that role for too long), improve the rotation (from 16th out of 16- no problem), improve attendance, and turn a profit. Will do, boss.

No changes to our staff this year. We wave goodbye to Austin Schuh, Terrell Samuda, Aaron Maewether, Wu Jiang, Calum Mackay, and John Cannon, all of whom will depart as free agents.
Attached Images
Old 08-12-2017, 11:15 AM   #56
jaa36
All Star Starter

2004-5 offseason

While there were a few big-name free agents out there this offseason (Kevin Land, Angel Perez, Chaz Tucci), we selected from the middle tier, signing infielder Bill "Clank" Naumann to a two-year deal for $8M for year. The 33-year-old Naumann is a two-time all-star who provides speed and versatility to a unit that was already fairly deep. Our most exciting signing might have been 26-year-old pitcher Scott "Bullets" Bynum, a former #2 overall pick who has suffered through a truly epic string of injuries, including THREE severe injuries to his rotator cuff, and Tommy John surgery. But: the upside remains incredible, and he comes to us for $1.5M/year for the next two years, though he'll miss the first half with his latest rotator cuff injury. Finally we signed reliever Armani Toodle (and his top-notch name), a 30-year-old right-hander with a 96-MPH fastball who pitched well for the Marsh Heroes last year, for two years at $3M/year with a team option for a third.

I traded pitcher Gus Garza, a member of our rotation for the last four years, to Adamond for 26-year-old infielder Eddie DeStefano. The 31-year-old Garza was OK, but with our younger pitchers slowly progressing, I didn't feel like he had much of a role with our team this year. DeStefano will be a capable backup in the infield.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to upgrade the catcher position- Rob Bowker returns for another year as the starter. We really have had no one come up through the system to provide us with any depth, and the free agents that have become available have generally been pretty atrocious. At least Bowker comes cheap, at just $1.6M, and his defense is passable.

Former Titan Terrell Samuda signed a five-year deal worth $90M with the Crestmont Bobcats, and pitcher Austin Schuh signed for a total of $55M with Sungate. Knuckleballer T.J. Shankman keeps on ticking at age 39, signing a two-year deal worth $20M with Terra City. Dermott Medforth, who I assumed was dead, signed a contract for $780K with Marsh.

The Titans had quite a few representatives to the Spira Cup this year, which was won by the World team for the first time in five years. Tane Kunane and Manny Carrasco pitched for the World team, and Chris Arguello, Jonatan Moss, Josh Ralston and Armani Toodle for the Terra squad.
Old 08-12-2017, 10:44 PM   #57
jaa36
All Star Starter

April 1, 2005

We're in relatively good shape with respect to injuries to start the season, with only pitchers Sam Cooke, Manny Carrasco, and Scott Bynum starting the season on the DL. The most notable thing about our starting lineup are the absences of Kerry Hammond, who's serving as sort of a "super-sub" in the outfield, and Chris Arguello, who will be out for a game or two on the DL, but similarly, we have four good infielders for three positions. Rookie Jessie Puls will start the season in the rotation.

John O'Rourke Jr. thinks we can play .500 ball. The predictions have us finishing 87-75, third place.

We are fifth as far as prospects go. 24-year-old Puls is the #5 prospect overall, and 25-year-old Josh Vitalis is #23.

I've got a good feeling about the season- thinking that we'll break our nearly 50-year postseason drought!
Attached Images
Old 08-13-2017, 09:30 AM   #58
jaa36
All Star Starter

May 1, 2005

An eight-game winning streak has propelled us to a 16-11 record in the first month of the season. That still leaves us in third place as there are four teams with between 16 and 18 wins already. Ron Closser was the Player of the Month for the TBL, hitting .330 with 10 home runs. Isiah Ibeh has also started strong, with a 5-0 record and 2.82 ERA.

I extended two young players for the long term. Nick Myers, who would have been eligible for arbitration for the first time this offseason, signed for four years at $7M with a team option for a fifth year at the same price. And Tane Kunane signed for five years at $11M/year, with two team options following at $11M/year. Kunane actually is out for a few weeks with biceps tendinitis but should return at full strength soon.
Old 08-13-2017, 10:00 AM   #59
jaa36
All Star Starter

June 1, 2005

It was a stellar month for the Titans as we went 20-8 en route to a 36-19 record overall and first place in the TBL West! It's not going to be an easy path, though, as both Terra City and Stephens are within two games of us. Ron Closser continues to hit well and now has 19 home runs and 48 RBI; at this point, his power is as good as anyone in the league. Isiah Ibeh remains undefeated at 8-0. We lead the league in runs scored again, and while the pitching hasn't been great, it's at least middle of the pack.

I drafted college outfielder Doug Byer with our first-round pick. Byer is a left-handed hitter with great speed who should be able to handle any outfield position. We ended up selected five position players in the first five rounds. Still no good catchers in the draft...
Old 08-13-2017, 11:10 PM   #60
jaa36
All Star Starter

July 1, 2005

Well this is shaping up to be an amazing year- another 20-win month puts us at an incredible 56-26, first place in the TBL West by six games over Terra City. Ron Closser continues to lay waste to the league, hitting .308 with a .420 OBP, 22 home runs, and 66 RBI, good for 4.3 WAR despite mediocre defense. Isiah Ibeh continues to roll as well, to the tune of an 11-1 record and 2.64 ERA. Nick Myers won the Player of the Month for June after hitting .356 with six homers. Jonatan Moss and Chris Arguello are also both performing admirably. We're currently on pace for the second-most wins in league history.

Hopefully this will be enough of a cushion for us to finally make it back to the postseason. In the meantime, I'm working on signing international free agent Kalume Naide, a Nyambe native who profiles as a good fourth outfielder many years into the future.