Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 01-14-2019, 05:02 PM   #1
cavacom
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 22x in 7 posts
I have an Idea.

This idea may have been tested already and dismissed. This idea may sound like a good idea to me now but it may also be terrible.

Real Life sports teams generate revenue in multiple ways, from gate receipts to merchandise sales to broadcast rights. The one common theme is that the most popular teams with the most fans generate the most revenue.

I propose that we add a new way to award perfect points based on home attendance figures.

doesn't have to be much. 10 pp for every 10k fans in attendance awarded to the home team.

everyone has 81 home games.

But, not everyone has Playoff games. not everyone has game 163. not everyone can host the Wildcard game.

has the added benefit of awarding teams for going deeper into the playoffs.

Also, the attendance can be coded to be inflated for the higher level leagues. Therefore, representing an increase in popularity as your team is promoted to higher levels.

I look forward to your thoughts on this matter.
cavacom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 05:04 PM   #2
pgjocki
All Star Reserve

Thanked 370x in 243 posts
You already get 1,000 PP for making the playoffs and if you don't know how to generate PP through achievements then you need to do a little more research.

Not trying to be mean, just pointing out a fact.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 01-14-2019, 05:13 PM   #3
mcdog512
All Star Starter

Location: Waldon Thomas Westlake (November 8, 1920 – September 6, 2019)
Thanked 1,028x in 669 posts
Not a terrible idea. Would be an interesting passive way to gain some points and keep players interested.
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 05:16 PM   #4
freedavebrown
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 82x in 48 posts
I like this idea. But I like any idea that adds new and interesting ways to earn PP.

I think it is odd that a bunch of new cards are added each week but AFAIK no new achievements have been added since launch. Even with the scores hidden can just glance at the PP earned and have a pretty good idea of which achivements I might have got after a few weeks of playing. You just keep getting the same ones over and over.

There are some ways to try to get more. . . HRs for double dinger, Ks for corner painter. Etc. But the big ones seem to be mostly random. Would love to see some fun new random ones added.

Maybe the devs could start a google doc like we have for player card submissions but for achievements.

I am sure the community could come up with some more cool ones like "Throw a Maddux."
freedavebrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
old timer (01-14-2019)
Old 01-14-2019, 05:29 PM   #5
BMW
All Star Starter

Thanked 664x in 297 posts
I'm 2-12 in my league right now. I've gotten 190 PP in that span, so about 27pp per home game (if you assume 7h, 7a). It's not that hard to get Perfect Points that I think something like attendance needs to be factored in.

It's ultimately a completely off-the-wall what-if fantasy league, and trying to attach value to something "real" like attendance seems like an odd fit.
Old 01-14-2019, 06:05 PM   #6
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Thanked 367x in 217 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavacom View Post
This idea may have been tested already and dismissed. This idea may sound like a good idea to me now but it may also be terrible.

Real Life sports teams generate revenue in multiple ways, from gate receipts to merchandise sales to broadcast rights. The one common theme is that the most popular teams with the most fans generate the most revenue.

I propose that we add a new way to award perfect points based on home attendance figures.

doesn't have to be much. 10 pp for every 10k fans in attendance awarded to the home team.

everyone has 81 home games.

But, not everyone has Playoff games. not everyone has game 163. not everyone can host the Wildcard game.

has the added benefit of awarding teams for going deeper into the playoffs.

Also, the attendance can be coded to be inflated for the higher level leagues. Therefore, representing an increase in popularity as your team is promoted to higher levels.

I look forward to your thoughts on this matter.
With the amount of discussions there have been regarding the "rich getting richer", it's been said that it isn't a good idea to reward the top teams any more than they already are. So I don't think the majority of those in these forums nor the devs would support having inflated awards for higher level leagues. Secondly, I don't see giving everyone more PP for attendance to accomplish much as it would just pretty much increase everybody equally except for the extra playoff PP (which is already awarded and would get compounded by additional awards) or the aforementioned higher rate for higher leagues. If we drive up the amount of PP that everyone gets, then they would have to re-evaluate the amount of PP gained through purchase. Also, if everyone has more, then I think you get an inflation effect where prices on players go up since people have more spendable PP. In the end, I don't see the gain.

I don't mind having new achievements, but I can't see how giving everyone more is that much of an advantage to anyone. I could be wrong. I do however like that they award success by giving points for making the playoffs, plus you have more games to gain achievements, plus you get varying PP based on your end of season score. So we are already award success and basing things on attendance that is tied to success just doubles the rewards already given and we get back to the rich getting richer and those who are struggling not being able to find their way up.
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
3 thanks for this post:
BoofBonser26 (01-14-2019), cavacom (01-14-2019), old timer (01-14-2019)
Old 01-14-2019, 07:47 PM   #7
BMW
All Star Starter

Thanked 664x in 297 posts
On another note, my 4-15 team just got 800 PP from a 7-run comeback (and 9 hits in an inning).

Apparently if you're losing every game by 7 runs, apparently you will stumble into a 7-run comeback!

Who needs attendance!
Old 01-15-2019, 08:15 AM   #8
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 4,572x in 2,627 posts
This was discussed before and it would throw the influx of PP into the system completely out of whack. So, nothing like this will ever happen.
: 2 POWELL : 8 REECE : 10 BROWN : 15 HALL : 28 CASAS : 32 WEST : 46 SAITO

Resident Mets Cynic

Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 09:06 AM   #9
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Thanked 39,674x in 6,145 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
This was discussed before and it would throw the influx of PP into the system completely out of whack. So, nothing like this will ever happen.
This.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote