Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 02-19-2005, 04:35 PM   #1
Giants44
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 288x in 125 posts
NOW, OOTP is getting expenisve

I have always said that OOTP is the best bang for my buck - but with recetn speed issues, crashes etc I have just spent 2 grand on a very high end system and allthough I told my wife it is for work (I am a technical consultant) I do have to admit a great deal of the motivation was to see if I could get OOTP to run better.

my new system has 3.2Ghz processor, 320gigs of raid 0 hard drive space and 2 gigs of ram and a 256MB Nvidia GeForce 6800 GTO Graphics Card.

will report back once I get it and see if I see anky kind of increase in speed - though it wasn't like my old system was a slug (2.4ghz, 1gig ram)
Giants44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 05:49 PM   #2
mlyons
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 21x in 18 posts
You're not a very patient man, are you?
Old 02-19-2005, 06:25 PM   #3
Jayzone
All Star Reserve

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants44
I have always said that OOTP is the best bang for my buck - but with recetn speed issues, crashes etc I have just spent 2 grand on a very high end system and allthough I told my wife it is for work (I am a technical consultant) I do have to admit a great deal of the motivation was to see if I could get OOTP to run better.

my new system has 3.2Ghz processor, 320gigs of raid 0 hard drive space and 2 gigs of ram and a 256MB Nvidia GeForce 6800 GTO Graphics Card.

will report back once I get it and see if I see anky kind of increase in speed - though it wasn't like my old system was a slug (2.4ghz, 1gig ram)
Ur..... the computer that I am using right now is not even on par with your old computer. Only wish I could have that kind of system.... Man, those GF6800/ ATI X800 series cards are sure very nice to have....
Jayzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 08:53 PM   #4
scefalu
Major Leagues

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
New system as overkill?

Quote:
Wow! Nice rig.

Honestly, though, I don't think the system specs were your problem. I run OOTP without a problem on a 1.5 GHz notebook with 1 Gb RAM.

Old 02-19-2005, 09:29 PM   #5
crazyhorsejohnny
All Star Reserve

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
You want to sim a season in 10 seconds?
crazyhorsejohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 08:01 AM   #6
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 287x in 138 posts
Not the computer. Maybe some deep spring cleaning would've done the trick. I've got 2 computers running OOTP6.11. My weakest one is only 120mb Ram and 800Mhz with a 20gig HD. Runs OOTP6 fast and smooth. Never had a problem.

Asahi2 Baseball ex-Commissioner(Historical League Since 2004)
www.allsimbaseball.com (OOTP web hosting - Customized sites for online leagues - Sign up, Connect OOTP and Play!)
Share Your Mods - Free, unlimited and easy to upload to share your Mods instantly(free site registration required)
f.montoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 06:22 PM   #7
Giants44
Hall Of Famer

I think patience was the issue - since I have already done the spring cleaning thing - formating and rebuilding from scratch just 3 weeks ago.

though I am not all evil - by old PC becomes my server, and my old server goes into the playroom so the kids can have their own computer.

everytime I buy a new computer I remember back to my first computer I bought with 256K - (yes that's k not M) of RAM and a 10Meg Hard drive that I thought I would never fill up.
Old 02-20-2005, 10:28 PM   #8
Jayzone
All Star Reserve

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
I think patience was the issue - since I have already done the spring cleaning thing - formating and rebuilding from scratch just 3 weeks ago.

though I am not all evil - by old PC becomes my server, and my old server goes into the playroom so the kids can have their own computer.

everytime I buy a new computer I remember back to my first computer I bought with 256K - (yes that's k not M) of RAM and a 10Meg Hard drive that I thought I would never fill up.
You probably know this already, but I just want to say that turning the anti-virus off helps a lot when running OOTP. OOTP just has too frequent file accessing and anti-virus software monitors this kind of activities every steps of the way....

p.s. I also vaguely remeber how expensive a 10MB harddrive is back then when the 256k of memory was still mainstream.
Jayzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 11:01 PM   #9
kingcharlesxii
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 230x in 119 posts
That video card might be a bit of overkill for OOTP.

OOTP Grand League Champion 2015
kingcharlesxii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 06:50 PM   #10
Giants44
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayzone
You probably know this already, but I just want to say that turning the anti-virus off helps a lot when running OOTP. OOTP just has too frequent file accessing and anti-virus software monitors this kind of activities every steps of the way....
I use to turn off a/v - but never being a big fan of that (becasue I would often forget to turn it back on and then surf the web "naked" so to speak.

so i added the ootp path to nortons auto-protect exclusion list and it essentially does the same thing without the hassle of toggling on and off.
Old 02-21-2005, 06:50 PM   #11
Giants44
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcharlesxii
That video card might be a bit of overkill for OOTP.
I'm banking on Madden level graphics in v7!!!
Old 02-24-2005, 10:38 PM   #12
Giants44
Hall Of Famer

well - it showed up today.

Once I get everything loaded and moved over - I will report back on my results
Old 02-25-2005, 02:09 AM   #13
Giants44
Hall Of Famer

that is a little disappointing - first game - sound on - crash. Now it was a very fast crash, but a crash none the less.

unless Markus can track this down - looks like we have no sound till v7
Old 02-25-2005, 02:12 AM   #14
mrbill
All Star Reserve

Thanked 4x in 2 posts
Sounds is the least of my worries with V6. For what we might get fixed, I hope this isn't on the top of the list, and making Rule V draftees actually have to stay on the ML roster is higher toward the top
mrbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 02:48 AM   #15
edm
All Star Starter

Thanked 123x in 77 posts
Nice rig, very similar to the system I just built a couple weeks ago. What kind of sound card did it come with? Make sure you update the drivers from the sound card manufacturers site. Anyway, ootp is fine and dandy and all, but if you like shooters, check out Half Life 2 and put that 6800GT to work! The game will look gorgeous. You'll be blown away.

Last edited by edm; 02-25-2005 at 02:51 AM.
edm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 03:04 AM   #16
Giants44
Hall Of Famer

first full season test 162 games - 28 teams - 8 minutes.

certainly faster then my old system (which was not a mule - it was only about a year old with a gig of ram)

still, i think i was expecting a little faster.

I have noticed a signifigant improvement in save\load speeds - at least 5 times faster then before.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:31 AM   #17
TheRockCT
All Star Starter

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
first full season test 162 games - 28 teams - 8 minutes.

certainly faster then my old system (which was not a mule - it was only about a year old with a gig of ram)

still, i think i was expecting a little faster.

I have noticed a signifigant improvement in save\load speeds - at least 5 times faster then before.
Do you simulate the minor leagues as well? My home PC is fairly slow, but at my parents house where I have a license installed on their high-end PC, I've noticed that if simulate minors is on, you're still not going to burn through a season in a couple of minutes.
*NABA Champions: 2013
TheRockCT is offline   Reply With Quote