Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.5.52 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

MLB All-Star Game Special: Save 50% on OOTP 20!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Mods

Old 06-06-2003, 05:33 PM   #1
locust9
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 1x in 1 post
cato help plz

Hi there-

still having no luck getting cato's wonderful utility to recognize multiple seasons, despite the fact that I have all of my csvs for the years in question. Could some kind soul explain to me how they were able to accomplish this? Right now the util only evaluates the year of the exported csvs - i have no idea how to get it to look at the other csvs (or even if it's supposed to).

Thanks in advance,
loc
Old 06-06-2003, 07:55 PM   #2
Killebrew
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 50x in 25 posts
You have to do each season separately - reread the OOTP History instructions, I think it should describe the process in detail. In case it is confusing, here is a short version (remember check the readme for the small details):

1) get the html and CSV's from the single year you want to import
2) run the import
3) check the team names
4) add the awards and all stars (if you want to)
5) back up the DB (optional but highly recommended)

Then repeat steps 1-5 with the next years html and CSV files.

I suggest backing up the DB after doing each season in case something messes up in year #20 and you have to redo from scratch. Good luck.
Old 06-09-2003, 09:13 AM   #3
locust9
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 1x in 1 post
hmm -

every time i attempt this it seems as though i'm overwriting the previous season. I will try again when i get home.

Thanks for the help!

loc
Old 06-09-2003, 11:34 AM   #4
Killebrew
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 50x in 25 posts
Quote:
Originally posted by locust9
hmm -

every time i attempt this it seems as though i'm overwriting the previous season. I will try again when i get home.

Thanks for the help!

loc
For the overwriting the previous season problem here are two idea's:
1. Make sure you are importing one season at a time in OOTP and repeat the process for each year (sounds like you are doing that).
2. Make sure you use *NEW* OOTP5 html pages for each year (sounds like you are likely following this step as well).
3. Make very sure you put these *NEW* OOTP5 html pages for each year in whatever directory you specified to hold the html input. You choose this path in the OOTP History options screen. Getting the same year over and over could happen if the program was reading it's OOTP5 html from a different directory than you assume it is reading it from. That just means make double sure you're updating the html in the correct directory.
4. Same deal as #2-3 above for the CSV pages - make sure you use *NEW* CSV pages for each season and recheck the OOTP History path to these CSV files.

After that I would also double check the sets of html pages from OOTP5 to make sure they in fact were from different seasons, seems obvious but it's easy to screw up any of these steps and assume the problem is elsewhere. I archive my season by season html and CSV files (as well as the OOTP league files) in carefully named zip archives and this reduces my errors, especially when I am tired or fall down drunk (assuming I would even drink). It also makes CD Backups easier and it makes re-running the whole process due to errors or new versions of OOTP/OOTP History. Examples: "2009_LeagueName_YearEndFile(OOTP5).zip" ; "2009_LeagueName_CSV(OOTPHIST5).zip" ; 2009_LeagueName_GameHTML(OOTP5).zip"

Good luck.