Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.5.47 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Collection Missions for Perfect Team Released!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 12-26-2018, 01:47 AM   #421
PhysicsTeacher
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 50x in 33 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
1 + 2: You choose your park factors, size & location is rather cosmetic and does not factor into the simulation at the core level.

The wind speed and direction and temperature data are all just cosmetic?
PhysicsTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 09:09 PM   #422
bailey
All Star Starter

Thanked 406x in 227 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicsTeacher View Post
The wind speed and direction and temperature data are all just cosmetic?

I don't think so, I set the rain in April to 100% one time, and I had lots of game interruptions due to rain.
bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 08:28 AM   #423
Joshrapley
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 27x in 20 posts
Is there a way of checking the cards L/R ratings before purchasing the card? My current team is disastrous versus lefty's so want to improve this for the playoff's but cant seem to check it anywhere.
Joshrapley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 02:30 PM   #424
noragar
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 12x in 9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshrapley View Post
Is there a way of checking the cards L/R ratings before purchasing the card? My current team is disastrous versus lefty's so want to improve this for the playoff's but cant seem to check it anywhere.
You could go into Sortable Stats to list all players in your league and see if any other teams in your league own the card you're interested in. If so, you can open the ratings from there.

Also, I saw early on someone was putting together a spreadsheet with ratings from all of the cards they could find. I haven't seen anything about it lately, so I don't know how complete it is or where to find it.
noragar is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
ElementalKnight (01-07-2019), Joshrapley (01-08-2019)
Old 01-07-2019, 12:46 PM   #425
ElementalKnight
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 28x in 16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbuttercream View Post
I just got my first pack from playing challenge mode. Is there a set 'cool down period' where I'm ineligible for another?

The cooldown in my experience appears to be 3 days exactly.
ElementalKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 09:55 PM   #426
SteveBalboni
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
I am new to Perfect Team. Have 36 players from 6 packs. Played 2 games with no issues then:

- I have 18 players on my roster and 15 players on my inactive roster including some of my best players

- I cannot edit my lineup or rotation as it says the inactive players cannot be moved for 14 games. At least 8 games (over more than 8 days) have been played and the number remains at 14.

- The inactive players are still playing in my games despite being inactive and not in my lineups or pitching staff.

- I keep getting a message saying my roster cannot be submitted because it is not sanitary...even if I don't try to submit a roster.

Is this a glitch or did I do something wrong?
SteveBalboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 11:16 PM   #427
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Reserve

Thanked 363x in 258 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBalboni View Post
I am new to Perfect Team. Have 36 players from 6 packs. Played 2 games with no issues then:

- I have 18 players on my roster and 15 players on my inactive roster including some of my best players

- I cannot edit my lineup or rotation as it says the inactive players cannot be moved for 14 games. At least 8 games (over more than 8 days) have been played and the number remains at 14.

- The inactive players are still playing in my games despite being inactive and not in my lineups or pitching staff.

- I keep getting a message saying my roster cannot be submitted because it is not sanitary...even if I don't try to submit a roster.

Is this a glitch or did I do something wrong?

I had something similar happen to me back when PT was still in Beta and I couldn't do much of anything as I only had four starting pitchers, 8 position players, the DH, and I believe 1 or 2 pitchers in the bullpen.

Lucky for me I had to deal with my issue only for a few games as the whole game got an update and all leagues were reset back to zero games played.

Across the top of your Perfect Game, there are four main menus, running left to right, Main--Market--League--and your team name.

If you select your team name, a dropdown menu appears. Select "Roster Management".

Next, select "Manage Inactive Card" which is located at the far right of the screen, and below the white colored "Submit Team" button.

If you see any players showing to be inactive, and you want to use them, make sure you select to activate them. You'll still have to wait 14 days however, at least the clock will be running.
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 04:47 PM   #428
FancySkunk
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 69x in 44 posts
Had an odd question about how things might work going forward into PT for OOTP20.

As of now, we can teach players new positions. How is that going to be handled with live cards which will have changing stats? Would a stats update to the card supercede the work I put in, or would the game take the higher of the two ratings?

As an example, let's say I spend a season teaching Miguel Andujar how to play 1B, resulting in him having a 50 rating at the position in my PT. As the next PT season starts, his live card updates to reflect his new current stats, where his 1B rating is 0. What happens to my card?
FancySkunk is online now   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
BoofBonser26 (01-09-2019), ElementalKnight (01-11-2019)
Old 01-09-2019, 05:41 PM   #429
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Thanked 10,416x in 4,091 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancySkunk View Post
Had an odd question about how things might work going forward into PT for OOTP20.

As of now, we can teach players new positions. How is that going to be handled with live cards which will have changing stats? Would a stats update to the card supercede the work I put in, or would the game take the higher of the two ratings?

As an example, let's say I spend a season teaching Miguel Andujar how to play 1B, resulting in him having a 50 rating at the position in my PT. As the next PT season starts, his live card updates to reflect his new current stats, where his 1B rating is 0. What happens to my card?
We'll still need to figure that out, but the most logical thing to do is if we update a player's "default" experience, then we would take the higher of the 2.

Now, if the live updates changed any of the component defensive ratings (IF arm, IF error, etc...), then that could certainly change a player's rating at a position. We'll have to see what kind of live defensive data we get, though, to see what is possible/realistic to update.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
3 thanks for this post:
ElementalKnight (01-11-2019), gosensgo101 (01-14-2019), Mat (01-10-2019)
Old 01-12-2019, 04:14 PM   #430
jd200600
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 13x in 10 posts
If I have two licenses on different computers, can I log into PT from either computer? I do not want to violate TOS.
jd200600 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 03:05 PM   #431
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd200600 View Post
If I have two licenses on different computers, can I log into PT from either computer? I do not want to violate TOS.
Yes, you can certainly log in from anywhere.
Thank you for this post:
jd200600 (01-13-2019)
Old 01-13-2019, 05:32 PM   #432
daves
All Star Starter

Thanked 409x in 290 posts
It doesn't appear that 7 day lineups and/or change this starter every 2 games works in the playoffs?
daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 06:18 PM   #433
daves
All Star Starter

Are promotions based on playoffs or regular season results?
Old 01-13-2019, 07:13 PM   #434
jd200600
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 13x in 10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Yes, you can certainly log in from anywhere.

Thanks! I thought that it might be ok, but wanted to check. I have a laptop hooked up to my TV with a license, and the other license on my computer in my office. Wanted to check my teams from both locations!
jd200600 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 07:17 PM   #435
daves
All Star Starter

Doolittle came in to face a batter, threw 5 pitches to a full count, then Snell came in to throw the strikeout. I am not sure why the computer did this with no injuries?
Old 01-14-2019, 09:31 PM   #436
7mart7
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 6x in 5 posts
Ability to View Whole Player Ratings in Auction House

Would be great to see all of the other ratings before bidding on a card, especially the L/R splits for batters.
7mart7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 09:40 PM   #437
hammerstringz
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 5x in 4 posts
Player Age

Does player age matter? Will he end up retiring on me and such?
hammerstringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 10:56 PM   #438
BoofBonser26
Major Leagues

Thanked 125x in 80 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerstringz View Post
Does player age matter? Will he end up retiring on me and such?
Nope! Every player remains the same in ratings and data. Now, how players perform WILL change, but that's mostly random and only due to the inherent error bars around the outcomes each player's true talent will produce.
BoofBonser26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 09:45 AM   #439
max venerabel
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 56x in 35 posts
For OOTP20's PT mode, will the player pool be the same (apart from the Live aspect of the 2019 Live players)?

I'm already finding that I more or less know all the decent players in the AH.... pretty rare to find something I haven't seen before.
max venerabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 10:53 AM   #440
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by max venerabel View Post
For OOTP20's PT mode, will the player pool be the same (apart from the Live aspect of the 2019 Live players)?

I'm already finding that I more or less know all the decent players in the AH.... pretty rare to find something I haven't seen before.
-The live cards obviously will be replaced with the "new" set of live cards, and will have changing ratings
-The future legend cards will be replaced with a new set of future legend cards
-As for other changes, we always reserve the right to make other changes, add or remove any other cards in future versions, so I would expect they won't all be the same cards
-Also, we're looking into changes for player ratings, so while the players may be the same, we certainly won't guarantee ratings will be the same.

Plus, we'll have a full year of new content releases, not just the few months like we've had so far
Thank you for this post:
daves (01-31-2019)