Home | Webstore
Latest News: FHM 5 Available - Update OOTP 19.8 is online - OOTP 19 Available! - MLB Manager 2018 Available Now

World Series Special! OOTP 19 is 75% Off Until Nov. 1!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 08-09-2018, 12:46 PM   #21
Gary Gorski
Developer of Total Pro Basketball

Thanked 8x in 3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drksd4848 View Post
Hey, Gary

When can we look forward to an announcement for PF 19... And where would be a good place to look out for it?
It will be done in our blog on our site - if you have facebook or twitter definitely follow us there and you'll see the announcement when ready. It will also be linked to from our forums - it won't be hard to find
Assoc. Developer of Draft Day Sports: Pro Football
Assoc. Developer of Draft Day Sports: College Football
Wolverine Studios
http://www.wolverinestudios.com
http://www.facebook.com/wolverinestudios
http://www.twitter.com/wolverinestudio
Gary Gorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
trident (10-05-2018)
Old 10-05-2018, 03:16 AM   #22
Templer
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 11x in 10 posts
Draft Day Sports: Pro/College Football undeniably focuses on multiplayer.
And so you can find fun in a well-run online league. In single player mode, DDS: xx football is a waste of time, motivation dissolves quickly here.

The FOF 9 release is not expected in the coming months. Anyone looking for an interesting, deep and challenging sport management simulation, away from Baseball/Basketball, should seriously consider whether he should give Franchise Hockey Manager 5 a chance.
Templer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 01:00 PM   #23
Rizzo
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 81x in 57 posts
I'm not going to say that DDS: PF/CF undeniably focuses on multiplayer because I don't know what the developers truly focus on when making the game. I will say that I've played a lot of the games from Wolverine Studios - multiple college basketball and pro basketball sims as well as college football and their new pro golf game - and they all definitely shine greatest when played in a multiplayer league.

As Gary spoke on above, historical play is a new addition on most of the games. If you are looking to play strictly historical play or highly customized league structure, these games may not scratch that itch completely for you.

For me, I still enjoy single player leagues in these sim engines. I played a lot of them for Pro Basketball 3 when I was first getting into sim games. Since then, I've focused mostly on multiplayer leagues but I still dabble in single player franchises as well. I just recently picked up their DDS:Pro Golf title and am loving it so far and that game is strictly single player.

In any sim game there are going to be aspects that you like and that you don't like. I find with Wolverine Studios there are more things I do like than things I don't and is a product I've been loyal to for years now.
Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
3 thanks for this post:
gbmoore121 (10-05-2018), glenmere14 (10-08-2018), vgorilla80 (10-06-2018)
Old 10-10-2018, 01:06 AM   #24
knightdreamer2k
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 51x in 39 posts
I had bought the first version that wa s called pro football simulator and just purchased draft day pro football 2018. I like to run fictional leagues and I am finding this a really good product for that.

The main things I like are 1. easy to edit and customize. 2. 2d on field play- makes watching or playing out games more enjoyable to tell the progress. 3. non complicated ui, I like that most things can be found relatively easily.

My complaints are 1. unless I'm missing something I have not been able to run my offense the way I want to because i try to set a conservative run oriented offense, and still the AI is running it as balanced. FOF did this better as the AI would run the offense the way I set it up. Still possible I am missing a setting as it is early going for me. 2. Quite a few menu's have their own save button and if you are not paying attention may not have actually saved your setting.

All in all I enjoy running my fictional league, and like that the menus are attractive.
knightdreamer2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:58 PM   #25
knightdreamer2k
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 51x in 39 posts
After playing the game more I really do enjoy it. It would be neat in the future if there was a face gen type of thing going on.

Axis football is suppose to receive an update that will fix the passing/rushing issues. (it is in beta now). Chance that axis may be a good graphical game of football.

Pro strategy football plays nice while also providing a graphical version of football. It is lacking on the career play of side as well as easy customization.

I feel like there are finally options for football games.
knightdreamer2k is offline   Reply With Quote