Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 08-17-2007, 11:12 PM   #1
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 79x in 45 posts
New Project: http://www.planetootp.com/MLBPhotos/Default.asp

http://www.planetootp.com/MLBPhotos/Default.asp

So far it is just a test to see how it will look, but there is a nice collection of photos here. It is being indexed now, so it will have a search function soon.

The plan is also to have a page for each year, 1871, 1872, 2006, etc. That is going to take me a little while to do, but I think before the month is over, I can have most of it online. I also plan on an upload section so you can upload the missing photos. They would be put aside until I approve them.

Picture it being the ultimate photo bucket for MLB faces. Hopefully, with the community help (which is like pulling teeth), I can get a minor league section up there also.

Last edited by Comedian2004; 08-20-2007 at 07:43 PM. Reason: I changed the site location
Comedian2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 08:35 AM   #2
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 79x in 45 posts
The site is now indexed and has a search button on the home page. I can't wait until I add a page for each year, this is gonna be some cool stuff.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:59 AM   #3
kingofdmv
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 3x in 2 posts
Thank you sir. You and the rest of the modders keep making this game better and better.
kingofdmv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 10:31 AM   #4
APujols5
Banned

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Infractions: 1/3 (3)
Hey Larry,

I just noticed the link to my photo pack is dead, I will reupload it this weekend at some point, that should cover 2007 for you, including 90% of the minor leaguers
APujols5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 10:38 AM   #5
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 79x in 45 posts
E-mail me at larry@cfl.rr.com with your FTP information I gave you and the link and I will check it.

I was doing some housecleaning on my server and may have disabled it by accident.

I think I can create a killer way to do the photos with this site.

Just don't tell MLB about it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by APujols5 View Post
Hey Larry,

I just noticed the link to my photo pack is dead, I will reupload it this weekend at some point, that should cover 2007 for you, including 90% of the minor leaguers
Old 08-18-2007, 10:42 AM   #6
APujols5
Banned

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Oh it was never on your site Larry, it was on File Front

http://files.filefront.com//;8345218;;/

There you go Larry, That should cover almost all of the current players.

Last edited by APujols5; 08-18-2007 at 01:46 PM.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:10 PM   #7
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 79x in 45 posts
OK, thanks Albert.

I downloaded it, added 94 more to the collection and converted them all to lowercase letters.

I will redo the site using this collection and re-index the search. I was hoping that they were broke down into sub folders, but alas, I can't have everything.

At least with the search function, it makes it real easy to locate a player. It even works if you enter a bad spelling on the name, it will give you a 'did you mean' thingie.

Once I have this in place, I can enhance it further.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:50 PM   #8
APujols5
Banned

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Sorry, I don't organize them any other way than throwing them in the main photos directory folder. I only play fictional and current day. Never been much of an OOTP fictional player. I added Gambo's historical pics only because I do like seeing pics when I look at the leaderboards and history
Old 08-18-2007, 08:45 PM   #9
kagnew35
All Star Starter

Thanked 58x in 14 posts
NPB photos

Larry, murmur has a nearkly complete package of japanese players. can you add them? I am setting up a MLB-NPB online league

http://www.soxxcountry.com/ site with FaceGen Central and Duffys Tavern Live OOTP Chat Room
kagnew35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 11:14 PM   #10
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 79x in 45 posts
Sure, got a link to them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagnew35 View Post
Larry, murmur has a nearkly complete package of japanese players. can you add them? I am setting up a MLB-NPB online league
Old 08-18-2007, 11:32 PM   #11
kagnew35
All Star Starter

Thanked 58x in 14 posts
Link

they're in post 12 larry, read thru the postts are more there

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=148378

http://www.soxxcountry.com/ site with FaceGen Central and Duffys Tavern Live OOTP Chat Room
kagnew35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 12:41 AM   #12
APujols5
Banned

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Actually I think they are combined in the group of pics I sent you already Larry. I think I added them when I added Murmur's roster to my universe to work them in together.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:30 AM   #13
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 79x in 45 posts
Yes, the Japan players are in there. I spent the entire weekend working on this project and it is coming along well.

So far here is what I have done:

I took the existing photo folder and broke it into sub folders, A, B, C, D, E, etc. At the same time, I converted all of the photos to lowercase letters, so they are consistant.

I then created pages for each letter group. (Based on the players FIRST name). This was the most time consuming part, as I used Photoshop CS3 to generate the pages. They look like the ones referenced above, but this time I did not create thumb nails.

I zipped it up (256meg) and I am uploaded it to my server. It is right now extracting the files. Should be done by now (said 13 minutes)

Next up will be to finish the home page and add the links for the letters. I already created the art work, so I just have 26 links to do. Then I need to add some content to the home page and then have it index the site and add a search button.

I am on the road this afternoon, but I expect to have it all online this evening. Then I start to add the toots and whistles to the site. The ability to upload pictures, etc.

I also want to add a link to baseball-reference for each picture page, but have to figure out a way to automate it. I am using Web Expression (asp and aspx files), so I may be able to put some code behind it.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:42 PM   #14
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 79x in 45 posts
The new photosite is at:

http://www.planetootp.com/MLBPhotos/Default.asp

It is being indexed now, so the search may not work until later on today or tomorrow.

Let me know what you think.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:00 PM   #15
APujols5
Banned

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Nice Work
Old 08-20-2007, 10:22 PM   #16
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 79x in 45 posts
Thanks... just noticed the J link don't work. Have to redo it.

Let me know of other links that don't work.

Quote:
Nice Work
Old 08-20-2007, 10:30 PM   #17
robster1225
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 9x in 8 posts
Larry, this is some awesome stuff.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:19 PM   #18
APujols5
Banned

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Is it going to be setup for us to upload pics ourselves? Or should I just send you updates when I have them?
Old 08-21-2007, 07:30 AM   #19
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 79x in 45 posts
It will have a place for anyone to upload pics (that I then move to proper place later), but that may be a while, so for now, send them to me.

Send them to webcomedian@msn.com (handles large files)

The search is now working, but it said it did a partial index, since the site is so large now, I went over the 'free' index.

I will try to find another way to index it.

Quote:
Is it going to be setup for us to upload pics ourselves? Or should I just send you updates when I have them?
Old 08-24-2007, 10:39 PM   #20
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,118x in 585 posts
For the sake of human dignity, could you please replace the horrible picture of Kent Tekulve with this one? The original picture that has been floating around the OOTP realm is horrible, especially because the classic 'pill box' Pirates hat is dented in the photo.

Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote