Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.5.52 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

MLB All-Star Game Special: Save 50% on OOTP 20!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2009, 01:12 PM   #41
codyg19
Major Leagues
 
codyg19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 311
Thanks: 3
Thanked 32x in 30 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo View Post
Do you have a debut year in the master.csv file for him?

Yes - first I had it as 1871 because I wanted him to show up right away, but I thought that might make a difference with the inaugural draft and all, so I also tried 1872. No luck there either.
codyg19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:01 PM   #42
AESP_pres
All Star Starter
 
AESP_pres's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Province of Quebec
Posts: 1,123
Blog Entries: 25
Thanks: 1,744
Thanked 337x in 217 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo View Post
It has to do with the page file on the computer. Since RAM has a small part to do with the size of your computers page file then it should help a bit. Just don't expect miracles. Let me know how far you get.
For a 1969 historical league with all the history it was really fast. With my old setting (512 meg of ram) it was almost impossible with the complete history (out of memory very fast in the importing processus). After the upgrade today (1.98 Go of ram) it was a pleasure to do it, just a little bit more than 30 minutes.

For my need, it's really a miracle
Thanks for your database
AESP_pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 01:04 AM   #43
Gambo
Hall Of Famer
 
Gambo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,363
Thanks: 164
Thanked 904x in 479 posts
Well I downloaded the patch and have taken a look at the database and to be honest I dont see any differences between the old database and the new one. Hopefully I can get some kind of response about this from the board otherwise I am going to be severely dissapointed.

I am still going to update the database anyhow and clean up some of the existing problems.
__________________
Give me league evolution with historical imports!!!

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
http://www.ootpmods.com
Gambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:12 PM   #44
isaac_2004
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 20
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
real draft years

im doing a historic sim and i want the drafts to be semi accurate to the real ones, are there settings that work with the Gambo DB so players dont get drafted in the wrong years
isaac_2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:15 AM   #45
Gambo
Hall Of Famer
 
Gambo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,363
Thanks: 164
Thanked 904x in 479 posts
I have sent an updated version of the database to Padres site.
__________________
Give me league evolution with historical imports!!!

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
http://www.ootpmods.com
Gambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:26 PM   #46
PLB82
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Will this database work with recalc off? I like to play "what if" leagues, but pitcher stamina is way too low. Right now I have it based on the entire career, but I get very few starters with decent stamina. Tom Glavine, for example, has a 4 (1 to 100 scale).

Is there a setting I can change to fix this?
PLB82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 07:42 PM   #47
AESP_pres
All Star Starter
 
AESP_pres's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Province of Quebec
Posts: 1,123
Blog Entries: 25
Thanks: 1,744
Thanked 337x in 217 posts
It looks like the team name database had a little problem.

The same happens when we start in 1871 with the Red Stockings and another team I think. Is there any way to fix that by ourselves?
AESP_pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:48 PM   #48
clamel
All Star Reserve
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Across the Pond
Posts: 895
Thanks: 92
Thanked 46x in 30 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo View Post
1st of all thanks for all the help in answering the questions guys!

Keep in mind the database is specifically made to use "neutralized" statistics.
If you do not select neutralized stats it will refer to the batting.csv and not the batting2.csv (same with Pitching and Fielding).

Negro leagers and minor leaguers have blank stat lines that will simply put them in the correct organization using "real" statistics. This is done so that their historical stats are correct when you look at them in game.

Import with "neutralized" and see how it goes.

Please, If this is still a problem let me know. It's always hard to get a database up and running correctly when the original is made.

I will need to do another update when the patch comes out so the real pitch histories will be correct (the lahman provided in game was not the correct version at release).

Without knowing if this is brought up before BUT

I played your Gambo DB with NEUTRALIZED stat being the rating setting.
The first year worked fine BUT when the next years players was imported in February they all lacked neut-stats !!!!!

I checked whatever enable, disable I could and did the exact same with the standard odb-file with the game. That one imports Neut-stats to new players.

Have I missed something ?????
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:47 AM   #49
Gambo
Hall Of Famer
 
Gambo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,363
Thanks: 164
Thanked 904x in 479 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clamel View Post
Without knowing if this is brought up before BUT

I played your Gambo DB with NEUTRALIZED stat being the rating setting.
The first year worked fine BUT when the next years players was imported in February they all lacked neut-stats !!!!!

I checked whatever enable, disable I could and did the exact same with the standard odb-file with the game. That one imports Neut-stats to new players.

Have I missed something ?????
Hmmm. I havent run across that one before. Let me ask you this? Is it importing the players in their major league debut year or their "real" debut year. I'm curious as I you want to make sure it's pulling from the right DB.

A better question might be...What exactly do you mean by lacking neut-stats?
__________________
Give me league evolution with historical imports!!!

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
http://www.ootpmods.com
Gambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 04:48 AM   #50
clamel
All Star Reserve
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Across the Pond
Posts: 895
Thanks: 92
Thanked 46x in 30 posts
Iīm using the master.csv as itīs named.
You got two more master.csv named master(MLB) and Master (MLB only players).
As far as I know Iīm using the the one without the brackets.
Thatīs the one I "marked" both when I started the dynasty and then I hope itīs picking this one when next year is coming up.
In that case the game only permits you to name a path to your DB.

Since I donīt have any draft I should believe that they are imported in their first pro-season.
Thatīs beginning february with the first line in batting.csv
This I sometimes believe too early. Some players are just 15 years old....
Since I only have AAA and AA I might even setup Single A ball since many are released after one year.Perhaps the AI think they are too young.


I never mix "DB" folders.
I started by taken a backup of the standard. Then I just moved your DBfiles into the stat-folder, and then deleted the historical_database.odb that came with the game.

What I believe this has worked in the OOTP9 version.

Any help with these guidelines ??

Last edited by clamel; 08-30-2009 at 01:15 PM.
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:27 PM   #51
clamel
All Star Reserve
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Across the Pond
Posts: 895
Thanks: 92
Thanked 46x in 30 posts
Gambo, sorry mate

This problem seams to be related to the PC. Memory or something like it.
I have tried several times again and it was the first 2-3 times all got screwed up.

The tries today have been given normal results with the same DB in the same folder.

A PC never stops amazing you does it
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 01:34 PM   #52
chicago43055
Minors (Single A)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 87
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2x in 2 posts
Help

I am new to this...had do problem d/l\Ling this DB but when I wanted to assign myself as a manager for a team or assign a ballpark to a team I was unable to do so...what am I doing wrong??....would like to manage the whitesox and assign my own ballpark pics to the game...Thanks for your help
chicago43055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 03:21 PM   #53
gnomez
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: under the sea in a submersible ship called the Flying Dutchman
Posts: 135
Thanks: 71
Thanked 11x in 9 posts
PadresFan's site says this was updated 9/21/09. Could you tell us what's in the update?
gnomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 11:14 PM   #54
Gambo
Hall Of Famer
 
Gambo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,363
Thanks: 164
Thanked 904x in 479 posts
More updated historical pitches. The database will be updated again when the patch comes out.
__________________
Give me league evolution with historical imports!!!

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
http://www.ootpmods.com
Gambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 04:52 PM   #55
clamel
All Star Reserve
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Across the Pond
Posts: 895
Thanks: 92
Thanked 46x in 30 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo View Post
More updated historical pitches. The database will be updated again when the patch comes out.
You have it ready then ???
Please inform what changes to pitch selection and perhaps to whom.
I thought you already had a very fine setup, and then just hope the import will handle it correctly.
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:09 PM   #56
Coreyettinger
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 28
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1x in 1 post
Hey guys. I'm trying to set up a league but when I used Gambo's DB I had some issues.

1) Almost none of the minor leaguers have any upside. Why for example are Hanley Ramirez and Jose Reyes 20/20's? More importantly, how do I fix this?

2) Is it possible to get the correct Minor League teams imported? Again, what am I doing wrong?
Coreyettinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:40 AM   #57
Coreyettinger
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 28
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1x in 1 post
Why is that when starting a game, I can't get salaries and payrolls to import correctly? Am I using incorrect financial settings? Can I adjust that manually to import the correct settings and salary figures in a game I've already created? If so, how?
Coreyettinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:53 PM   #58
Gambo
Hall Of Famer
 
Gambo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,363
Thanks: 164
Thanked 904x in 479 posts
ettinger,

Keep in mind this is a database and not a league file.

1) What year are you trying to import? If your trying to do 2007 or 2008 then most of the guys like those you mentioned will not have much upside since they will be importing at what are pretty much their real statistics.

2) There is no way to import the real minor league teams.

3) The game does not import salaries and payrolls into the game. They are included in the Lahman database but this information is not imported. If you want to import this stuff manually you will need to wait for the new patch where this is an option.

In addition,
(IMPORTANT)
The current version of the database will not work with the patched version of the game as there is at least one new file that will be used in the database (I do not have a copy of this file at this time to add to my database so we will have to wait until the patch).

Also, I may be adding a bunch more players to the database that are included in Spritze's database. I haven't decided yet but it would mean over a 1000 new players from Japan and career minor leaguers. If I do (or if I dont) I will create two versions of the database to help with the import speed issues. Namely one created for initial imports prior to a certain year and one for imports afterwards so it does not have to look through as much information to get the information.
__________________
Give me league evolution with historical imports!!!

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
http://www.ootpmods.com
Gambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Coreyettinger (09-30-2009)
Old 09-30-2009, 05:47 PM   #59
clamel
All Star Reserve
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Across the Pond
Posts: 895
Thanks: 92
Thanked 46x in 30 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo View Post
ettinger,

3) The game does not import salaries and payrolls into the game. They are included in the Lahman database but this information is not imported. If you want to import this stuff manually you will need to wait for the new patch where this is an option.

In addition,
(IMPORTANT)
The current version of the database will not work with the patched version of the game as there is at least one new file that will be used in the database (I do not have a copy of this file at this time to add to my database so we will have to wait until the patch).

Also, I may be adding a bunch more players to the database that are included in Spritze's database. I haven't decided yet but it would mean over a 1000 new players from Japan and career minor leaguers. If I do (or if I dont) I will create two versions of the database to help with the import speed issues. Namely one created for initial imports prior to a certain year and one for imports afterwards so it does not have to look through as much information to get the information.
PAYROLL import in this upcoming patch??? Is this true ???
What new file are you talking about ??
On that last stuff I hope you make separate files for Japanese players to import and then one with career minors, plus the whole thing in the third file.

Will you do something more than just add these 1000 players or so ??
Are you finished with the pitch selections ??
Well I guess that part can and will always be ongoing.....
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 05:59 PM   #60
bubba22plus
All Star Reserve
 
bubba22plus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Equestria
Posts: 808
Thanks: 45
Thanked 55x in 50 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo View Post
ettinger,

Keep in mind this is a database and not a league file.

1) What year are you trying to import? If your trying to do 2007 or 2008 then most of the guys like those you mentioned will not have much upside since they will be importing at what are pretty much their real statistics.

2) There is no way to import the real minor league teams.

3) The game does not import salaries and payrolls into the game. They are included in the Lahman database but this information is not imported. If you want to import this stuff manually you will need to wait for the new patch where this is an option.

In addition,
(IMPORTANT)
The current version of the database will not work with the patched version of the game as there is at least one new file that will be used in the database (I do not have a copy of this file at this time to add to my database so we will have to wait until the patch).

Also, I may be adding a bunch more players to the database that are included in Spritze's database. I haven't decided yet but it would mean over a 1000 new players from Japan and career minor leaguers. If I do (or if I dont) I will create two versions of the database to help with the import speed issues. Namely one created for initial imports prior to a certain year and one for imports afterwards so it does not have to look through as much information to get the information.
You're kidding right? Real Salaries and Payrolls?


































PARTAYYYY!!!!



EDIT: i peeked into this, and i'm disappointed, 1985-2007?
__________________
OOTP Resident Brony

Last edited by bubba22plus; 09-30-2009 at 06:00 PM.
bubba22plus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:53 PM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Out of the Park Developments