Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.5.52 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

MLB All-Star Game Special: Save 50% on OOTP 20!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-10-2014, 12:14 PM   #1
Dem Bums
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 4x in 4 posts
Posting system question

Is the posting system exclusive to NPB and MLB, or will it be possible to use it with the other international leagues or in our fictional universes?
Dem Bums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:55 PM   #2
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Thanked 8,791x in 4,412 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dem Bums View Post
Is the posting system exclusive to NPB and MLB, or will it be possible to use it with the other international leagues or in our fictional universes?
It can be used with any league.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 01:00 PM   #3
dward1
All Star Reserve

Thanked 222x in 165 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
It can be used with any league.
do you know if it is limited to players from only one country per league? that would be a little disappointing as some leagues will be drawing draft pools from more than one country. Alfonso Soriano, for example, would have been under the posting system if it existed at the time (and his move was one of the keys that helped create the system)
dward1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 01:29 PM   #4
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by dward1 View Post
do you know if it is limited to players from only one country per league? that would be a little disappointing as some leagues will be drawing draft pools from more than one country. Alfonso Soriano, for example, would have been under the posting system if it existed at the time (and his move was one of the keys that helped create the system)
I have no clue.

It really shouldn't be limited by country as foreign players have in fact been posted before. Will have to talk to Markus about that if I get the chance.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:51 PM   #5
kq76
Global Moderator

Thanked 937x in 527 posts
As per the newsletter:

Quote:
2. the player is a native of the league's main country
Not that I agree with that as I thought it was strange too. As said, Soriano was huge in the posting system's history. EDIT: Is it how it works in real life? The Soriano case was actually before the posting system came into effect, but it was the maybe the biggest impetus for it. There could conceivably be more Soriano-like situations in the future where a non-Japanese player goes to Japan and then wants to go to MLB. Surely they allow for that or are foreigners forbidden from being posted?

Last edited by kq76; 04-10-2014 at 02:02 PM.
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:16 PM   #6
dward1
All Star Reserve

Several Latin American players have come to the US via the NPB posting system, Ramon Ramirez being one of them, so in real life nationality doesn't have anything to do with it. I hope we can turn that option off as it doesn't seem to really add much and will keep me from using the posting system as I hoped and how it works in real life
Thank you for this post:
Lukas Berger (04-10-2014)
Old 04-10-2014, 02:23 PM   #7
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Several Latin American players have come to the US via the NPB posting system, Ramon Ramirez being one of them, so in real life nationality doesn't have anything to do with it. I hope we can turn that option off as it doesn't seem to really add much and will keep me from using the posting system as I hoped and how it works in real life
Yep. Talking to Markus about this. Will see what happens.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:58 PM   #8
dward1
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Yep. Talking to Markus about this. Will see what happens.

any news?
Old 04-13-2014, 09:09 PM   #9
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
any news?
Not really.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:17 PM   #10
dward1
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Not really.

thanks for checking it out then, I assume this means in this version all players will have to be from one country?
Old 04-13-2014, 10:37 PM   #11
struggles_mightily
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 79x in 38 posts
Quote:
Not really.
Any idea on why things are they way they are atm, Lukas? I assume it's probably not because Markus just doesn't know the rules. That suggests to me that it's because allowing non-Japanese players to post might lead to or expose doofy things within the transactions model as regards players moving between leagues of different calibers?
struggles_mightily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 05:55 PM   #12
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
thanks for checking it out then, I assume this means in this version all players will have to be from one country?
Quote:
Originally Posted by struggles_mightily View Post
Any idea on why things are they way they are atm, Lukas? I assume it's probably not because Markus just doesn't know the rules. That suggests to me that it's because allowing non-Japanese players to post might lead to or expose doofy things within the transactions model as regards players moving between leagues of different calibers?
Markus sorted this out.

Now it should be working more like irl where players who enter the NPB (or whatever league you set up posting in) through the league's draft mechanism can be posted, regardless of what nation they're from, while free agents signed from other leagues cannot be posted.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 04-14-2014 at 05:58 PM.
4 thanks for this post:
Cryomaniac (04-14-2014), dward1 (04-14-2014), old timer (04-15-2014), struggles_mightily (04-14-2014)
Old 04-14-2014, 08:28 PM   #13
clwalcott
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 48x in 25 posts
so, dumb question, but playing MLB 2014 season and onwards, there will be some obvious way to know this player is even being posted right?
clwalcott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:36 PM   #14
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by clwalcott View Post
so, dumb question, but playing MLB 2014 season and onwards, there will be some obvious way to know this player is even being posted right?
There's a section in the transactions screen for posted players. Just check there.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:46 PM   #15
dward1
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Markus sorted this out.

Now it should be working more like irl where players who enter the NPB (or whatever league you set up posting in) through the league's draft mechanism can be posted, regardless of what nation they're from, while free agents signed from other leagues cannot be posted.

brilliant news! this just jacked up my excitement level to 11.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:35 AM   #16
struggles_mightily
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 79x in 38 posts
Wonder how much Balentien would fetch as a postee?
struggles_mightily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:07 AM   #17
texasrangers13
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 6x in 5 posts
Balentien cannot be posted, didn't enter NPB organically. But he'll be a free agent.
texasrangers13 is offline   Reply With Quote