Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.5.52 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

MLB All-Star Game Special: Save 50% on OOTP 20!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-14-2014, 03:40 PM   #1
Kiko1313
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 13x in 5 posts
Question Best way to implement this league idea?

With the new feature of easily being able to include historical teams from different years in the same league, I came up with something I want to try, but not sure of the best way to go about it.

I want to use a promotion/relegation format with 3 tiers (Tier 1 - 1 league, Tier 2 - 2 leagues, Tier 3 - 4 leagues) including the all-time best teams (WS participants, plus teams with a minimum winning pct.). Over the course of time, the best teams will rise to the top (Tier 1) and we can see who the best of the best is.

My question is, I know we can turn off development, injuries, trading and the draft but is there a way of having the same roster/ratings for each team from year to year and also not have anyone retire? I basically want to run single seasons every year without having to create a new game every year. When testing this out in OOTP 14 (with teams from the same year) players would retire and new players would come in which would defeat the purpose of what I'm trying to do. I didn't check, but I'm assuming the ratings didn't change from year to year since I turned off development, but maybe I'm misinterpreting what that does.

I can create a new game for each season, but that would be extra work of course (especially since I also want to keep records and stats for teams and players). And if the only way to do this is by creating a new game, if I want all the settings the same, but only want to change the teams do I save the setup as a template or do I save the league as a quickstart? Haven't used either really, so not sure of the best way to go there.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Kiko1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:42 PM   #2
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Location: In a dark, damp cave where I'm training slugs to run the bases......
Thanked 4,415x in 2,732 posts
Make a copy of the league folder in the save games before you start your first season and set it aside. Then every time you are ready to run a new season just rename the old folder to something else and copy your backup into the saved games folder.
Questdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:32 AM   #3
Kiko1313
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 13x in 5 posts
I'll try that out, thanks.
Kiko1313 is offline   Reply With Quote