Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.5.52 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

MLB All-Star Game Special: Save 50% on OOTP 20!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2019, 09:39 PM   #1
cavacom
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Canada
Posts: 43
Thanks: 221
Thanked 22x in 7 posts
Perfect team All Star team



Last edited by cavacom; 02-25-2019 at 10:00 PM.
cavacom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 10:48 PM   #2
Orcin
Hall Of Famer
 
Orcin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 8,645
Thanks: 3,684
Thanked 7,336x in 3,620 posts
I have some of these cards and they darn sure aren't all-stars for me.
__________________


My Fictional Dynasty: Orcin's Story ; The Sequel: Orcin Returns ; The Conclusion: Orcin's Brave New World
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
the_mad_monk (02-26-2019)
Old 02-25-2019, 10:51 PM   #3
cavacom
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Canada
Posts: 43
Thanks: 221
Thanked 22x in 7 posts
these were the results of over 1000 ballots cast by the community
cavacom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 11:38 PM   #4
Orcin
Hall Of Famer
 
Orcin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 8,645
Thanks: 3,684
Thanked 7,336x in 3,620 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavacom View Post
these were the results of over 1000 ballots cast by the community
Where was this ballot?
__________________


My Fictional Dynasty: Orcin's Story ; The Sequel: Orcin Returns ; The Conclusion: Orcin's Brave New World
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 11:39 PM   #5
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve
 
DonkeyKongSr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 749
Thanks: 149
Thanked 486x in 280 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavacom View Post
these were the results of over 1000 ballots cast by the community
Such a weird list. It's a mix of cards that are really good that very few teams actually have, then cards that dominate league rosters, and then a few overachievers.
DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 11:54 PM   #6
cavacom
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Canada
Posts: 43
Thanks: 221
Thanked 22x in 7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Where was this ballot?
It was tweeted out by the community manager and also on the discord.
cavacom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:33 AM   #7
Orcin
Hall Of Famer
 
Orcin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 8,645
Thanks: 3,684
Thanked 7,336x in 3,620 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavacom View Post
It was tweeted out by the community manager and also on the discord.
There was nothing about it on the OOTPD forums or webpage?
__________________


My Fictional Dynasty: Orcin's Story ; The Sequel: Orcin Returns ; The Conclusion: Orcin's Brave New World
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:36 AM   #8
cavacom
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Canada
Posts: 43
Thanks: 221
Thanked 22x in 7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
There was nothing about it on the OOTPD forums or webpage?
I don't remember seeing anything on here but I know that the CM does indeed post here often.
cavacom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:39 AM   #9
Orcin
Hall Of Famer
 
Orcin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 8,645
Thanks: 3,684
Thanked 7,336x in 3,620 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavacom View Post
I don't remember seeing anything on here but I know that the CM does indeed post here often.
I don't remember seeing it here either, and I am on these forums a fair bit.

It's disappointing that the promotional end of the business doesn't seem to be interested in this portion of the community any longer.
__________________


My Fictional Dynasty: Orcin's Story ; The Sequel: Orcin Returns ; The Conclusion: Orcin's Brave New World
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
atabakin (02-26-2019), Kushiel (02-26-2019)
Old 02-26-2019, 09:56 AM   #10
Kushiel
All Star Starter
 
Kushiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Lake Dallas, Texas
Posts: 1,196
Thanks: 1,046
Thanked 831x in 521 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I don't remember seeing it here either, and I am on these forums a fair bit.

It's disappointing that the promotional end of the business doesn't seem to be interested in this portion of the community any longer.
I agree! I went to discord one day early in PT. I have not been back. There was more vitriol there in 30 minutes than I have seen here in 30 hours.
__________________
[/URL]
Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
atabakin (02-26-2019), Orcin (02-26-2019)
Old 02-26-2019, 10:04 AM   #11
<Pion>
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,343
Thanks: 96
Thanked 352x in 207 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
I agree! I went to discord one day early in PT. I have not been back. There was more vitriol there in 30 minutes than I have seen here in 30 hours.
My experiences in Discord has been a wild west where anything goes as far as scamming the game, or at a minimum, working between the lines. There is a lot of above the board positive information and teamwork, but there is the other side of the coin as well.
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Kushiel (02-26-2019)
Old 02-26-2019, 11:04 AM   #12
Neezer
Minors (Single A)
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 94
Thanks: 16
Thanked 27x in 13 posts
Is this for any level or just for Perfect Leagues? What does this say about the Ovr ratings of the cards. Shouldn't the "perfect team" or All-Star team or Best cards be all the 100 level cards for each position?
Neezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 11:07 AM   #13
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer
 
Matt Arnold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 8,487
Thanks: 975
Thanked 10,505x in 4,130 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezer View Post
Is this for any level or just for Perfect Leagues? What does this say about the Ovr ratings of the cards. Shouldn't the "perfect team" or All-Star team or Best cards be all the 100 level cards for each position?
They're all-stars in terms of fan votes, not necessarily talent.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 11:27 AM   #14
CrazyWR
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 418
Thanks: 241
Thanked 200x in 143 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezer View Post
Is this for any level or just for Perfect Leagues? What does this say about the Ovr ratings of the cards. Shouldn't the "perfect team" or All-Star team or Best cards be all the 100 level cards for each position?
a lot of perfect cards are not worth rostering at perfect level
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 11:40 AM   #15
Neezer
Minors (Single A)
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 94
Thanks: 16
Thanked 27x in 13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyWR View Post
a lot of perfect cards are not worth rostering at perfect level
Im sure approaching PT wrong then. I got some good input on SPs and RPs.

What should I be looking at for hitters?
Neezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 11:47 AM   #16
zrog2000
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 1,347
Thanks: 584
Thanked 886x in 528 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezer View Post
Im sure approaching PT wrong then. I got some good input on SPs and RPs.

What should I be looking at for hitters?
Don't discount contact and eye. Low contact high power guys tend to struggle a lot at higher levels.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:09 PM   #17
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve
 
DonkeyKongSr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 749
Thanks: 149
Thanked 486x in 280 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezer View Post
Im sure approaching PT wrong then. I got some good input on SPs and RPs.

What should I be looking at for hitters?
You could make a dominant Perfect League team with all diamonds, especially on the pitching side. 6 of the 12 Perfect SP aren't really worth of a roster spot on a Perfect League playoff team. Oh, and you can get by without Perfect Eckersley and Rivera in your BP too by putting diamond SP there.

Last edited by DonkeyKongSr; 02-26-2019 at 12:11 PM.
DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
cavacom (02-26-2019)
Old 02-26-2019, 01:31 PM   #18
Neezer
Minors (Single A)
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 94
Thanks: 16
Thanked 27x in 13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSr View Post
You could make a dominant Perfect League team with all diamonds, especially on the pitching side. 6 of the 12 Perfect SP aren't really worth of a roster spot on a Perfect League playoff team. Oh, and you can get by without Perfect Eckersley and Rivera in your BP too by putting diamond SP there.
Which 6 100 SPs should be avoided in PLs?
Neezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 01:42 PM   #19
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve
 
DonkeyKongSr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 749
Thanks: 149
Thanked 486x in 280 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezer View Post
Which 6 100 SPs should be avoided in PLs?
Feller
Sale
deGrom
Seaver
Koufax
Ohtani

A few of them can do fine in the bullpen, or perhaps you'll get an a occasional good #5 starting season during the high end variance seasons, but they won't be consistent enough to be anything more.

There's 30-50 starting pitchers that pitch better than each of those guys, so when you are talking about elite rotations, they don't have much of a place.

Last edited by DonkeyKongSr; 02-26-2019 at 01:43 PM.
DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 11:51 AM   #20
Neezer
Minors (Single A)
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 94
Thanks: 16
Thanked 27x in 13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSr View Post
Feller
Sale
deGrom
Seaver
Koufax
Ohtani

A few of them can do fine in the bullpen, or perhaps you'll get an a occasional good #5 starting season during the high end variance seasons, but they won't be consistent enough to be anything more.

There's 30-50 starting pitchers that pitch better than each of those guys, so when you are talking about elite rotations, they don't have much of a place.
Who would you consider to be the elite SPs for PT? Top 15 will do.
Neezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:10 PM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Out of the Park Developments