Home | Webstore
Latest News: Update OOTP 19.7 is online - OOTP 19 Available! - MLB Manager 2018 Available Now - FHM 4 Available

MLB All-Star Game Special - Save 50% on OOTP and 60% on MLB Manager!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 11-24-2017, 05:17 AM   #1
jmknpk2
All Star Reserve

Thanked 186x in 111 posts
National Anthem

Way down on the priority list of new features.

It would be nice to hear the national anthem and simulation of ceremonies such as the first pitch (announcer, then applause) before the first pitch is thrown. Maybe even while I am in the starting lineup screen.
jmknpk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 thanks for this post:
Padreman (12-16-2017), The Game (12-03-2017), Twinkie the Kid (12-03-2017)
Old 12-03-2017, 12:29 PM   #2
jeffisageek
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
I agree.. that would be a nice little touch to the game.. an option you could select for a league.
jeffisageek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 05:45 PM   #3
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Reserve

Thanked 158x in 102 posts
I like the anthem / ceremonies idea as well. Make you feel even more like you are there at your game!
ForeverRoyalKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 10:22 PM   #4
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

Thanked 312x in 247 posts
Even better: the option to add an AAC file to be the song that you open the game with. Imagine playing "Hotline Bling" before games.

- Darius
TheMaus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 12:38 PM   #5
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

Thanked 2,022x in 1,464 posts
I am removing all the political statements and semi-political statements from this thread. If they start up again, we'll have to move it to another forum. Please be respectful of each other - thanks.
3 thanks for this post:
Andy (12-14-2017), kq76 (12-15-2017), TheMaus2 (12-14-2017)
Old 01-03-2018, 07:11 AM   #6
rexrowland
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 5x in 3 posts
Not only the Star Spangled Banner and O Canada, but I'd like to have other nation's anthems available as well. I have leagues on other continents. I can't imagine it would be too difficult to add some public domain sound files.
rexrowland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 08:35 AM   #7
Rosco Peabody
All Star Reserve

Thanked 294x in 188 posts
My first thought on this, aside from people's political opinions being different on it, would be how difficult it would be to include the national anthem because so many people play fictional leagues from other countries.

What if, like my league, you have a team in England, Mexico, and Japan?

It seems like it would be a lot of work for a very limited reward
Rosco Peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 10:08 AM   #8
Airdrop01
All Star Starter

Thanked 629x in 322 posts
Dude, that was one of the cool things back in MicroLeague! (Unless I’m misremembering)!
Old 01-08-2018, 06:45 PM   #9
Brad K
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 28x in 19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexrowland View Post
Not only the Star Spangled Banner and O Canada, but I'd like to have other nation's anthems available as well. I have leagues on other continents. I can't imagine it would be too difficult to add some public domain sound files.
Yea, let's play the national anthem for the home country of every player on the teams. And the coaches. The ball and bat people. The groundskeepers.

A good concert would get more people in the stands at Tropicana than the Rays do!!!
Brad K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 09:54 PM   #10
RedbirdFan6
Bat Boy

Thanked 10x in 6 posts
What if it was on for only the big games. Such as All Star game, Playoffs, World Series, ect.

Feel like it might get a little repetitive after a while. Definitely if you were playing lots of games. Having it for the big games would make you realize the importance of the game. They usually air the national anthem on tv only for the big games anyway.
RedbirdFan6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 08:01 AM   #11
Rosco Peabody
All Star Reserve

Thanked 294x in 188 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedbirdFan6 View Post
What if it was on for only the big games. Such as All Star game, Playoffs, World Series, ect.

Feel like it might get a little repetitive after a while. Definitely if you were playing lots of games. Having it for the big games would make you realize the importance of the game. They usually air the national anthem on tv only for the big games anyway.
"Repetitive after awhile"- definitely agree

"What if it was only on for big games?"- That's a great idea, but not necessarily the anthem. I think it would be cool if there was some sort of change for the playoffs, maybe a customizable one. Some kind of change to the screen. Maybe there are banners or something, I don't know. Maybe the scoreboard menus are a little different
Rosco Peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 08:21 AM   #12
Mr. Marlin
All Star Reserve

Thanked 707x in 404 posts
There are 195 sovereign countries in the world. They should all be in there. You never know where I might put a league. And I want my world series games to be sung in the voice of celebrities, a different one for each game. And I want fireworks when I win.

So get to work! Because this is important right?

Mr. Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
Brad K (01-10-2018), Rosco Peabody (01-10-2018)
Old 01-13-2018, 01:33 AM   #13
SuperHappyTime
Bat Boy

Thanked 13x in 11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CONN CHRIS View Post
I am removing all the political statements and semi-political statements from this thread. If they start up again, we'll have to move it to another forum. Please be respectful of each other - thanks.
Glad to see OOTP Mods are staying non-political. Even if I am on one side of the issue, and don't understand the other side's actions (or rather do, and see it as insulting).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosco Peabody View Post
My first thought on this, aside from people's political opinions being different on it, would be how difficult it would be to include the national anthem because so many people play fictional leagues from other countries.

What if, like my league, you have a team in England, Mexico, and Japan?

It seems like it would be a lot of work for a very limited reward
I haven't been to, or seen many, sporting events outside of of these countries. They don't show "God Save the Queen" during Premier League matches on NBCSN, but it is played pre-match for England during the World Cup (2010 US vs UK was the greatest 1-1 victory in US Soccer history). In fact most countries get their anthem pre-match in World Cup. In the Olympics it's played for the gold medalist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosco Peabody View Post
"Repetitive after awhile"- definitely agree

"What if it was only on for big games?"- That's a great idea, but not necessarily the anthem. I think it would be cool if there was some sort of change for the playoffs, maybe a customizable one. Some kind of change to the screen. Maybe there are banners or something, I don't know. Maybe the scoreboard menus are a little different
I'm going to point toward NHL '94 for the PC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOj9epI4cpk @ 1:29. They play the last few bars of the anthem and immediately drop the puck. So you start the game with players lined up, play those last few bars with everybody in pose, then the home team takes the field, the visitors scurry off to the dugout, and the game begins.

It'd be epic!
SuperHappyTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:16 AM   #14
SirMichaelJordan
All Star Starter

Thanked 834x in 508 posts
I rather see the pawns line up for the anthem during big games, having music for every country seems like a task with very few reward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SirMichaelJordan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:27 PM   #15
Mr. Marlin
All Star Reserve

Thanked 707x in 404 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMichaelJordan View Post
I rather see the pawns line up for the anthem during big games, having music for every country seems like a task with very few reward.

That was sarcasm. The whole idea is a task with little reward IMO.
Mr. Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 05:24 PM   #16
Brad K
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 28x in 19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMichaelJordan View Post

July 2, 2018
The Bleacher Retort
St. Petersburg FL

The attendance challenged Tampa Bay Rays experimental program to fill the stands (or at least visibly reduce the number of empty seats at Tropicana Field) seems to be paying off. Attendance has increased so much this year post game traffic has become a problem. The St Pete PD has had to double the number of officers assigned to direct traffic. There are now four.

The Rays now provide a pregame concert featuring the National Anthem of the country of every player, manager, and coach at the game. And fans are responding by coming to the pregame concerts.

Rays President Matt Silverman said today that he actually can't take credit for the idea. "I read about the suggestion on an internet message board called ootp. I don't know how this subject is on the board. I think the board has something to do with French Samurai culture. They also talk about something called swordmetrics or something like that.

Those fans who have experienced the pregame National Anthem concerts are positive about the addition. "It will get me to the park more often" said Herb Widdle. "In the past I've only gone when the Yankees are there."

Mark Ferguson, owner of nearby Ferg's Sports Bar, says he's sure the program has helped attendance. "After the games I see a lot more BoSox caps here."

Silverman is mentioned expanding the program to include the Anthems of not just players, managers, and coaches, but also the anthems of hot dog vendors, ticket takers, floor sweepers, and one selected randomly from the fans attending the concert.

Owner Stuart Sternberg has urged Silverman to be cautious, telling him "Don't make this too good. Its coming out of your paycheck if we lose revenue sharing money."
Brad K is offline   Reply With Quote