Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 18.8.76 Update Available - OOTP 18 Available - FHM 4 Available - MLB Manager 2017 Available Now

Offseason Discount: OOTP Baseball 18 is 50% Off!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2017, 05:12 PM   #1
Juggernt
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 46
Thanks: 5
Thanked 14x in 8 posts
More Robust Game Play

OotP is clearly superior to other games in many ways. The in-game play is something which I would love to see improved for future versions for manual in-game management. To wit:

1. There's a great deal of station-to-station baseball. Hits that look like runners should advance another base often don't take them.

2. While there are some choices when it comes to sending runners or not, I'd love to see the level of choices we get in something like the APBA Master game--when there is 0 or 100% chance of course, we don't need to have the option, but when chances are in between, having the option (perhaps even setting a threshold-"Always take the base when it's above 80%" or some such) would be a great feature. Likewise, playing the cut-off is an important baseball decision which it would be nice to work in.

3. The number of "dice results" is limited. Ninety games into the season, I'm pretty sure I know them all by not. We're not dealing with printed game boards anymore, so I'd like to see more variety in what happens. There don't have to be twenty different ground balls to the shortstop or anything, but the occasional unusual play would be nice.

4. Being able to move on-hand cash into other places of the budget. Too many deals get nixed when neither team can afford the players (with equal salaries and even fiddling with the retain option).

5. Opting out of the All-Star game. I wouldn't want to cheat my players out of bonuses or anything, but I also don't want to gas my best pitchers if I'm in the middle of a tight pennant race.
Juggernt is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
wallewalls (12-14-2017)
Old 12-15-2017, 01:58 PM   #2
Jerry Helper
Minors (Double A)
 
Jerry Helper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 126
Thanks: 54
Thanked 47x in 31 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernt View Post
OotP is clearly superior to other games in many ways. The in-game play is something which I would love to see improved for future versions for manual in-game management. To wit:

1. There's a great deal of station-to-station baseball. Hits that look like runners should advance another base often don't take them.

2. While there are some choices when it comes to sending runners or not, I'd love to see the level of choices we get in something like the APBA Master game--when there is 0 or 100% chance of course, we don't need to have the option, but when chances are in between, having the option (perhaps even setting a threshold-"Always take the base when it's above 80%" or some such) would be a great feature. Likewise, playing the cut-off is an important baseball decision which it would be nice to work in.

3. The number of "dice results" is limited. Ninety games into the season, I'm pretty sure I know them all by not. We're not dealing with printed game boards anymore, so I'd like to see more variety in what happens. There don't have to be twenty different ground balls to the shortstop or anything, but the occasional unusual play would be nice.

4. Being able to move on-hand cash into other places of the budget. Too many deals get nixed when neither team can afford the players (with equal salaries and even fiddling with the retain option).

5. Opting out of the All-Star game. I wouldn't want to cheat my players out of bonuses or anything, but I also don't want to gas my best pitchers if I'm in the middle of a tight pennant race.
I'm fairly certain you can already opt out of having an all star game.
Jerry Helper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 02:04 PM   #3
mitchkenn
All Star Starter
 
mitchkenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,393
Thanks: 848
Thanked 633x in 405 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Helper View Post
I'm fairly certain you can already opt out of having an all star game.
i've never used the all-star game ..... there's a check box for it, but not at my game and i can't recall if it's under historical or exactly where.
__________________
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"I'd play for half my salary if I could hit in this dump [Wrigley] all the time." - Babe Ruth
"I don't put no foreign substances on the baseball. Everything I use is from the good old U.S.A." - George Frazier, Yankee pitcher 1981-83
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt
Avatar is the great Oscar Charleston.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 02:22 PM   #4
Andy
All Star Starter
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 1,959
Thanks: 573
Thanked 189x in 112 posts
Not sure, but I feel like he is saying certain players should opt out of the all star game, not doing away with the game completely.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
mitchkenn (12-16-2017)
Old 12-15-2017, 03:42 PM   #5
Juggernt
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 46
Thanks: 5
Thanked 14x in 8 posts
Yeah, I still like the idea of the game, I'd just like the ability to choose whether or not my players participate--mostly for pitchers, it could be a thing.
Juggernt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 05:49 PM   #6
RchW
Hall Of Famer
 
RchW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Waiting for Diamond Lil
Posts: 14,071
Thanks: 4,751
Thanked 4,881x in 2,993 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernt View Post
Yeah, I still like the idea of the game, I'd just like the ability to choose whether or not my players participate--mostly for pitchers, it could be a thing.
Bench player applies to ASG. Been doing it for a couple of seasons. My ace had pitched 8 innings the Sunday before the last time I did it.
__________________
Cheers

RichW

So much for personality. Albert Belle, a complete nut job was never traded and was the highest paid player in the game, twice!
My wife works here https://www.google.ca/maps/place/52%...!3m1!1s0x0:0x0
#Alternativefacts=lies
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:38 PM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2015 Out of the Park Developments