Home | Webstore
Latest News: Update OOTP 19.7 is online - OOTP 19 Available! - MLB Manager 2018 Available Now - FHM 4 Available

MLB All-Star Game Special - Save 50% on OOTP and 60% on MLB Manager!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 12-14-2017, 04:12 PM   #1
Juggernt
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 38x in 23 posts
More Robust Game Play

OotP is clearly superior to other games in many ways. The in-game play is something which I would love to see improved for future versions for manual in-game management. To wit:

1. There's a great deal of station-to-station baseball. Hits that look like runners should advance another base often don't take them.

2. While there are some choices when it comes to sending runners or not, I'd love to see the level of choices we get in something like the APBA Master game--when there is 0 or 100% chance of course, we don't need to have the option, but when chances are in between, having the option (perhaps even setting a threshold-"Always take the base when it's above 80%" or some such) would be a great feature. Likewise, playing the cut-off is an important baseball decision which it would be nice to work in.

3. The number of "dice results" is limited. Ninety games into the season, I'm pretty sure I know them all by not. We're not dealing with printed game boards anymore, so I'd like to see more variety in what happens. There don't have to be twenty different ground balls to the shortstop or anything, but the occasional unusual play would be nice.

4. Being able to move on-hand cash into other places of the budget. Too many deals get nixed when neither team can afford the players (with equal salaries and even fiddling with the retain option).

5. Opting out of the All-Star game. I wouldn't want to cheat my players out of bonuses or anything, but I also don't want to gas my best pitchers if I'm in the middle of a tight pennant race.
Juggernt is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
wallewalls (12-14-2017)
Old 12-15-2017, 12:58 PM   #2
Jerry Helper
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 197x in 108 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernt View Post
OotP is clearly superior to other games in many ways. The in-game play is something which I would love to see improved for future versions for manual in-game management. To wit:

1. There's a great deal of station-to-station baseball. Hits that look like runners should advance another base often don't take them.

2. While there are some choices when it comes to sending runners or not, I'd love to see the level of choices we get in something like the APBA Master game--when there is 0 or 100% chance of course, we don't need to have the option, but when chances are in between, having the option (perhaps even setting a threshold-"Always take the base when it's above 80%" or some such) would be a great feature. Likewise, playing the cut-off is an important baseball decision which it would be nice to work in.

3. The number of "dice results" is limited. Ninety games into the season, I'm pretty sure I know them all by not. We're not dealing with printed game boards anymore, so I'd like to see more variety in what happens. There don't have to be twenty different ground balls to the shortstop or anything, but the occasional unusual play would be nice.

4. Being able to move on-hand cash into other places of the budget. Too many deals get nixed when neither team can afford the players (with equal salaries and even fiddling with the retain option).

5. Opting out of the All-Star game. I wouldn't want to cheat my players out of bonuses or anything, but I also don't want to gas my best pitchers if I'm in the middle of a tight pennant race.
I'm fairly certain you can already opt out of having an all star game.
Jerry Helper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 01:04 PM   #3
mitchkenn
All Star Starter

Thanked 916x in 587 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Helper View Post
I'm fairly certain you can already opt out of having an all star game.
i've never used the all-star game ..... there's a check box for it, but not at my game and i can't recall if it's under historical or exactly where.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 01:22 PM   #4
Andy
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 283x in 160 posts
Not sure, but I feel like he is saying certain players should opt out of the all star game, not doing away with the game completely.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
mitchkenn (12-16-2017)
Old 12-15-2017, 02:42 PM   #5
Juggernt
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 38x in 23 posts
Yeah, I still like the idea of the game, I'd just like the ability to choose whether or not my players participate--mostly for pitchers, it could be a thing.
Juggernt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 04:49 PM   #6
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 5,047x in 3,086 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernt View Post
Yeah, I still like the idea of the game, I'd just like the ability to choose whether or not my players participate--mostly for pitchers, it could be a thing.
Bench player applies to ASG. Been doing it for a couple of seasons. My ace had pitched 8 innings the Sunday before the last time I did it.

RichW

So much for personality. Albert Belle, a complete nut job was never traded and was the highest paid player in the game, twice!

#Alternativefacts=lies
RchW is online now   Reply With Quote