Home | Webstore
Latest News: FHM 5 Available - Update OOTP 19.8 is online - OOTP 19 Available! - MLB Manager 2018 Available Now

World Series Special! OOTP 19 is 75% Off Until Nov. 1!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 12-17-2017, 10:25 AM   #161
mitchkenn
All Star Starter

Thanked 977x in 630 posts
IF you really want women in your league, you don't need to have the developers come to the rescue. You can edit, or create, a player ... use the face-gen program mentioned in the mods section and you'll have women in the league.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...light=face+gen

i ran a test last night, created Catherine Zeta-Jones as a LF for my Class A team. Didn't do very good job on the face-gen, but it was the first one i've done and it took me a couple of hours to figure out a few things on the program. (maybe is should have read the online manual ... i think i saw a link for it in the program?)
but the point being, you can add women to your leagues if it's important. Create a player, edit the name stats, etc - create a face-gen and you're in biz. The only thing that doesn't change is the "he, him" pronouns to describe the person in the texts.
Attached Images
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.

Last edited by mitchkenn; 12-17-2017 at 09:19 PM. Reason: add link to face-gen
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 08:54 PM   #162
itsmb8
Major Leagues

Thanked 191x in 100 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchkenn View Post
IF you really want women in your league, you don't need to have the developers come to the rescue. You can edit, or create, a player ... use the face-gen program mentioned in the mods section and you'll have women in the league.
i ran a test last night, created Catherine Zeta-Jones as a LF for my Class A team. Didn't do very good job on the face-gen, but it was the first one i've done and it took me a couple of hours to figure out a few things on the program. (maybe is should have read the online manual ... i think i saw a link for it in the program?)
but the point being, you can add women to your leagues if it's important. Create a player, edit the name stats, etc - create a face-gen and you're in biz. The only thing that doesn't change is the "he, him" pronouns to describe the person in the texts.
Is the facegen program free?
itsmb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 09:01 PM   #163
mitchkenn
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8 View Post
Is the facegen program free?
the demo version is. it leaves a mark on the forehead, but once the game puts a hat on it, it disappears.
the program needs to be the modeller ... and it took me a bit to navigate around it (well, 3 hours to get my first facegen working....) but maybe i should have read the tutorial ...
here's a link to the page i found it - where i downloaded it.
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...light=face+gen

just be certain where you save the face-gen and be certain it's saved as a .fg - i had a difficult time finding where that was at first .... but once i did, and entered the face-gen from the editor profile page, the correct hats and unis are all auto placed.

good luck. have fun.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen

Old 12-18-2017, 01:06 AM   #164
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 2,949x in 2,366 posts
I have about 200 women facegens for any who want them. Not all are ones i made, i also take requests.
mitchkenn (12-19-2017)
Old 12-18-2017, 07:03 AM   #165
ohiodevil
All Star Starter

Thanked 455x in 312 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaus2 View Post

Although I'd to see a female ballplayers in my leagues, this is something to add after other things (like being able to mess with how many innings you can play in regulation)
Eri Yoshida is already in the game if you use the real world quick start and enable the Japanese Indy Leagues.......
ohiodevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 05:47 PM   #166
mitchkenn
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
I have about 200 women facegens for any who want them. Not all are ones i made, i also take requests.
since i've changed from semi-historical to fictional in my games, i'd be interested in seeing that! Shoot me a PM or email or whatever ... thanks.

Old 12-19-2017, 07:04 PM   #167
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

Thanked 209x in 150 posts
Quote:
Do you enable females in the app.cfg file as well? If so, does it make any difference?
mitchkenn (12-19-2017), The Game (12-21-2017)
Old 12-19-2017, 07:35 PM   #168
mitchkenn
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER11JP View Post
Do you enable females in the app.cfg file as well? If so, does it make any difference?
didn't even know that existed ..... might have to try it, or might be wiser to wait until an experienced player speaks about it. sort of nervous about messing with those type of files. This is from the manual ......

"facegen_female_faces Sets whether FaceGen will generate female faces. (Values: 0=No female face, 1=Female faces"

This is sort of confusing ... are all the faces to be female if changed to "1", or some or random or .... dunno, anyone tried this???

But, THANKS for letting us uneducated to know this even existed.

Last edited by mitchkenn; 12-19-2017 at 08:58 PM. Reason: put in quote from manual
Thank you for this post:
The Game (12-21-2017)
Old 12-20-2017, 09:30 PM   #169
mitchkenn
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER11JP View Post
see this post for an explanation:
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...56&postcount=3

the test i ran seems to indicate a few female names will be generated at random.

Thank you for this post:
The Game (12-21-2017)
Old 12-21-2017, 04:05 AM   #170
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
didn't even know that existed ..... might have to try it, or might be wiser to wait until an experienced player speaks about it. sort of nervous about messing with those type of files. This is from the manual ......

"facegen_female_faces Sets whether FaceGen will generate female faces. (Values: 0=No female face, 1=Female faces"

This is sort of confusing ... are all the faces to be female if changed to "1", or some or random or .... dunno, anyone tried this???

But, THANKS for letting us uneducated to know this even existed.
Gonna have to play around with this later on. Never knew it existed.
I thought I knew all the oddities of baseball, even the Negro Leagues.
i never knew that there were 3 women that played for the Indianapolis Clowns.
Maybe i have heard of Toni Stone but not sure. Baseball Ref doesnt have stats for any of them but Mamie "Peanut" Johnson passed away yesterday at 92.
mitchkenn (12-21-2017)
Old 12-21-2017, 09:23 AM   #171
mitchkenn
All Star Starter

Quote:
Gonna have to play around with this later on. Never knew it existed.
I thought I knew all the oddities of baseball, even the Negro Leagues.
Maybe i have heard of Toni Stone but not sure. Baseball Ref doesnt have stats for any of them but Mamie "Peanut" Johnson passed away yesterday at 92.
i couldn't find any stats for Toni Stone on Seamheads, but Wiki had this: " During the fifty games that Stone played for the Clowns, she maintained a .243 batting average, and one of her hits was off the legendary Satchel Paige."

not much, but better than nothing.

Thank you for this post:
The Game (12-22-2017)
Old 12-22-2017, 02:34 PM   #172
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,762x in 887 posts
Quote:
By the time that the Clowns hired women to play for them, the Negro Leagues were little more than a bunch of semi-pro barnstormers that occasionally played each other. All of the best talent had been (or soon would be) grabbed by major league clubs. The Clowns, in particular, lived up to their name as a circus act masquerading as a baseball team. They were pretty much the Harlem Globetrotters of baseball. Nothing wrong with that, of course - they entertained a lot of people well into the 1980s. But the women who played on the Clowns weren't even facing A-level competition.
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
mitchkenn (12-22-2017)
Old 12-22-2017, 08:34 PM   #173
mitchkenn
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefromchicago View Post
By the time that the Clowns hired women to play for them, the Negro Leagues were little more than a bunch of semi-pro barnstormers that occasionally played each other. All of the best talent had been (or soon would be) grabbed by major league clubs. The Clowns, in particular, lived up to their name as a circus act masquerading as a baseball team. They were pretty much the Harlem Globetrotters of baseball. Nothing wrong with that, of course - they entertained a lot of people well into the 1980s. But the women who played on the Clowns weren't even facing A-level competition.
you are absolutely correct in your statement. The females were hired to build attendance in a dying league.
But i believe the original poster merely was asking for females to be in the game so he could edit them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnyhaha View Post
Is there any chance you could add an option to edit the player's gender ?
Cuz i really want to play some female characters with my editing.
Thanks.
That was the point of my posts. A How to Do It if you really want it. In a fictional world, anything is possible. In real MLB ... very unlikely a female would become a super=star, even if (when?) they get into the game as things stand today.
Anyway, i liked your take on this. I'd almost forgotten how depleted the negro Leagues were by the early '50's.

Last edited by mitchkenn; 12-22-2017 at 08:39 PM.
Thank you for this post:
joefromchicago (12-23-2017)
Old 12-23-2017, 07:52 AM   #174
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefromchicago View Post
Bingo Long is based on the Clowns barnstorming.
Old 12-23-2017, 11:10 AM   #175
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,762x in 887 posts
Quote:
you are absolutely correct in your statement. The females were hired to build attendance in a dying league.
But i believe the original poster merely was asking for females to be in the game so he could edit them.
I guess I was trying to emphasize a point that I made earlier in the thread: the challenge with adding women isn't just the whole pronoun issue, it's incorporating a realistic player-development model for women. We simply don't have enough data to make a model, and noting that one woman, in what amounted to a semi-pro league in the 1950s, hit .243 against men doesn't really advance our knowledge very much.

It's a sad but unavoidable fact that women don't possess the same sort of upper-body strength as men. I suspect that, if a woman ever made it to professional baseball as a batter, she'd have stats somewhat like those of Willie Keeler - lots of singles, a few doubles, practically no home runs. Those types of players are increasingly rare in MLB today. Such a player would need to have at least one other skill in order to stick with a team - e.g. blazing speed like Dee Gordon or a superior glove like Ender Inciarte. Likewise, an all-female league would probably look a lot like MLB during the deadball era - plenty of singles and stolen bases, not many home runs.

Or maybe not - I don't know, but then nobody knows. We could use the stats from the AAGPBL, but that didn't last very long and only provides data for the 1940s-'50s. There just isn't enough information available to create a realistic player-development model. As a result, we'd either have to go with incomplete information or have women develop according to the same model as men. I'm no sure either is an acceptable approach.
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 12:14 PM   #176
mitchkenn
All Star Starter

post deleted by user.

Last edited by mitchkenn; 12-23-2017 at 12:15 PM.
Old 03-31-2018, 02:41 PM   #177
Crimguy
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 55x in 20 posts
I'm going to toss my vote for female players as an option only. In my university my son is currently in the bigs hitting a mediocre .230 but with all 5 tools, so he could develop.

My 8 year old daughter is chucking at 99mph in my AAA team. Cost me a mint to pick her up - she didn't want to sign for anyone in the draft so I lost my chance and had to trade for her at a later date.

However, she looks like Pete Incaviglia and is 6' 4". And she's a man. So we are crushing her self esteem and giving her identity issues.

Look at it this way, with a few mods and additions, someday the game could double as Out of the Park Softball as well ;-D
Crimguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
The Game (04-02-2018)
Old 03-31-2018, 05:15 PM   #178
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

Thanked 209x in 150 posts
I don't think we have enough data to do justice to this. And I am talking historic baseball data. Maybe just cloning Pete Incaviglia will work?
Old 03-31-2018, 08:58 PM   #179
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,932x in 1,125 posts
Please make this thread go away ��
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
ohiodevil (04-01-2018)
Old 04-01-2018, 09:25 AM   #180
bbgods
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 9x in 5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimguy View Post
I'm going to toss my vote for female players as an option only. In my university my son is currently in the bigs hitting a mediocre .230 but with all 5 tools, so he could develop.

My 8 year old daughter is chucking at 99mph in my AAA team. Cost me a mint to pick her up - she didn't want to sign for anyone in the draft so I lost my chance and had to trade for her at a later date.

However, she looks like Pete Incaviglia and is 6' 4". And she's a man. So we are crushing her self esteem and giving her identity issues.

Look at it this way, with a few mods and additions, someday the game could double as Out of the Park Softball as well ;-D

Yes! And some day there will be a female-identified MLB player. Great idea to include your children in the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bbgods is offline   Reply With Quote