Home | Webstore
Latest News: Update OOTP 19.7 is online - OOTP 19 Available! - MLB Manager 2018 Available Now - FHM 4 Available

MLB All-Star Game Special - Save 50% on OOTP and 60% on MLB Manager!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2017, 11:54 AM   #61
David Watts
Hall Of Famer
 
David Watts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Looking for a place called Leehofooks
Posts: 5,863
Thanks: 4,083
Thanked 4,010x in 2,082 posts
Infractions: 0/1 (1)
I just finished up season 3(1986) last night. Joey Votto picked up his second MVP in 3 seasons(back to back). I fast sim the 1st two months of each season and play out the rest. Votto shows no signs of slowing down. He's hitting .393 on June 1st 1987. 1984's MVP Jose Abreau is topping Votto though hitting .403 with 17 bombs. Votto plays for the New York Ambassadors. He hits 3rd in the lineup right in front of Chipper Jones. Jones is no slouch either, but has dealt with a couple injuries. The Ambassadors are the defending champs and have won the AL 2 years in a row. But, 1987 has them playing just a game over .500 and middle of the pack.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
actionjackson (03-16-2017)
Old 03-16-2017, 12:05 PM   #62
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer
 
actionjackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 4,656
Thanks: 6,872
Thanked 2,792x in 1,703 posts
Tell me about it re: injuries. I've already reset Oscar Charleston's injury rating down once and the game has pumped it up again in the month plus of OOTP time since I did it. Injuries are necessary to get as many people as possible as much playing time as possible, but geez, I want to see what the guy can do. He's a 6.0 WAR player per 162 games with tremendous power, which is easily HoF material, but he's only played 263 games in 3 seasons so far.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 12:59 PM   #63
David Watts
Hall Of Famer
 
David Watts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Looking for a place called Leehofooks
Posts: 5,863
Thanks: 4,083
Thanked 4,010x in 2,082 posts
Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
Tell me about it re: injuries. I've already reset Oscar Charleston's injury rating down once and the game has pumped it up again in the month plus of OOTP time since I did it. Injuries are necessary to get as many people as possible as much playing time as possible, but geez, I want to see what the guy can do. He's a 6.0 WAR player per 162 games with tremendous power, which is easily HoF material, but he's only played 263 games in 3 seasons so far.
I'm using normal for the first time in a while instead of high. Still getting quite a few hits though.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 03:23 PM   #64
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer
 
actionjackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 4,656
Thanks: 6,872
Thanked 2,792x in 1,703 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
I'm using normal for the first time in a while instead of high. Still getting quite a few hits though.
I'm happy with what high gets me. I think about 85% of the players that have come into my league have had at least one appearance at their positions before retiring. That's the positive side of injuries if there is one.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 10:02 PM   #65
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer
 
actionjackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 4,656
Thanks: 6,872
Thanked 2,792x in 1,703 posts
Some notable HoFers with RL connections to your beloved Tigers David Watts, as my game has now passed its 50th season. Miguel Cabrera.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by actionjackson; 03-16-2017 at 10:11 PM.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
David Watts (03-20-2017)
Old 03-16-2017, 10:12 PM   #66
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer
 
actionjackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 4,656
Thanks: 6,872
Thanked 2,792x in 1,703 posts
Rocky Colavito.
Attached Images
Image Image 
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
David Watts (03-20-2017)
Old 03-16-2017, 10:16 PM   #67
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer
 
actionjackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 4,656
Thanks: 6,872
Thanked 2,792x in 1,703 posts
Jim Bunning.
Attached Images
Image Image 
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
David Watts (03-20-2017)
Old 03-16-2017, 10:21 PM   #68
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer
 
actionjackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 4,656
Thanks: 6,872
Thanked 2,792x in 1,703 posts
Norm Cash.
Attached Images
Image Image 
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
David Watts (03-20-2017)
Old 03-16-2017, 10:26 PM   #69
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer
 
actionjackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 4,656
Thanks: 6,872
Thanked 2,792x in 1,703 posts
Victor Martinez.
Attached Images
Image Image 
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
David Watts (03-20-2017)
Old 03-16-2017, 10:32 PM   #70
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer
 
actionjackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 4,656
Thanks: 6,872
Thanked 2,792x in 1,703 posts
Earl Whitehill. (Well before our time )
Attached Images
Image Image 
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
David Watts (03-20-2017)
Old 03-19-2017, 05:03 PM   #71
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer
 
actionjackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 4,656
Thanks: 6,872
Thanked 2,792x in 1,703 posts
My list of teams and their number of playoff trips and championships through the first 50 seasons of this dynasty (this snap was taken before the results of 1951 playoffs became official, so there are 200 different playoff teams [4 teams every year * 50 seasons] and 50 champions). As you can see, the Yankees lead the way with 8 championships, followed by the Pirates, Phillies, and Tigers with five each. Every team has at least one championship:
Attached Images
Image 

Last edited by actionjackson; 03-19-2017 at 05:10 PM.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
David Watts (03-20-2017)
Old 03-20-2017, 09:17 AM   #72
David Watts
Hall Of Famer
 
David Watts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Looking for a place called Leehofooks
Posts: 5,863
Thanks: 4,083
Thanked 4,010x in 2,082 posts
Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Looks like my 1987 AL is set to have an incredible finish. August 15th and I have 3 teams tied for 1st and another just a game and half out. The Cleveland Rockers, Minnesota Muskies and Milwaukee Admirals are all tied up, with the Dallas Gunslingers closing fast. Last years World Series winner, the New York Ambassadors are in contention as well. Cleveland has been a bottom feeder the first 3 seasons, but the high draft picks are starting to payoff. They just took a huge hit though, losing Ruben Sierra for the remainder of the season.

Meanwhile the Pittsburgh Bucs have a 6 game lead over the Houston Drillers and San Diego Friars in the NL. Of course, this could be a case of deja vu all over again, as Pittsburgh had this same lead last year going down the stretch only to see the Drillers catch them and take the pennant.

Joey Votto continues to lead the AL in hitting with a .363 average. Chipper Jones is second, but once again Jones has dealt with injuries. Jones just got his at bats high enough to qualify. Votto is also second in RBI to Paul Molitor. Molitor has 108, Votto 105.

Last edited by David Watts; 03-20-2017 at 02:02 PM.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
actionjackson (03-20-2017)
Old 03-20-2017, 06:00 PM   #73
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer
 
actionjackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 4,656
Thanks: 6,872
Thanked 2,792x in 1,703 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Looks like my 1987 AL is set to have an incredible finish. August 15th and I have 3 teams tied for 1st and another just a game and half out. The Cleveland Rockers, Minnesota Muskies and Milwaukee Admirals are all tied up, with the Dallas Gunslingers closing fast. Last years World Series winner, the New York Ambassadors are in contention as well. Cleveland has been a bottom feeder the first 3 seasons, but the high draft picks are starting to payoff. They just took a huge hit though, losing Ruben Sierra for the remainder of the season.

Meanwhile the Pittsburgh Bucs have a 6 game lead over the Houston Drillers and San Diego Friars in the NL. Of course, this could be a case of deja vu all over again, as Pittsburgh had this same lead last year going down the stretch only to see the Drillers catch them and take the pennant.

Joey Votto continues to lead the AL in hitting with a .363 average. Chipper Jones is second, but once again Jones has dealt with injuries. Jones just got his at bats high enough to qualify. Votto is also second in RBI to Paul Molitor. Molitor has 108, Votto 105.
How many games in a season in your league again?
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:03 PM   #74
David Watts
Hall Of Famer
 
David Watts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Looking for a place called Leehofooks
Posts: 5,863
Thanks: 4,083
Thanked 4,010x in 2,082 posts
Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
How many games in a season in your league again?
162. I'm using the 60's setup of 2 10 team league, no divisions.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
actionjackson (03-20-2017)
Old 03-23-2017, 08:05 AM   #75
Coltrane
Minors (Triple A)
 
Coltrane's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 220
Thanks: 422
Thanked 87x in 58 posts
Quick question for you two. I believe one of you is using stat output specifically tied to 1984. I'm wondering how that looks on the leader boards after many years of simming. Are there a bunch of guys tied or close to tied for HR record, hits etc? Or is there some disparity, like a Pete Rose hit king or Nolan Ryan strikeout type of record?
Coltrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:03 AM   #76
JaBurns
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Posts: 1,049
Thanks: 2,933
Thanked 472x in 374 posts
Another question for either of you; started a historical sim in 1901 (in OOTP18) with random debut. First two drafts look fine but the 1904 draft looks like it only has fictional players. Did I miss a setting? Thank you in advance.
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:32 AM   #77
David Watts
Hall Of Famer
 
David Watts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Looking for a place called Leehofooks
Posts: 5,863
Thanks: 4,083
Thanked 4,010x in 2,082 posts
Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaBurns View Post
Another question for either of you; started a historical sim in 1901 (in OOTP18) with random debut. First two drafts look fine but the 1904 draft looks like it only has fictional players. Did I miss a setting? Thank you in advance.
I don't have 18, so I'm not sure I can answer. With 17 and earlier, I've never experienced the game suddenly shifting to fictional players. By chance did the check box for import historical rookies get unchecked at some point?
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
actionjackson (03-23-2017)
Old 03-23-2017, 11:02 AM   #78
JaBurns
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Posts: 1,049
Thanks: 2,933
Thanked 472x in 374 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
I don't have 18, so I'm not sure I can answer. With 17 and earlier, I've never experienced the game suddenly shifting to fictional players. By chance did the check box for import historical rookies get unchecked at some point?
I will check thank you. If worst comes to worst I will just blow it up and start again; I have never tried this way but 2 1/2 seasons in it seems like fun!
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 11:26 AM   #79
David Watts
Hall Of Famer
 
David Watts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Looking for a place called Leehofooks
Posts: 5,863
Thanks: 4,083
Thanked 4,010x in 2,082 posts
Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaBurns View Post
I will check thank you. If worst comes to worst I will just blow it up and start again; I have never tried this way but 2 1/2 seasons in it seems like fun!
I love random debut. It allows me to experience the entire history of baseball(well from 1900 forward---I never use pre 1900 players) within whatever baseball environment I choose.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
JaBurns (03-23-2017)
Old 03-23-2017, 12:07 PM   #80
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer
 
actionjackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 4,656
Thanks: 6,872
Thanked 2,792x in 1,703 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltrane View Post
Quick question for you two. I believe one of you is using stat output specifically tied to 1984. I'm wondering how that looks on the leader boards after many years of simming. Are there a bunch of guys tied or close to tied for HR record, hits etc? Or is there some disparity, like a Pete Rose hit king or Nolan Ryan strikeout type of record?
Yes, my stats output is tied to 1984. Here are my Position Player Hits leaders, and HR leaders and my Pitching K leaders as the 1952 season winds down (52nd season of the game). Lemme know if there are any other categories you're interested in and I'll get them up for you:
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
Coltrane (03-23-2017), David Watts (03-23-2017)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:32 PM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2015 Out of the Park Developments