Home | Webstore
Latest News: FHM 5 Available - Update OOTP 19.8 is online - OOTP 19 Available! - MLB Manager 2018 Available Now

Perfect Team is LIVE!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2018, 08:57 AM   #1
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments
 
Lukas Berger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lille/Nice, France
Posts: 11,088
Thanks: 17,146
Thanked 8,140x in 4,123 posts
Historical database issues

Hi guys:

Please post any issues with the historical db's here. Players importing multiple times, not importing, crazy ratings, wrong stats or other stuff like this. Spritze and Bigrod will do their best to respond and to fix and issues.

Thanks for your help in making OOTP better!
__________________


lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Pre-order Out of the Park Baseball 19!

Buy Franchise Hockey Manager 4!

Found a bug? Have a technical issue? Please post here and/or file a support ticket here.

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Bigrod (03-22-2018)
Old 03-22-2018, 12:47 PM   #2
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar
 
Spritze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Redmond Wa and Cape Coast Ghana
Posts: 6,761
Thanks: 201
Thanked 2,965x in 1,739 posts
He IS in the historical database but not in PStrickerts EOS file nor OD file.
__________________
It's madness, madness, I tell you! For the love of God, don't do it!
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 01:18 PM   #3
theOrange
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 16
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1x in 1 post
Failed Imports

Lukas

Are the Historical data issues related to the 85 failed imports from my rookies CSV files?

Last edited by theOrange; 03-22-2018 at 01:22 PM.
theOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 01:24 PM   #4
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments
 
Lukas Berger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lille/Nice, France
Posts: 11,088
Thanks: 17,146
Thanked 8,140x in 4,123 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theOrange View Post
Lukas

Are the Historical data issues related to the 85 failed imports from my rookies CSV files?
There haven't really been any historical database issues reported yet, this thread is just a place that they can be reported if they happen. It's possible there's an issue or two that's causing your problems, that's what we need to find out And we probably really need to know the specific players that aren't importing to start to figure anything out.
__________________


lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Pre-order Out of the Park Baseball 19!

Buy Franchise Hockey Manager 4!

Found a bug? Have a technical issue? Please post here and/or file a support ticket here.

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 01:28 PM   #5
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments
 
Lukas Berger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lille/Nice, France
Posts: 11,088
Thanks: 17,146
Thanked 8,140x in 4,123 posts
Rod, Chuck is there anything about Paul DeJong, dejonpa01 that would keep him from properly importing?

He looks ok in the master from what I can see. Might be missing something though...
__________________


lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Pre-order Out of the Park Baseball 19!

Buy Franchise Hockey Manager 4!

Found a bug? Have a technical issue? Please post here and/or file a support ticket here.

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 01:31 PM   #6
congokurtz
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 31
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Cody Bellinger Missing?

In Historical Exhibition selecting the 2017 Dodgers, whether it's opening or end of the season roster, Cody Bellinger is missing from the roster, active or reserve.

I then checked to see if he's missing when running a 2017 historical game, real transactions and lineups off, and he's missing from the Dodger roster there as well.

Yikes, can someone please find Cody, he was only the Sporting News Rookie of the year in 2017
congokurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 01:53 PM   #7
congokurtz
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 31
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Ooops, sorry about the double post. I didn't realize someone took my post from another thread and posted it here. Anyway, hope Cody is found soon
congokurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 02:00 PM   #8
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,965
Thanks: 2,288
Thanked 2,023x in 1,164 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by congokurtz View Post
In Historical Exhibition selecting the 2017 Dodgers, whether it's opening or end of the season roster, Cody Bellinger is missing from the roster, active or reserve.

I then checked to see if he's missing when running a 2017 historical game, real transactions and lineups off, and he's missing from the Dodger roster there as well.

Yikes, can someone please find Cody, he was only the Sporting News Rookie of the year in 2017
As I noted in my now deleted post..We're looking into it.
My test showed him starting with the Tulsa Drillers, but near as I can figure he should start in AAA with OK City as he never played for Tulsa in 2017 and according to real transactions (if enabled) he should show up on 4/25.
If you don't have real transactions enabled, he could show up anywhere the AI wants him.
Spritze knows a lot more about historicals than I do and he's checking it out.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 02:05 PM   #9
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer
 
mitchkenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Oregon
Posts: 2,052
Thanks: 1,239
Thanked 1,020x in 652 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Rod, Chuck is there anything about Paul DeJong, dejonpa01 that would keep him from properly importing?

He looks ok in the master from what I can see. Might be missing something though...
tried to import him into a current test game .... failed. tried a couple of different settings to no avail. so something is rotten in Denmark.
__________________
"This is my opening farewell " - Jackson Browne
“They make a desolation and call it peace.” ― Agha Shahid Ali
"Maybe she just has to sing, for the sake of the song - And who do I think that I am to decide that she's wrong." - Townes Van Zandt
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Lukas Berger (03-22-2018)
Old 03-22-2018, 02:51 PM   #10
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,965
Thanks: 2,288
Thanked 2,023x in 1,164 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchkenn View Post
tried to import him into a current test game .... failed. tried a couple of different settings to no avail. so something is rotten in Denmark.
I think we got a bug here. Need to do more checking..
Here's a work around for now.
Make sure you select the milbmaster.csv file and use his minors bbref id: dejong000pau
make sure you select Include player(s) in minor league. database.
Voila...he'll import. No idea how I figured that out, but it's the only way he'll import.
I've reported this in our bug reports.
Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited by Bigrod; 03-22-2018 at 03:17 PM.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
Lukas Berger (03-22-2018), mitchkenn (03-22-2018)
Old 03-22-2018, 04:14 PM   #11
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar
 
Spritze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Redmond Wa and Cape Coast Ghana
Posts: 6,761
Thanks: 201
Thanked 2,965x in 1,739 posts
Paul shows up in historical leagues. It seems the player importer is broken in some fashion. Those 85 players must have something in common. Perhaps none of them have belly buttons?
__________________
It's madness, madness, I tell you! For the love of God, don't do it!
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 04:37 PM   #12
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,965
Thanks: 2,288
Thanked 2,023x in 1,164 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
Paul shows up in historical leagues. It seems the player importer is broken in some fashion. Those 85 players must have something in common. Perhaps none of them have belly buttons?
They're off looking for those super models you love so much
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 05:06 PM   #13
congokurtz
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 31
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Thanks for the response. I haven't checked with real transactions enabled. checked with them off but I didn't have them import minors. When I create a 2017 historical league with real transactions off and imported minor leagues he does appear playing for Tulsa. His ratings are super low, however, with a current/potential of contact 35/35, Gap power 40/45, HR 50/50, this is using a 100% accurate scout scale of 20-80. Also, have OOTP player dev engine off. I would think without real transactions or lineup enabled, in a one replay season, Cory would have ratings representing his final season stats and that he would be placed on the 25 man roster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrod View Post
As I noted in my now deleted post..We're looking into it.
My test showed him starting with the Tulsa Drillers, but near as I can figure he should start in AAA with OK City as he never played for Tulsa in 2017 and according to real transactions (if enabled) he should show up on 4/25.
If you don't have real transactions enabled, he could show up anywhere the AI wants him.
Spritze knows a lot more about historicals than I do and he's checking it out.
congokurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 05:14 PM   #14
congokurtz
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 31
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
One more thing I noticed on Cory's real stats in the 2017 historical league that has minor leagues imported and has Cory playing for the Tulsa Drillers. His real life 2017 stats don't include his playing time with the Dodgers, which was close to an entire season, which was 132 games played and 548 PA
congokurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 05:28 PM   #15
congokurtz
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 31
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
And just found out that Cody is not inserted into the lineup when playing a 2017 historical season with real transactions and lineup enabled. In fact, On April 25th and after, he remains playing for the Midland Loons with well below average ratings.

So something tells me that the monster Cody file, the one where he broke out and had a great season, is missing.
congokurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 05:34 PM   #16
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar
 
Spritze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Redmond Wa and Cape Coast Ghana
Posts: 6,761
Thanks: 201
Thanked 2,965x in 1,739 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by congokurtz View Post
One more thing I noticed on Cory's real stats in the 2017 historical league that has minor leagues imported and has Cory playing for the Tulsa Drillers. His real life 2017 stats don't include his playing time with the Dodgers, which was close to an entire season, which was 132 games played and 548 PA
In my test he has IRL 132 games at LAN in 2017. Seems like your league just hates this guy. Start over? Also my test is totally out-of-the-box.
__________________
It's madness, madness, I tell you! For the love of God, don't do it!
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 05:38 PM   #17
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar
 
Spritze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Redmond Wa and Cape Coast Ghana
Posts: 6,761
Thanks: 201
Thanked 2,965x in 1,739 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by congokurtz View Post
And just found out that Cody is not inserted into the lineup when playing a 2017 historical season with real transactions and lineup enabled. In fact, On April 25th and after, he remains playing for the Midland Loons with well below average ratings.

So something tells me that the monster Cody file, the one where he broke out and had a great season, is missing.
Real transactions and Lineups come from the same fella who does OD and EOS rosters and Cody ain't in them neither. Send a PM to Pstrickert? I do not know if he ever looks at these bug reports.
__________________
It's madness, madness, I tell you! For the love of God, don't do it!
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 05:46 PM   #18
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer
 
pstrickert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 11,837
Thanks: 2,576
Thanked 3,346x in 1,877 posts
I don't see Cody Bellinger in the Master.csv file I used. So, that could be the problem. Is there a definitive Master.csv file floating around somewhere?
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 06:08 PM   #19
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar
 
Spritze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Redmond Wa and Cape Coast Ghana
Posts: 6,761
Thanks: 201
Thanked 2,965x in 1,739 posts
Markus has one.
The roster team has one of its own updated through yesterday.
There is one on the OOTP DropBox site.
I've got one.

Probably everyone but you has one.

I'll e-mail you a copy of mine.
__________________
It's madness, madness, I tell you! For the love of God, don't do it!
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
pstrickert (03-22-2018)
Old 03-22-2018, 06:11 PM   #20
congokurtz
Minors (Rookie Ball)
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 31
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
In my test he has IRL 132 games at LAN in 2017. Seems like your league just hates this guy. Start over? Also my test is totally out-of-the-box.
Well, I quit the app and updated to the latest version and the only Cody I get doesn't include his real life stats of132 games played for the Dodgers. Will the real Cody please stand up
congokurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:12 AM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Out of the Park Developments