Home | Webstore
Latest News: FHM 5 Available - Update OOTP 19.8 is online - OOTP 19 Available! - MLB Manager 2018 Available Now

Perfect Team is LIVE!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 06-25-2018, 04:47 PM   #1
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

Thanked 286x in 179 posts
Instant color....

Not really the best colorizing program - but it works in a pinch. I downloaded the bw photos file a while ago. What I do with these is simply create a 90x135 image in my graphics program copy a portion of the color file and place it over the file I just created. Instant 90x135 new photo.

Well here are the example files to use to create the new photos. I used 1960 Baltimore as the example. If there is any interest I will do the other teams in the bw folder

EDIT: I may do the negro league photos next - just interest in seeing how they will turn out.

James
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Outlaw Jim; 06-25-2018 at 04:51 PM.
Outlaw Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
UKBaseballfan (06-26-2018)
Old 06-25-2018, 05:33 PM   #2
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

NegLg test

Not sure if I like these or not - but better than nothing I think. Obviously I must edit some of these after I put then in a 90x135 image. Number 8 from the left is the one I think I must edit the most after I put it into a file.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Outlaw Jim; 06-25-2018 at 05:45 PM.
Old 06-25-2018, 05:47 PM   #3
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

Isee that the images have been uploaded as 800x571 instead of the 1050x750, just need to resize in a graphics program

Last edited by Outlaw Jim; 06-25-2018 at 05:48 PM.
Thank you for this post:
JaBurns (06-25-2018)
Old 06-25-2018, 05:56 PM   #4
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

found an easier way to rename all the files when transferring from the sheet to ind,. file. Just get a file of the imagesin bw (i can supply) copy the file to use as a new folder to put the colorized photos in. When you save the image in your graphics program just put it in your copied folder select the picture that matches your colored image and do a save, and replace the bw with the color picture. Simple process.

The reason I am colorizing is that I plan on making facegens from the colorized image where possible. I can use the bw, but the skintones never seem to come out right. I was looking at doing 60 from each position for 480 batters/fielders and 320 pitchers fore a set of 800. This would be enough for a 20 team/40 player or better 32 team/25player roster.

Any sheet that I plan on using I will create a folder with the individual image files. I just put it out here as an example and perhaps some with a graphics program would not have a problem taking the image from the sheet and making their own.

James

Last edited by Outlaw Jim; 06-25-2018 at 06:22 PM.
Old 06-25-2018, 06:04 PM   #5
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

If anyone would want the negro players just send me your list, the 1B list I did was just the top 10 players by plate appearance. I can fit 48 per sheet, the 2 right side corner spots get a logo from the site that colorizes these.

The site wants you to purchase the image you colorize so they don't give you photo quality images, but overall I am happy to use these until I learn how to colorize,looked at the video on you-tube seemed a bit difficult and time consuming....
Old 06-26-2018, 01:07 AM   #6
UKBaseballfan
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 2,826x in 2,064 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw Jim View Post
If anyone would want the negro players just send me your list, the 1B list I did was just the top 10 players by plate appearance. I can fit 48 per sheet, the 2 right side corner spots get a logo from the site that colorizes these.

The site wants you to purchase the image you colorize so they don't give you photo quality images, but overall I am happy to use these until I learn how to colorize,looked at the video on you-tube seemed a bit difficult and time consuming....
I would be interested in knowing what the quality of your results would be if you used the same process on images of 180x270 and then reduced the size of the color image by applying a 50% scaling process, i.e. is image size a significant factor in terms of quality in the process?

Incidentally I spend a significant amount of time in Sarasota.

Last edited by UKBaseballfan; 06-26-2018 at 01:09 AM.
UKBaseballfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Outlaw Jim (06-27-2018)
Old 06-26-2018, 02:29 AM   #7
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKBaseballfan View Post
I would be interested in knowing what the quality of your results would be if you used the same process on images of 180x270 and then reduced the size of the color image by applying a 50% scaling process, i.e. is image size a significant factor in terms of quality in the process?

Incidentally I spend a significant amount of time in Sarasota.
Sarasota- cool. When I travel and tell people where I am from they just go "Where?" - now I just Tell people I am from Tampa...

Any how the photos do come out better when I find images at the 180x270 size, but I don't think if I double the size of the image if that will improve the results. I'll experiment some.

Thanks

James
Old 06-26-2018, 09:33 PM   #8
UKBaseballfan
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 2,826x in 2,064 posts
Image Size

I just want to make myself clear. I am not suggesting that you increase the size of images from 90x135 to 180x270.

I am suggesting that you work with larger images and then scale them down if you requirement is for 90x135 images.

In terms of supplying you with images to experiment on, is it necessary that they are all for the same team and uniform when you carry out the process?
UKBaseballfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Outlaw Jim (06-27-2018)
Old 06-27-2018, 05:52 AM   #9
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKBaseballfan View Post
I just want to make myself clear. I am not suggesting that you increase the size of images from 90x135 to 180x270.

I am suggesting that you work with larger images and then scale them down if you requirement is for 90x135 images.

In terms of supplying you with images to experiment on, is it necessary that they are all for the same team and uniform when you carry out the process?
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I have a vast collection of images, and most are 180x270 or larger, but the ones I want to colorize are all at the 90x135. I am not concerned about the uniforms, I customize my images a bit and if I have a good image but not the right uniform, I change the uniform.

The negro league images are hard to find for most of the players and the collection I have is about 2000 players, but the images are all 90x135. I guess I am okay with the results, because I look at them colorized as an "old" photo and may even put a layer of "aging" over the image. Thank you,

James