Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.5.52 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

MLB All-Star Game Special: Save 50% on OOTP 20!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 08-21-2017, 01:39 PM   #1
Fredrocker
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 55x in 35 posts
Its with a half a heart I post this

I have asked for some 'sort of support' for some time... my league doesn't create a "report file" has been there for a while... (April)... look I like the game but your support is something to be questioned... currently I have 23 Awesome GM's waiting to see about this issue of of Jim Unknowns... ...Posted a question about this... please respond... hell... we go almost everyday... do you care about on-line players...
Look I love the product, but for 35 clams maybe you should up you game... if you dont like me (cause I say how it is)... check your own forum... not something I have seen like anywhere else...

And Lukas you are awesome... nothing against you... just the whole thing at 35$ a pop everyyear... lol
GM - Birmingham Bulls - Heroes Reborn League
GM - Los Angeles Agents - Field of Dreams
GM - Varadero Exiles - World Baseball League
GM - San Diego Padres - Historical Simulation Baseball League
Fredrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 12:11 AM   #2
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Thanked 3,227x in 1,896 posts
Turn off Ghost players and no more Jim Unknowns will be created and those you have will disappear like the ghosts they are.

Game Settings
League settings
Rules
Ghost players = uncheck the box
Old 08-22-2017, 10:31 AM   #3
Fredrocker
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 55x in 35 posts
Sorry Spritze... these are players with valid minor league IDs... no ghosts involved...Players have become unknowns... the ghost thing I already knew of....

But thank you for the wrong consideration....
GM - Birmingham Bulls - Heroes Reborn League
GM - Los Angeles Agents - Field of Dreams
GM - Varadero Exiles - World Baseball League
GM - San Diego Padres - Historical Simulation Baseball League
Fredrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 04:51 PM   #4
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Thanked 8,768x in 4,411 posts
I'm sorry we overlooked this, that's my bad.

That being said, if you can actually go through the support process and fill out a support ticket it's much easier to keep track of things and not have them get lost in the shuffle and we will typically have a much quicker response time. It's hard to lose track of a support ticket, but it's all too easy to lose track of a post in one thread or even a PM in the middle of a couple hundred threads and messages that need to be monitored, especially right after release

Just so you know though, I'm currently on vacation and the response time, even to support tickets, is going to be longer than normal because of that. I'm checking in and responding to tickets when possible, but it's not daily as usual.

As far as the Jim Unknowns, I just saw your PM now. Have been off all week and travelling (and still am, but finally got to check in).

The Jim Unknowns issue typically happens from a corrupt save file. The first step is to try to restore from an auto-save as per the directions here: http://support.ootpdevelopments.com/...ng-your-league

If that doesn't work let me know and I can try to see if Markus or Matt can fix the file but it's a long shot.

The only other option would probably be to restore from your most recent backup.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Buy Out of the Park Baseball 20!

Buy Franchise Hockey Manager 5!

Found a bug? Have a technical issue? Please post here and/or file a support ticket here.

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here.

Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote