Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.5.52 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

MLB All-Star Game Special: Save 50% on OOTP 20!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-17-2017, 11:16 AM   #1
BoomerSoonerAMH
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 57x in 37 posts
2017 CBA updates

As someone that enjoys the business of baseball almost as much as game, I'm wondering which of the 2017 CBA changes will make it into the game. There are a few that should be simple but others not so much and others that shouldn't really matter. I'll start with the simple ones:

1. Home field in the WS goes to team with higher winning percentage. No brainer easy to do.

2. Qualifying offer system:
A. New rules prevent players from receiving QO in back-to-back years. Should be easy enough to flag players that have received a QO in the past year and disqualify them from getting another QO.
B. Increased time for player responses from 7 to 10 days. Again pretty straightforward fix on this.

3. Minimum salary increases should also be easy to do.

4. Changes to the drug testing and domestic violence portions of the CBA probably won't impact anything in the game since I think suspensions for these types of things aren't really in the game any longer.

5. Reducing the DFA time from 10 to 7 days. Pretty sure the option is already there, just have to reset the default.

Now on to some of the trickier ones...

6. Limits on recalling an optioned player. I haven't seen them in previous versions so not sure the changes to the existing limits are going to make it.

7. Increasing the length of the regular season from 183 to 187 days to allow 4 additional off days during the regular season (will be implemented in 2018 schedule). Players still receive a full year of service time for 172 service days. Trickiest part of this is that it doesn't take effect until 2018. Not sure if future generated schedules will be able to account for that.

8. Draft pick compensation. I'm still not sure I understand the changes involved with the draft pick compensation for teams that lose a player that was given a QO. I know the team signing said player no longer loses its first round pick. Beyond that I know stuff is tied to revenue sharing status and so forth and includes reduced international signing bonus penalties, but I can't imagine all of that mess could be easily incorporated into OOTP.

9. Competitive balance draft picks seems like a challenge to implement but might not be that bad.

10. International signing bonus pool being based on whether a team receives a competitive balance draft pick also feels like a nightmare to code.

Anything I might have missed or thoughts on this stuff?
BoomerSoonerAMH is offline   Reply With Quote
3 thanks for this post:
Caporegime (03-17-2017), Cryomaniac (03-17-2017), mgom27 (03-17-2017)
Old 03-17-2017, 04:37 PM   #2
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 289x in 220 posts
Most are in Game
Old 03-17-2017, 05:23 PM   #3
strzepeksc
All Star Reserve

Thanked 33x in 24 posts
OOTP 18 Manual

Steam write up has the OOTP 18 manual and explains many of these new features
strzepeksc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 07:49 PM   #4
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 4,408x in 2,483 posts
I would caution the actual text of the new CBA still hasn't been publicly released yet. Thus some of the details of the changes are still unknown. (I would also point out some of the changes, even as they are known now, cannot be recreated in OOTP due to aspects of how the game functions.)

"You think you're so great with your maths and your science and your facts? What about feelings, huh?"
"Yeah. Feelings are more important that facts!"
— Penelope, Simon, Modern Educayshun

Last edited by Le Grande Orange; 03-17-2017 at 07:50 PM.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 02:28 PM   #5
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,444x in 916 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerSoonerAMH View Post
7. Increasing the length of the regular season from 183 to 187 days to allow 4 additional off days during the regular season (will be implemented in 2018 schedule). Players still receive a full year of service time for 172 service days. Trickiest part of this is that it doesn't take effect until 2018. Not sure if future generated schedules will be able to account for that.
I'm already working on it.
TGH-Adfabre (03-18-2017)