Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 02-27-2018, 05:59 PM   #1
dtizzle
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 41x in 34 posts
Setting issue

I have a league started in 1901 and now it’s 1940. I tried to add an international league in offseason based in the Philippines. It asked what year settings I wanted I said 1940 but when the league set up it had all 2017 financials. When to the financial page and tried to insert fictional settings for 1940. But all numbers looked wonky so just scrapped this idea and restored my backup

Any suggestions? Should i just set it up as AAA level for now and not worry about financials? Thanks for the input!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dtizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 02:39 PM   #2
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,797x in 1,452 posts
non-fiction only:
did that league exist in 1940? maybe, it won't use MLB historical stuff for non mlb league? maybe?? i don't have a ton of exp in this realm of ootp, fwiw. seems that's the case.

probably fictional eh? if typing in 1940 and clicking import didn't work?? did you have proper league selected in dropdown box in top-right corner of screen... these settings are "per league" and "per mil level" in some cases (not financials for mil i think? screen changes to blank, if so).

okay, if that's all correct and still no go:

load up a temp new league - set it up with 1940 as historical year... Screen Shot the settings and copy them by hand.. it's exactly the same thign as importing. no worries.

so, no you don't have to set it up as a AAA.

you may want to go over every imported setting... the main thing i am thinking of is rules of whether players cna leave league or be traded between leagues etc etc.. you may want som settings 'different' or you may not. line by line of a few settings pages doesn't take long. rules, financials, options, players etc.

you probably don't want players from default countries for the 1940 mlb in the phillipines? you'll need to make them from the country of the league, i'd assume or maybe not. all your choices, not trying to persuade.

Last edited by NoOne; 02-28-2018 at 02:40 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
dtizzle (02-28-2018)