Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-03-2018, 04:15 AM   #1
Karax268
Bat Boy

Thanked 2x in 2 posts
Is this league setup possible?

I want to create an european style league when it comes to contracts.
So no draft and every player is a free agent. Also contracts can't be longer than 5 years. Maybe shorter, haven't decided yet.

A while ago I tried out a setup like it and after a few years rebuilding teams couldn't field a full 25 man roster because they didn't have the money to pay for the free agents.
No draft, no cheap players. I guess.

Is there a way to balance this out? or is the game not suited for this kind of setup?
Karax268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 10:19 AM   #2
BBGiovanni
Major Leagues

Thanked 164x in 134 posts
Those seem like simple settings. I've never had a problem with turning the draft off, the game makes players and away you go.

I HAVE in older versions had big problems with roster restrictions by team/league nation. If you have set up the game to produce few players from Italy, say, and you have a team requiring 15 of 25 players to be from Italy you will have that problem. There are many similar weird problems that come up.

So I'd say check the roster limits and the default player creation settings. Remember the draft settings are separate from the "default" settings the game uses to create players.

"What do I want you do do? What are you doing in the National League?"- John McGraw
BBGiovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 12:57 PM   #3
italyprof
All Star Reserve

Thanked 339x in 228 posts
Just uncheck the "enable amateur draft" under League Settings, and then "Rules". then you have the option under the financial system to give every team the same budget, I am pretty sure, or else to dis-enable the financial system, so money is no issue. I think that should do what you want.
italyprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 09:59 PM   #4
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,797x in 1,452 posts
if not option for same budget -- force it wiht a same for all national media contract and zero out anything else... even gate revenue if you want to. keep attendance baseline or you'll have no one in stands, of course. but at $0 ticket, $0 merch rev. n.p.

may want to select 'entire budget available' instead of controlled by the owner.. that will make sure they all have the same budget...

you could even go a step further -- Team Home- Team Settings, in comissioner mode you can set "next year's budget" for every team and force it to a specific value. (fyi, if you put "188M" it might show up as 189M or 190M use accounting page to determine how much to 'undersell' it.

5year max is a dropdown near the owner budget control dropdown on right side of screen. (finance settings for league)

it has to make players one way or another.. sans draft it just make sthem and adds to FA i believe. new options appear after you turn off draft. keep eye out, read over them for anything of importance.

coountry of origin can be conrolled on the Players settingsn tab, one right of finances? it'll be in plain sight.

Last edited by NoOne; 03-03-2018 at 10:00 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 05:10 AM   #5
Karax268
Bat Boy

Thanked 2x in 2 posts
thanks, I'll give it another shot
Karax268 is offline   Reply With Quote