Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 03-03-2005, 12:03 PM   #1
TJ1964
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Help (again) for Newbie?

Hello, (Steve or anyone else who may be able to help me),

First, I have tried to find my answer looking back in past forum questions, but I guess I'm too stupid to figure out some of this stuff!!!

OK, here's what I'm trying to do: I want to run a standard league, with real Major League Baseball team names and logos, but with the default (fictional) players. I'd like to see player faces and have tried to import face packs and put them in my league's photo file. That hasn't worked, again I'm sure I'm missing something obvious.

The second thing I'm trying to do---same scenario--is have real Major League Baseball Logos. Same deal, I've tried downloading logo packs, but it is still reading the default logos. Clearly, I don't know how to do this.

Any chance you or someone could reply with a few steps of instruction. I know I'm close but am missing something? Maybe what I'm trying to do with the above scenario isn't possible.

Thanks,

Todd
TJ1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 12:36 PM   #2
rem
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 11x in 8 posts
Did you convert the .jpgs to .bmp?

2005 Winner of LL's Pick the Loser Contest! - 15-0
rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 12:58 PM   #3
TJ1964
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
.jpg to .bmps

Thanks for the response...

Maybe I ought to stick with one specific area at a time to figure out.

As far as the logo pack, I thought I found a set that was already in the .bmp format. My problem---I think---is more in the technical aspect of putting the file in the wrong place or wrong way or something. In my newly created league's logo folder, I now have both, the imported MLB logos, and the generic default logos. My game keeps reading the default logos, even though the Major League Baseball logos are also in that folder. The other obvious problem I see is for example Anaheim might be logo #13 in the default pack of logos, but Aneheim is the #9 logo in the pack I imported. Once I figure out the first issue, I'm puzzled as to how the game will know to match up the right team to the right imported logo. (Whew...sorry to be so long winded).

Do you see yet where I'm screwing up?

Thanks,

Todd
Old 03-03-2005, 01:34 PM   #4
rem
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 11x in 8 posts
If the logo numbers don't match up, you need to manually change them. Just go into the logo folder and change the numbers. It only takes a few minutes. You may need to go through and do like logo8a, logo9a, logo12a, etc. and then remove all the of the As when you done. You may need to do that because two files can't have the same name.

You may also need to delete any logos you don't want from the folder.

Old 03-03-2005, 03:16 PM   #5
TJ1964
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Thanks...and one more?

Deleting the default logos makes a lot of sense. I can't imagine I'll ever have a need for those goofy looking letters like "M" for Minnesota or "A" for Aneheim.

Can you help educate me on issue number two? Can I have fictional (Default) players, while importing a face pack so those players will have a face? Maybe it's just me, but shouldn't the game have come with a fictional face for each fictional player, like it does in other games? All I see is that annoying face with a big question mark over it.

So again, is there a way to import a face pack and somehow re-number it to give players a picture identity?

Thanks so much,

Todd
Old 03-03-2005, 03:37 PM   #6
rem
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 11x in 8 posts
The game doesn't automatically make pictures, other than the default picutre. If you download a facepack and the pictures are in .bmp and not .jpg format they should show up. If you need to know how to convert them, let me know.

Old 03-03-2005, 07:09 PM   #7
TJ1964
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
I think I got it but still need a little help....

I think I got the logos down. I downloaded a facepack that had hats instead of just logos and it works fine, although I'm going to search for a better logo pack. The hats look a little too small for the box.

I have not yet figured out in my head how to do the same for face pics. (Actually right now, I haven't loaded anything, but my "hat" logo appears as a small box just inside the default face. I hope that goes away when I put a face folder in!)

Do I need to find a face pack that just lists face1, face2, etc? Or if it has names, I need to re-name them so as to match OOTP6 which lists them I believe as pic1 pic2 pic3, etc?

Thanks AGAIN for your help and your patience!!!!

Todd
Old 03-04-2005, 01:39 AM   #8
rem
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 11x in 8 posts
Ficitional (not real players) should be named as pic1.bmp, pic2.bmp, pic3.bmp etc. Historical or Real Players should have names, i.e. RogerClemens.bmp. The packs will be pre-named, you won't need to do anything other than convert them from jpg to bmp.