Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 03-09-2005, 06:13 PM   #1
JJStuart
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Files wont upload on the server.

Ok, when I try and GENERATE REPORT, it goes through the motion, but its not actually saving anything to my harddrive... it says it saves it in INDEX.HTML, but there are no files being saved.

Since this is happening, I cant upload the data to my ftp since there is no data on the hard drive to upload.

Please help, I have a brand new league just waiting to get started.
JJStuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 07:41 PM   #2
JJStuart
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
ok, I found the files, but they are being downloaded to a totally different file than what I am selecting it to go to.... and when i upload to my ftp, its still not uploading the info.
Old 03-09-2005, 10:56 PM   #3
JJStuart
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Ok, well I am using Filezilla to upload the files because OOTP still wont do it for me. This program is very frustrating. I have the site uploaded, but now the player profiles arent showing up.... so i did some research, the links on the team pages for each players is saying the link should be....

Example
p352.html

but when the program downloaded them to the PC it loaded them as

Mp352.html

so obviously when i uploaded them they arent working out.

Do I just have a crappy download of this program?

Why am I having so many problems with OOTP?
Old 03-10-2005, 01:04 AM   #4
Ford Prefect
Major Leagues

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
When you generate the League Report you should store it in a Folder directly under a Root like C:\report.

To make it easy with Filezilla you should make a Folder named report in your FTP Root.

Then you can drag and drop your report folder and load it up. The Problem with your playercrad cant be caused by Filezilla, many Guys use filezilla and never had any problem. You should check the Files after the reports are generated.

Lets campain for higher but equal pricing, support a good product
Ford Prefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 11:09 PM   #5
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 287x in 138 posts
Does your webspace support ftp? If not, you're going to have a mess. If not, OOTP will not upload the files. And even if you manage to upload, the uploaded index.htm file will point to your hard drive folder, meaning other pages will not be found.

You need to have a webhost which supports FTP. Sound like this is where the problem is. Otherwise, it's your ftp settings in OOTP.

From your mis-use of computer lingo, it also sounds like you need to learn what uploading, downloading and saving mean, and thus you may not understand fully how ftp works either.(Not meaning to be rude just making an observation)

If you need some step by step help, please let me know about your webhost and how much space you have available. Also what experience you have had in the past with making a website.

Asahi2 Baseball ex-Commissioner(Historical League Since 2004)
www.allsimbaseball.com (OOTP web hosting - Customized sites for online leagues - Sign up, Connect OOTP and Play!)
Share Your Mods - Free, unlimited and easy to upload to share your Mods instantly(free site registration required)
f.montoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 01:07 AM   #6
JJStuart
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Ok, I figured it out.... thanks for the replies.

This is my first attempt at website building, other than cheesy stuff with geocities.

Its a learning experience, but I am making it.

My new question I will post in a sec.