Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 07-30-2007, 04:18 PM   #21
APujols5
Banned

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Infractions: 1/3 (3)
Ok, not saying I am "mr OOTP know it all" but i have torn this game up and down a few times to try and understand it better. so i will look at the .lg file and see what i can figure out
APujols5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 04:37 PM   #22
APujols5
Banned

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Dola
My god this thing is a memory hog

Edit
Feb 16 so far no troubles
June 26, again no crashes

Last edited by APujols5; 07-30-2007 at 05:22 PM.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:11 PM   #23
APujols5
Banned

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
I wonder if some of the problems just come from people running this file on computers that really cant handle it? Even on my machine, which is really fast and powrful is dragging through it...
Old 07-30-2007, 05:27 PM   #24
APujols5
Banned

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
quadrola or whatever this would be,

Yea I really think the problems are related to the memory taxing. I am iwilling to bet people with the most crashes have systems with a lot less power than i have

Ok scratch that theory, I just got the dreaded July 10 error

Last edited by APujols5; 07-30-2007 at 05:30 PM.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:30 PM   #25
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 2,119x in 1,209 posts
That's why it would be good to use the template..many of the leaguees you can erase without a lot of good players going into free agency.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 05:45 PM   #26
APujols5
Banned

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
I give up on it... sorry after coming across the July 10 error, it now crashes my game when i try and load that file. So it's back to roster creating for me
Old 08-01-2007, 01:54 PM   #27
toptiger
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Well after some testing I found a method that is sim'ing just fine (completed two seasons) using WOB 2.0 --- APujols5 is right when indicating odd # of teams in a league should not cause a problem when using a compatible schedule. So, on Day 1 (January 1, 2007) I left all league structures unchanged -- kept odd # of teams --- there is no need to delete teams. I did generate a new schedule for every league from Game Setup/League Setup/ Functions --- I encountered an error when doing this for some leagues which I cleared by going back to the League Setup/Options/Schedule Options and checking the Balanced Schedule format box --- then the schedule could be generated without error.

Since I was getting the "No Starting Pitcher Available" error that prevented an earlier sim from completing, I (again on Day 1) from League Setup/Functions, filled every league roster with players and then Released All Players & Scheduled An Inaugural Draft --- I found that the earlier roster error was due to one of my Mexican League teams having only 2 SP's !!! even though I used the Fill Roster function to try to correct the situation --- it didn't work --- I believe this to be due to the Ethnicity rules setting for the leagues --- it appears that the Fill Roster function does not use the rule and so is unable to effectively fill the rosters. (Note this is just my assumption (guess) -- I did not thoroughly test it).

When after doing all the above WOB 2.0 (using the Universe download/not the template although the same fix should apply) is sim'ing perfectly! Hurray!! It's a great universe for OOTPB 2007! and I'm now happy with it! Hope this will be the fix for the rest of you having problems with WOB 2.0 and wanting to play it! Good luck!

P.S. --- Ran for 3rd time ok -- 1/1/2007 thru 12/31/2007 --- Note: When leagues did not have the Release All Players & Schedule Inaugural Draft option under General Functions, I went down to Roster Functions and did Release All Players / Clear Rosters .... And when I generated new schedules for all leagues, I found the Arizona Winter League gave me a message that it could not generate an odd number of games, although it did sim ok this way, I have now gone into the Options Tab and changed the number of games for the league to 20 from 21 and regenerated a new schedule after the change just to be safe.

Main concept for the fix --- generate all new schedules for all leagues, release all players (with Release Players & Schedule Inaugural Draft when available / if not available use Release All Players/Clear Rosters. I think the critical piece is the schedule, but to be safe I released all the players ... at any rate it now works for me. Again, Good Luck!

Last edited by toptiger; 08-02-2007 at 01:14 AM. Reason: fine tuning
toptiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 10:06 PM   #28
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

How do you do all of this when you can't even create the game using the template?
Old 08-05-2007, 10:51 PM   #29
cameron
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 2x in 2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
How do you do all of this when you can't even create the game using the template?
Use the .lg file not the template. You can download the .lg zip from Padre's site. Once you start the game make the changes as described by toptiger. I'm using the full universe and having no problems. I even added a College feeder league. It is a great universe!!
cameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 08:13 PM   #30
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameron View Post
Use the .lg file not the template. You can download the .lg zip from Padre's site. Once you start the game make the changes as described by toptiger. I'm using the full universe and having no problems. I even added a College feeder league. It is a great universe!!

OK, did all this it things look good...except the only complaint I now have(and I think it may be a result of releasing all players around the globe and having a draft, is that now the talent distribution isn't so good...way too many good players, and even way more too many good prospects.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:48 AM   #31
toptiger
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Yes cameron, I used the .lg file (universe Wob 2.0) Download --- I'll have to try the College Feeder League too. It is a great universe! Hat's off to Matter2003 and all those that contributed! Not sure of best way to remedy roster distribution PSUColonel .... Is there a way to just delete and regenerate all players to fill rosters on every team (all leagues)?--- if it's the Inaugural Draft process --- what's the best way to create the player list to get the best in balanced roster creation/distribution among teams? i.e, what's the best way to "evenly" populate the rosters for this universe, to avoid the situation PSUColonel ran into? We'll get it right eventually! :-)

Last edited by toptiger; 08-09-2007 at 01:00 AM.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:30 PM   #32
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Is Matter even around anymore?
Old 08-19-2007, 12:55 AM   #33
Biggio509
All Star Starter

Thanked 676x in 361 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
I am having a problem starting a game using this template because the Appalachian League has an uneven number of teams in it. The problem is if I were to delete a team, a major league team would lose an affiliate. Is there a work around for this?
What I did was merge the Appalachian and Arizona leagues into one league. I call it Appalachian Arizona with Appalachian and Arizona being 2 divisions. Currently both leagues have 9 teams. So merging them makes 18 and the game works fine. The only problem is KC has 2 rookie league teams and they are both in the same league. Nothing huge but a little strange when AZL(KC) plays the Burlington Royals.
Biggio509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 01:00 AM   #34
Biggio509
All Star Starter

Thanked 676x in 361 posts
Also note if KC is represented in the AZ rookie league then eliminating the Burlington Royals from Appalachian will still leave KC with one SA and 1 rookie like most everyone else (2 teams in rookie and SA). If AZL(KC) has been deleted to make 8 in the AZL, this will not work. KC would only have 1 rookie Short A team and no rookie teams. I think the best bet is merging the two leagues. That way all teams are properly represented and the app and AZ leagues make 18 teams which works.
Biggio509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 06:07 PM   #35
toptiger
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Regarding roster distribution when starting WOB on 1/1/2007--- I created a new 2 team league (without any minor (feeder) leagues) released the players to free agency, copied the players.dat file from the new league to WOB 2.0 directory (overwriting the WOB 2.0 players.dat file). I then started the WOB 2.0 game and used the Fill Rosters function to fill the rosters of every WOB league. I ended up with substantially fewer players and should have even distribution ... I have not simulated the season, as I'm just going to play a day at a time, but I don't anticipate any problems. I'm experimenting --- and sharing what I've done. I've kept a backup copy of my "tailored" startup WOB.lg --- and also have a copy of that "thin" 2 team players.dat file. It would be nice to have a single function to universally delete and re-create all players in a league included in future releases of OOTP ---- I've seen this need expressed in other forums as well.

Last edited by toptiger; 08-25-2007 at 03:06 AM.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:05 PM   #36
rknauber
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Am I the only one that can't find the download? I click on the link and it takes me to the file front home page.
rknauber is offline   Reply With Quote