Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 05-11-2012, 04:37 AM   #1
joetheref
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 14x in 12 posts
World League Association

I have created a quickstart of a World League using an association. Leagues are : US/Mexico/Canada, Central America/Caribbean, South America, UK, Rest of Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania. Each leagues have 8 teams split into 2 divisions. Top 2 from each division go into league playoffs and winners of those go into association playoffs. Have included AAA, AA and A minors plus COL and HS feeders which create enough players for the worldwide draft. Haven't changed too much of the rules so you can adapt it to how you want it. Cities and nicknames are all random but those random cities were used to divide the leagues into divisions. Any other questions let me know, I also have a game that I've been running for a few seasons so if you want to know anything about that, I will be happy to help

https://www.dropbox.com/s/20p46070au...ague.quick.zip

Last edited by joetheref; 03-30-2013 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Changed link
joetheref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:50 PM   #2
GiantYankee
All Star Starter

Thanked 235x in 172 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joetheref View Post
I have created a quickstart of a World League using an association. Leagues are : US/Mexico/Canada, Central America/Caribbean, South America, UK/Ireland, Rest of Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania. Each leagues have 8 teams split into 2 divisions. Top 2 from each division go into league playoffs and winners of those go into association playoffs. Have included AAA, AA and A minors plus COL and HS feeders which create enough players for the worldwide draft. Haven't changed too much of the rules so you can adapt it to how you want it. Cities and nicknames are all random but those random cities were used to divide the leagues into divisions. Any other questions let me know, I also have a game that I've been running for a few seasons so if you want to know anything about that, I will be happy to help

https://rapidshare.com/files/3338885...ague.quick.zip
Did you use PCM to modify the player talent for each league?
GiantYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:26 PM   #3
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,757x in 636 posts
This link isn't working.... I'd love to try this league though, did anyone happen to download it before it went down and could perhaps rehost? I PMed the TS but no response yet...

I'm looking for this type of world league setup in a quickstart ...
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:04 PM   #4
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Thanked 324x in 211 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripwalk View Post
This link isn't working.... I'd love to try this league though, did anyone happen to download it before it went down and could perhaps rehost? I PMed the TS but no response yet...

I'm looking for this type of world league setup in a quickstart ...
Yeah same here. I'd like to play this quickstart too.
OBSL Commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:05 PM   #5
Magus978
All Star Reserve

Thanked 417x in 299 posts
I wouldn't mind having this as well. If someone can get their hands on it, they can send it to me and I'll host it on my Mediafire thing.

The New York Patriots - An "Our League" F2P Experiment!

Curses are meant to be broken.
Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:57 PM   #6
joetheref
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 14x in 12 posts
Hi guys, sorry I haven't been active on the forums recently and haven't checked this thread for a while. I've uploaded it to my Dropbox folder and the link is below, will edit the link in the OP as well. Any problems/questions let me know.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/20p46070au...ague.quick.zip
Old 12-18-2012, 05:39 PM   #7
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for doing this, looking forward to trying it out.

I`m curious, if I want to make each individual league have its own draft (instead of one big world draft), do you think that was easily be possible?

Essentially I don't want European players to be of equal talent to American players, etc.... So I want to have individual drafts where I can use individual PCMs for each league...

Think that will create any problems?
Old 12-18-2012, 06:38 PM   #8
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Hmmm my OOTP crashes when I try to load this Quickstart from the main menu .. Any idea why? I moved the files into the Quickstart folder... Not sure if that's correct.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:50 PM   #9
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Nevermind, it seems it worked when I simply dropped the folders into the Saved Games folder and renamed the extension .lg .... I think that's the issue?
Old 12-18-2012, 07:31 PM   #10
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks for doing this, looking forward to trying it out.

I`m curious, if I want to make each individual league have its own draft (instead of one big world draft), do you think that was easily be possible?

Essentially I don't want European players to be of equal talent to American players, etc.... So I want to have individual drafts where I can use individual PCMs for each league...

Think that will create any problems?
I see now once having this open that I wouldn't need individual drafts, because there are individual feeder leagues for each league, so (presumably) if I wanted weaker players coming from the weaker baseball nations I could change the PCM values for the COL and HS feeders in those nations, right?

My main concern now is the initial draft pool .. It has obviously already been created at this point in the game so it's balanced in terms of, there are random superstars from baseball weak nations, which is what I don't want. Is it maybe possible to get a version of this download sometime before the intial draft pool has been created?

Alternatively, is there any way to modify the PCM values and then somehow modify the initial draft pool so it will reflect the baseball nation skills I had set up (meaning there won't randomly be great players from like Azerbaijan, etc.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:10 AM   #11
joetheref
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 14x in 12 posts
Quote:
I see now once having this open that I wouldn't need individual drafts, because there are individual feeder leagues for each league, so (presumably) if I wanted weaker players coming from the weaker baseball nations I could change the PCM values for the COL and HS feeders in those nations, right?

My main concern now is the initial draft pool .. It has obviously already been created at this point in the game so it's balanced in terms of, there are random superstars from baseball weak nations, which is what I don't want. Is it maybe possible to get a version of this download sometime before the intial draft pool has been created?

Alternatively, is there any way to modify the PCM values and then somehow modify the initial draft pool so it will reflect the baseball nation skills I had set up (meaning there won't randomly be great players from like Azerbaijan, etc.
I haven't touched the PCM values but I think that would work, but it is easy to set it up so each league has it's own draft. If you go to the association menu you can turn off the global draft there. I have a template that you can use to create a game with (link below). Put it in the world_templates folder and then on the create game screen theres an option to load from template or something like that. If you do that you can edit everything before the game is created which should let you edit the initial draft pool

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gjtqoureah...d%20series.wtp

Last edited by joetheref; 12-21-2012 at 06:15 AM. Reason: added link
2 thanks for this post:
Cole (12-21-2012), mgom27 (12-21-2012)
Old 12-21-2012, 07:47 AM   #12
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 289x in 220 posts
When I download WTP File it's in TXT not a World Template
Old 12-23-2012, 11:10 AM   #13
joetheref
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 14x in 12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
When I download WTP File it's in TXT not a World Template
It works fine for me, have you tried opening it in game?