Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 04-13-2013, 02:53 PM   #81
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Thanked 8,816x in 4,421 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. P.R. Park III View Post
Yeah, that's always been an issue and is the consequence of using various templates. The purge feature and mass delete personnel are especially helpful, but stadiums are uneffected by those utilities. I'll probably start work on another project in the future and make more of a conscious effort to integrate the templates (though ideally I'd construct the universe from scratch and not use any templates, to prevent duplicates and what not.)

Nutt, do you plan on continuing work on your NCAA project? WOB and the NCAA project have a symbiotic relationship, I'd like to keep that alive and kicking!
Nut's not working on the NCAA's any more. Have you seen my thread here?

bigrod and I have gotten far further than Nutt did. Over 100 NCAA teams with full rosters and fully rated as of now. We should have a complete real roster NCAA by the end of summer if all goes well.

You'll also find embryonic Cuban and Euro leagues in that thread.

Lot's of exciting stuff going on with real rosters!

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 04-23-2013 at 12:21 AM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:56 PM   #82
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

Thanked 418x in 243 posts
Quote:
Yeah, that's always been an issue and is the consequence of using various templates. The purge feature and mass delete personnel are especially helpful, but stadiums are uneffected by those utilities. I'll probably start work on another project in the future and make more of a conscious effort to integrate the templates (though ideally I'd construct the universe from scratch and not use any templates, to prevent duplicates and what not.)

Nutt, do you plan on continuing work on your NCAA project? WOB and the NCAA project have a symbiotic relationship, I'd like to keep that alive and kicking!
Once I get 14, I'll start kicking the tires around again. Especially if importing league histories and/or managerial histories is available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
Nut's not working on the NCAA's any more. Have you seen my thread here?

bigrod and I have gotten far further than Nutt did. Over 100 NCAA teams with full rosters and fully rated as of now. We should have a complete real roster NCAA by the end of summer if all goes well.

You'll also find embryonic Cuban and Euro leagues in that thread. There are plans that Andreas will build haveband and I some online db's, like we currently use on the roster team for the MLB rosters, only for international leagues: Not sure of the leagues that will get db's yet but considering: Japan, S. Korea, Cuba, Mexico, Europe and maybe American independents.

If that happens we'll be looking for folks to help with creating real rosters for those leagues too.

Lot's of exciting stuff going on with real rosters!
I never said I was finished. I said I was taking a break and I'll jump back into it when 14 came out and the initial kinks/bugs were fixed. That's gonna be early May.....at that time, I'll build the NCAA D1 schedule for OOTP14. The ONLY way I do something is if it involves every team, not just a "select" few.
nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:08 PM   #83
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutt View Post
I never said I was finished. I said I was taking a break and I'll jump back into it when 14 came out and the initial kinks/bugs were fixed.
Cool. Good to know. Are you planning on doing the same stuff bigrod and I have been or do you have something different in mind?

It would be a shame for you to duplicate our work too much, when we've gotten so far and there's still so much to do.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 04-13-2013 at 06:18 PM.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:16 PM   #84
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
The ONLY way I do something is if it involves every team, not just a "select" few.
Not sure what you mean by that exactly? Care to clarify?
Old 04-13-2013, 07:25 PM   #85
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Cool. Good to know. Are you planning on doing the same stuff bigrod and I have been or do you have something different in mind?

It would be a shame for you to duplicate our work too much, when we've gotten so far and there's still so much to do.
I wouldn't duplicate your work. I'd prefer to jump in when I'm ready with the conferences and players not apart of the game at this time.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:39 PM   #86
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
I wouldn't duplicate your work. I'd prefer to jump in when I'm ready with the conferences and players not apart of the game at this time.
We're including everyone, all the conferences and teams. Probably by the time you're ready we'll have all the 299 (297?, I forget exactly how many) DI teams filled with real player names. But probably only half or so will be accurately rated. So there'll be work to do on ratings and also on adding stats.

I'm also hoping to get much of D2 done. Right now I have 60 or so D2 teams added to the universe, only two are fully rated with real rosters. There's also around another 1-200 players added and rated. But there'll be all the rest of those to do too.

So plenty to do, when you get around to it
Old 04-14-2013, 05:04 AM   #87
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
We're including everyone, all the conferences and teams. Probably by the time you're ready we'll have all the 299 (297?, I forget exactly how many) DI teams filled with real player names. But probably only half or so will be accurately rated. So there'll be work to do on ratings and also on adding stats.

I'm also hoping to get much of D2 done. Right now I have 60 or so D2 teams added to the universe, only two are fully rated with real rosters. There's also around another 1-200 players added and rated. But there'll be all the rest of those to do too.

So plenty to do, when you get around to it
can we associate seperate minor/feeder leagues in 14? Like, PCL-IL Championship Game and we could do all the conferences as seperate feeder leagues with modifiers.

Also...there is 299 D1 teams...two are dropping baseball at the end of the year...Towson is one, I forgot the other. But, Incarnate Word, Abilene Christian and Grand Canyon are moving up.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:50 AM   #88
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
can we associate seperate minor/feeder leagues in 14? Like, PCL-IL Championship Game and we could do all the conferences as seperate feeder leagues with modifiers.

Also...there is 299 D1 teams...two are dropping baseball at the end of the year...Towson is one, I forgot the other. But, Incarnate Word, Abilene Christian and Grand Canyon are moving up.
It doesn't seem like it. Which is quite disappointing. I've been doing the conferences as separate leagues anyway though. I'm not in love with either method of doing things, both have flaws due to how OOTP is set up, so maybe I'll go back to putting everyone together in a league. We can discuss it.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:46 PM   #89
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
It doesn't seem like it. Which is quite disappointing. I've been doing the conferences as separate leagues anyway though. I'm not in love with either method of doing things, both have flaws due to how OOTP is set up, so maybe I'll go back to putting everyone together in a league. We can discuss it.
still no option to import league histories?
Old 04-17-2013, 12:12 AM   #90
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
still no option to import league histories?
Not for now. It's possible that something may happen a little later on with that. We'll see.

Anyhow we should probably discuss this in the community roster thread so we aren't hijacking the WOB thread.

Sorry Dr. Park!

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 04-17-2013 at 12:13 AM.
Thank you for this post:
Dr. P.R. Park III (04-17-2013)
Old 04-18-2013, 03:19 PM   #91
SirMichaelJordan
All Star Starter

Thanked 892x in 539 posts
Has anyone test how the free agent draft could benefit a Indy League?
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:33 PM   #92
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

Thanked 322x in 141 posts
I've done limited testing with WOB 13 so far, and had great success with the FA Draft; it's probably my new favorite feature. Anytime I get a prompt for a team not having enough players in any league, I just do a FA Draft and problem solved. Note: I don't really scrutinize contracts and don't really like the ability not to disable the International Complex feature, but indie teams don't sign amateur free agents typically (that I've noticed) because they don't have any cash, or so it seems.

I've had issues with running the game after applying the first patch and had to scramble to get the pre-release original version, but I'm pretty sure I isolated the problem as being released to a DB purge, so it probably will work with future patches.

I'm still doing some work on the back end and am considering a WOB 14, but it's a lot of work and if I do take a stab, I'll be way more conscious of using templates as to avoid duplicate players/coaches, and these things typically take longer and upset OOTP (in the form of abrupt CTD or RTE's).
Dr. P.R. Park III is offline   Reply With Quote
3 thanks for this post:
ashantewarrier (04-18-2013), Lukas Berger (04-18-2013), SirMichaelJordan (04-18-2013)
Old 04-18-2013, 07:57 PM   #93
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 530x in 306 posts
Quote:
Ashante, please share your version once you think it's ready! You're right, the RTE's are definitely associated with the various templates and what not that didn't get purged or were already too much a part of certain aspects of the game.

Every year I try to create some version of the overall universe, but there's been less motivation to do so over the years. I might just have to pick up yours and go when it's ready!
I hear you. One thing I would like to see is how independent leagues are handled. I was hoping that Markus would address this with OOTP14. Here's hoping he makes some changes with OOTP15.

I'm just about finished with my version. Once I'm finished with it I will share it with you!
-Jackie Robinson, #42 Brooklyn Dodgers

"Hitting is better than sex." - Reggie Jackson

OOTP MLB & NCAA Caps & Jerseys
http://s1232.photobucket.com/profile/ashantewarrier
ashantewarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
4 thanks for this post:
Dr. P.R. Park III (04-18-2013), Lukas Berger (04-18-2013), mgom27 (04-19-2013), SirMichaelJordan (04-20-2013)
Old 04-18-2013, 08:27 PM   #94
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

Looking forward to it, Ashante!
Old 05-15-2013, 03:40 PM   #95
SirMichaelJordan
All Star Starter

World of Baseball 13 BETA

Have anyone completed a template?
Old 07-20-2013, 10:53 AM   #96
makun18
Bat Boy

Thanked 1x in 1 post
good day

thank you very much for this world-baseball-13-beta pack.

i just downloaded and loaded it, i am very very impressed with the details you've updated and all the hard work you have done.

i am thinking to update the NPB rosters (and their ni-gun league), but i need someone advise on the below

1. since the pack includes many leagues, is there any chance i update the NPB (pro + ni-gun) only and export them and then use them on a current major league quick start?

2. what is the best way to update all the players info? i noticed all of the players' stats are updated until 2011, i'd like to add the 2012 and add the new players on it too.

3. what is the best way to do the rating (for 2013 aka current season)?

4. dr pr park, do you mind me to use the existing datas of yours and update it and of course i will share them if i am able to finish them (point 2+3)...

plsd to hear

thanks.
makun18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:50 AM   #97
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
Thanked 2,024x in 982 posts
He has not been around for a while possible he could be dead
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:04 PM   #98
SirMichaelJordan
All Star Starter

Will this make a return for OOTPB15???
Old 04-26-2014, 06:54 PM   #99
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

I really don't know. I haven't purchased OOTP 15 and don't know if I will. Most of the mechanisms are in place for users to easily create a WOB-like universe themselves (thanks to Lukasberger and team). Maybe if my interest in baseball picks back up.
4 thanks for this post:
Lukas Berger (11-16-2014), mgom27 (04-27-2014), nutt (04-27-2014), SirMichaelJordan (04-27-2014)