Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 10-02-2014, 12:33 AM   #1
Kammich
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 25x in 16 posts
Wondering: can I even dothis? (Merging 2 indie leagues to reg. season, & giving both indv. playoffs?

Basically, both of these are created under the independent league part of my template I'm building and jamming a bunch into ..... but I am also working on setting up the settings for each league's settings ie. roster limits, GP on the schedule, any playoff modifications*, etc..... and I still have a bit to change or fix up to and will keep working on it til it's closer to 100%.

This is what I want to do, but am unsure if it's possible....doing some poking around— but I don't see how I'd do it, or if there is a trick w/ the schedules to do it maybe that would take awhile to find?....

I hope to release this template w/ all leagues + maybe feeders sooner or later.... I just want to get the indies as close as possible to their respective league's real life rules/terms. So, is this possible?:

"The 2012 season, schedule was increased to one hundred games and featured five teams from the Canadian American Association of Professional Baseball. This format of having the Canadian American Association, despite fielding a different fifth team, playing with the American Association continued in the 2013 season. The two leagues are both headquartered in Durham, North Carolina and both have Miles Wolff as their commissioner. This is similar to inter-league play in Major League Baseball, but American and Canadian American Associations are "separate" legal entities and have separate playoffs/championships."

I'd like to set that up in particular and if there is a fast way to get to it, it will save me time so i can work on other stuff in the temp. thanks for anyone who can help guide me down a path, or a simple "no" to save time :P

cheers,
n
Old 10-13-2014, 04:19 PM   #2
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,148x in 808 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kammich View Post
Basically, both of these are created under the independent league part of my template I'm building and jamming a bunch into ..... but I am also working on setting up the settings for each league's settings ie. roster limits, GP on the schedule, any playoff modifications*, etc..... and I still have a bit to change or fix up to and will keep working on it til it's closer to 100%.

This is what I want to do, but am unsure if it's possible....doing some poking around— but I don't see how I'd do it, or if there is a trick w/ the schedules to do it maybe that would take awhile to find?....

I hope to release this template w/ all leagues + maybe feeders sooner or later.... I just want to get the indies as close as possible to their respective league's real life rules/terms. So, is this possible?:

"The 2012 season, schedule was increased to one hundred games and featured five teams from the Canadian American Association of Professional Baseball. This format of having the Canadian American Association, despite fielding a different fifth team, playing with the American Association continued in the 2013 season. The two leagues are both headquartered in Durham, North Carolina and both have Miles Wolff as their commissioner. This is similar to inter-league play in Major League Baseball, but American and Canadian American Associations are "separate" legal entities and have separate playoffs/championships."

I'd like to set that up in particular and if there is a fast way to get to it, it will save me time so i can work on other stuff in the temp. thanks for anyone who can help guide me down a path, or a simple "no" to save time :P

cheers,
n
You could do it manually and then could schedule Association playoffs in OOTP. The easiest way to do it is like the majors used to be where you had two separate leagues that only met in the World Series. Records are still separate, can still schedule inter-league play and all that.

Doing it as two separate independent leagues that have a scheduling arrangement would be possible as far as I know and you could have trading between those leagues too, but it'd be more work than it's worth since the game wouldn't automatically schedule games between them and you couldn't load a schedule that would do it.

TL;DR: Just setup two separate leagues, download a schedule for inter-league play to your liking and schedule an playoff series between the champs of both leagues as if they were AL/NL
darkcloud4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Kammich (01-14-2015)
Old 01-14-2015, 12:43 PM   #3
Kammich
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 25x in 16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud4579 View Post
You could do it manually and then could schedule Association playoffs in OOTP. The easiest way to do it is like the majors used to be where you had two separate leagues that only met in the World Series. Records are still separate, can still schedule inter-league play and all that.

Doing it as two separate independent leagues that have a scheduling arrangement would be possible as far as I know and you could have trading between those leagues too, but it'd be more work than it's worth since the game wouldn't automatically schedule games between them and you couldn't load a schedule that would do it.

TL;DR: Just setup two separate leagues, download a schedule for inter-league play to your liking and schedule an playoff series between the champs of both leagues as if they were AL/NL

I did read, and am just a tl;dr (too late dumb replier ), bu thank you! This is LONG belated, but better late than never, right? Unless you were a Royals fan and jumped off a bridge or something.
Thank you, though! When I download nutt's universe, and/or start working on my own new/individual one or can find a way to suck my old one off of the hard drive from my broken laptop, I have a nice QS that I had planned to do this in.... it was all but done, too. I will still probably use your idea, if practical come playoff time for these leagues, when I run my main universe dynasty and record a diary and/or YT channel for it. This helps out a lot even if it's a year later practically. Thank you man.