Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 07-29-2010, 11:14 AM   #81
chezboots
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 21x in 12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLKyle View Post
Thanks, don't blame you. Its taken me a couple months just getting my MLB-NPB-KBO league even close to my unrealistically high standards! Still working on it though.
Do you have a template of this MLB-NPB-KBO league? I love playing with all these leagues but also have high standards and can't keep up with the size of World of Baseball.
chezboots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 03:55 PM   #82
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

Thanked 322x in 141 posts
Could you tell me if you updated your version of the game with any of the bungled patches that were recently released? I haven't even opened the game in a number of months, so I think I was on Patch #2 or #3; but I'd be interested to know if WOB is compatible. I know there was a known problem with the player being unable to play out and manage games, and I dealt with Tech Support for about a month, but there was never a guarantee if the problem was fixed.

Can anyone out there confirm that they can successfully manage a game? Anytime I tried in the past, the game CTD. Obviously, if I would have known such a problem would persist, I wouldn't have spent the dozens of hours to create WOB.
Dr. P.R. Park III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 05:04 PM   #83
chezboots
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 21x in 12 posts
I haven't played with WOB since patching. It was just too large of a universe to keep up with and players I wanted in MLB were signing in other leagues and it was just silly, plus the coaches from othe leagues were managing MLB teams, but when I was playing with WOB I saw no gameplay problems with it. Sorry I can't answer your question.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:18 AM   #84
STLKyle
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 58x in 31 posts
If I can find a place to host the quickstart, I will post it. It seems to be too large to email even when zipped.

Plus, I've adjusted financials, and am still getting mid-tier MLB free agents ending up in the NPB. For instance, Vicente Padilla is unlikely to be playing in Japan in 2012 in my opinion.

Any ideas on how to combat this would be greatly appreciated!
STLKyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 12:30 PM   #85
chezboots
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 21x in 12 posts
Quote:
If I can find a place to host the quickstart, I will post it. It seems to be too large to email even when zipped.

Plus, I've adjusted financials, and am still getting mid-tier MLB free agents ending up in the NPB. For instance, Vicente Padilla is unlikely to be playing in Japan in 2012 in my opinion.

Any ideas on how to combat this would be greatly appreciated!
Thats my biggest pet peeve when midlevel Free Agents end up in NPB. In my first offseason A.J Pierzynski Pedro Martinez and Derek Lee all signed on with the NPB.

To host large files I usually use one of the following:
Free large file hosting. Send big files the easy way!
Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire
Old 07-30-2010, 01:34 PM   #86
Chicagofan76
Banned

Thanked 579x in 505 posts
Infractions: 2/2 (3)
you can turn off playing going to other leagues/FA's from other leagues..
Under Rules.

i run my EBL vs MLB and i have it turned off for now but i also have 4 more leagues coming in soon to compete vs Endor and Earth. i noticed when i have it on since my EBL season ends prior to MLB players would go to MLB in august/sept then come back to my league in teh offseason or if they did badly in MLB they would retire. i had 11 players from EBL jump to MLB after my 2003 season then retire in november.
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 02:51 PM   #87
STLKyle
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 58x in 31 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagofan76 View Post
you can turn off playing going to other leagues/FA's from other leagues..
Under Rules.

i run my EBL vs MLB and i have it turned off for now but i also have 4 more leagues coming in soon to compete vs Endor and Earth. i noticed when i have it on since my EBL season ends prior to MLB players would go to MLB in august/sept then come back to my league in teh offseason or if they did badly in MLB they would retire. i had 11 players from EBL jump to MLB after my 2003 season then retire in november.

Well, I want SOME 4A type players to migrate, and the best of the best Japanese players to do likewise. I just don't think there is a way that it can be done.
STLKyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 07:32 PM   #88
Chicagofan76
Banned

Thanked 579x in 505 posts
Infractions: 2/2 (3)
i hear ya i had the same problem i had an All Star LF bolt to MLB to STL for 11 mil per sn, while I signed Richard Hidalgo to a 2 yr 200,000 contract
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 06:33 PM   #89
Tom the Fish
Major Leagues

Thanked 73x in 38 posts
Quote:
Just wondering if this is close to happening. I'd love to give this league a try.

Tom
Tom the Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 07:07 PM   #90
JadedMsFan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 2x in 1 post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. P.R. Park III View Post
Could you tell me if you updated your version of the game with any of the bungled patches that were recently released? I haven't even opened the game in a number of months, so I think I was on Patch #2 or #3; but I'd be interested to know if WOB is compatible. I know there was a known problem with the player being unable to play out and manage games, and I dealt with Tech Support for about a month, but there was never a guarantee if the problem was fixed.

Can anyone out there confirm that they can successfully manage a game? Anytime I tried in the past, the game CTD. Obviously, if I would have known such a problem would persist, I wouldn't have spent the dozens of hours to create WOB.
I'm playing the latest version 11.2.18 on Windows XP.

I can start a game, even with sound and pictures on (I haven't tried with BNN enabled), but the second click any tab at the top except team stats it crashes. I can even start a game w/o modifying the lineups, etc. and it will run fine, except I obviously can't substitute. But if I skip ahead to the end of the game it will load the box score correctly.

I put quite a bit of work into tweaking the universe to my liking (deleting the American independents, adding the Cuban leagues, creating a Commonwealth Baseball League which runs from Vanuatu to Calgary) and then I discovered that I couldn't play out a game. What a sad day. It's a beautiful universe though.
JadedMsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 07:46 PM   #91
JadedMsFan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 2x in 1 post
Sorry I needed space in the dropbox for a work project. Uploading to send space again.

Last edited by JadedMsFan; 07-08-2011 at 08:33 PM.
JadedMsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:22 AM   #92
DanielDaniel12
Bat Boy

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Great mod, but does this not support stats detail of normal, high, or very high?
Because I can run the game fine on "low detail", but for anything higher, the game freezes when I try to play a game.
DanielDaniel12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:41 PM   #93
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

For anyone interested, I received news earlier today from Gary of Tech Support, who told me that the latest and final OOTP patch fixes the problem of the game freezing when trying to view the line-ups tabs in the pre-game. This is awesome and significant, because now you can actually manage games, which is what was originally intended! Many thanks to Gary for his tenacious nature and all of the help!
3 thanks for this post:
ashantewarrier (09-02-2010), Magus978 (09-02-2010), Tom the Fish (08-27-2010)
Old 09-02-2010, 03:52 PM   #94
Magus978
All Star Reserve

Thanked 422x in 303 posts
This is an excellent roster set, and I want to use it for my sim league that I'm doing on another forum. However, after looking at the stats site, several GM's are frustrated that salaries appear to be really off (We're only playing as MLB teams while everything else runs in the background). Is there something I can do to balance the salaries a bit and bring'em down to something more reasonable or would I have to go into each player and adjust them by hand (something I do NOT want to do unless I absolutely must).

The New York Patriots - An "Our League" F2P Experiment!

Curses are meant to be broken.
Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 04:35 PM   #95
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

I hate to say it, but I think you'll have to edit them manually. As far as I know, adjusting the financial coefficient won't do what you're looking for, but that's the only major adjustment to the games financial system that I'm aware of. I didn't change or alter any player's salaries, just used CubbyFan's set, and built off of that. I adjusted teams finances, but not individual players. If you were really serious about it, you could divide the MLB up amongst owners of your league, and look at Cot's Baseball Contracts , and split up the workload that way.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:10 AM   #96
Guanyuzhizi
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Is there an alternative download link for WoB 2.0?
The sendspace one seem to have expired.
Guanyuzhizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:15 AM   #97
Guanyuzhizi
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Oh, there it is!
Thanks JadedMsFan.
Guanyuzhizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:44 PM   #98
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

Do one of you mind posting a new download link? I would like to update the original post. Thanks!
Old 05-20-2011, 05:46 PM   #99
clamel
All Star Reserve

Thanked 46x in 30 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. P.R. Park III View Post
Do one of you mind posting a new download link? I would like to update the original post. Thanks!
The one posted now is not working ....
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 01:19 PM   #100
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

If anyone has version 2.0 saved somewhere, please PM me and let me know. What kind of mod creator doesn't save their own mods??

Last edited by Dr. P.R. Park III; 06-25-2011 at 01:20 PM.