Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 5 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 07-28-2012, 11:03 PM   #61
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

Thanked 322x in 141 posts
The independent leagues were set as major leagues because a.) I tweaked the player creation modifiers to match a minor league level, to ensure that the players generated by the league were equivalent to lower-tier indie players and not major league level, and b.) player stats look much better in my opinion for indie leagues with (ML) annotations as opposed to (INT). Also, Facegen settings only impact major leagues, so it's also another useful way of providing Facegens for your indie leagues. As far as I know, the game doesn't distinguish between a AA and a ML leagues if you modify the PCM's, that's why the financials are more critical.

As for providing any more suggestions or documentation, just read through this thread and previous WOB threads, or search for any number of my threads dealing specifically with independent leagues.

Honestly, I'd have more incentive to work on this project if Markus cared about independent leagues; but he's practically never even mentioned them. In fact, he seems completely unaware that there is a problem at all...what's the point of working on a massive project if fundamental components will never function properly? Even EHM has a much more sophisticated player-movement engine; and it's over five years old.

Last edited by Dr. P.R. Park III; 07-28-2012 at 11:11 PM.
Dr. P.R. Park III is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
eternal (07-28-2012), SirMichaelJordan (07-29-2012)
Old 07-29-2012, 07:41 AM   #62
ohms_law
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 56x in 35 posts
FYI: Something went wrong with this during my test run. I got an error message saying that "Washington has an illegal number of players (6)" about a quarter of the way through the first season. The Nats and all of their farm teams were OK though, along with every other team that I looked at, so... I kinda gave up. I may look at it again later, we'll see.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:13 PM   #63
SirMichaelJordan
All Star Starter

Thanked 892x in 539 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohms_law View Post
FYI: Something went wrong with this during my test run. I got an error message saying that "Washington has an illegal number of players (6)" about a quarter of the way through the first season. The Nats and all of their farm teams were OK though, along with every other team that I looked at, so... I kinda gave up. I may look at it again later, we'll see.
Maybe its an indy named Washington.

I had a similar problem before with the startup.

I decided to start from scratch using WOB as a reference.

I plan on adding all college team's from Nutt's NCAA. I plan on having something very basic as I dont really care for real players outside of MLB. However, I still want all the main leagues aroubd the workd plus indies to soak up the FA list.

What's the best way to adding Cuba? Should I leave the "feeder" out and just turn hidden/international FA on? Or make a Cuban Prospect league that feed into the Cuban National Series? I want Cuban players to defect at all ages and dont know how to go about this.
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:14 PM   #64
clamel
All Star Reserve

Thanked 46x in 30 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohms_law View Post
I've been messing around with this for a few days now, and was just about to start simulating a couple of seasons to see what happens. I guess that I'll post an update here later tonight or tomorrow, now.

By the way, I already changed all of the indy leagues to the International classification (no clue why they were set to ML, or what effect that would have). I also added the Mexican leagues, and messed around with the financials some.
What is the financial results for the INDY leagues having them set as Internationals. All other International leagues seams to work as I understand, so perhaps the Indy leagues could stay healthy as such.
I read the pro-con idea for having them as ML leagues but the biggest problems seams to be financials after all.
Having them set the same as Venezuela and such surely must help out financial.

Info on you test would be appreciated.
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:18 PM   #65
mjkim700
Bat Boy

Thanked 2x in 1 post
Hello I'm new to OOTP and I'm on the mac, I DL your file and unziped it and put it in my saved games folder, what now?
mjkim700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:07 PM   #66
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

For those interested, I've completely redone the WOB 13 project from scratch. Currently, I've got all major leagues represented throughout the world, in addition to winter leagues, independent leagues, and some interesting fictional feeder leagues.

Also, the universe includes the following feeder leagues for the MLB: 1.) NCAA Division I (a huge chunk of DI, but not all, courtesy of Nutt) 2.) NCAA Division II (again, neutered for performance sake) 3.) NCAA DIII (these are really DII teams that I decided to use as DIII because eriqjaffe did some amazing logos) 4.) JuCo (neutered) 5.) NAIA (neutered and really DII teams). In addition to those collegiate leagues, there's also an amateur European league, and Dominican and Venezuelan prospect leagues.

I'm still working on some settings, but I'll update the first post once I upload the latest DAT files. At this point most stadiums are inaccurate, as are rosters.

I'll showcase a few players later that I feel are perfect emulations of the world of baseball. I've noticed quite a few players being drafted from the Caribbean leagues, being released and picked up by Euro teams, and then making their way to the NA independent leagues, before being signed by the MLB. It's definitely fun reading through a majority of players histories!
6 thanks for this post:
ashantewarrier (02-02-2013), Garethw87 (04-04-2013), Lukas Berger (01-29-2013), mgom27 (01-30-2013), nutt (02-01-2013), SirMichaelJordan (01-29-2013)
Old 01-29-2013, 07:06 PM   #67
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Thanked 8,816x in 4,421 posts
Excellent news. Always happy to hear of a new version of the W.O.B. You do such a great job with it.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:46 PM   #68
arca
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Hi, very good news. Does it means therr is a new link to download your world? I am really interested to load it, a link is possible please? Thank you
arca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:04 PM   #69
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

Just updated the first post with a link to the WOB 13 BETA 2.0. This is much more efficient, yet still robust universe that can keep you very busy if you're interested in micromanaging. Hope you enjoy!

BTW: if you run into teams not signing enough players, either tweak the foreigner player settings (if applicable) or amateur draft settings, or simply just fill with fictional players.
Thank you for this post:
Lukas Berger (02-03-2013)
Old 02-05-2013, 01:10 PM   #70
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

If anyone is interested, I often micromanage the offseason as commish to emulate the following:

1.) Posting of Japanese players for MLB teams
2.) Plucking and signing amateur free agents from Caribbean development leagues
3.) Signing of independent league players by MLB organizations
4.) Create an affiliated AAA league and call it "Extended Spring Training - Minor League Camp" coordinate the season to go before Spring training and last until the beginning of S-A; I put my recently injured-rehabing players here, and also any interesting prospect or NRI player for more try out time)
5.) Have a Winter League (either affiliated or consisting of independent players)

There are a few others, if anyone is interested in my work-arounds, let me know. Most if not all require quite a bit of manual commissioner work, but it really adds to the immersion!

Last edited by Dr. P.R. Park III; 02-05-2013 at 01:12 PM.
2 thanks for this post:
ashantewarrier (02-06-2013), mgom27 (02-07-2013)
Old 02-06-2013, 09:47 PM   #71
vamosrafa
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 10x in 9 posts
download is only .dat files.... how to get other folders?
vamosrafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:51 AM   #72
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

Yep, dat files only is correct. Extract, put all of them into one folder titled "WOB 13.lg" within saved games and launch.

The overall size of the universe easily exceeds 1 GB if I were to include everything; not to mention graphics nor stadiums and pretty much everything isn't configured, nor will it be.

These DAT files are essentially a framework for you to build off of.
2 thanks for this post:
ashantewarrier (02-27-2013), skunkle333 (02-07-2013)
Old 02-07-2013, 02:00 AM   #73
vamosrafa
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 10x in 9 posts
right, causae when i bring up the main page it is unable to load
vamosrafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:22 AM   #74
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

Again:

1.) Extract all of the DAT's file into a single folder, call it whatever you like, but end it with .LG
2.) Put that folder in your /Saved Games folder (notice the other folders with .LG extensions?)
3.) Simply load the game in OOTP, the game will create the entire file-folder structure and do all of the work
4.) If you're still having issues, make sure you have the latest patch
5.) This is free so it might not work for you

You're welcome.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:35 AM   #75
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 289x in 220 posts
How about this in Addons Section?
Old 03-01-2013, 07:37 PM   #76
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

Thanked 418x in 243 posts
any update on the current build towards 14?
nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:31 PM   #77
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 530x in 306 posts
FYI- Been playing with your awesome WOB mod, but unfortunately it seems to generate quite a few RTE errors. I think the reason may come from various templates used to create WOB.

To avoid the RTE's, I've decided to create my own version from scratch using your mod as a guide. Your settings and creation modifiers are spot on! Your work on this mod is much appreciated!
-Jackie Robinson, #42 Brooklyn Dodgers

"Hitting is better than sex." - Reggie Jackson

OOTP MLB & NCAA Caps & Jerseys
http://s1232.photobucket.com/profile/ashantewarrier
ashantewarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:05 PM   #78
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

Ashante, please share your version once you think it's ready! You're right, the RTE's are definitely associated with the various templates and what not that didn't get purged or were already too much a part of certain aspects of the game.

Every year I try to create some version of the overall universe, but there's been less motivation to do so over the years. I might just have to pick up yours and go when it's ready!
Thank you for this post:
ashantewarrier (04-18-2013)
Old 04-13-2013, 02:01 AM   #79
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

Thanked 418x in 243 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. P.R. Park III View Post
Ashante, please share your version once you think it's ready! You're right, the RTE's are definitely associated with the various templates and what not that didn't get purged or were already too much a part of certain aspects of the game.

Every year I try to create some version of the overall universe, but there's been less motivation to do so over the years. I might just have to pick up yours and go when it's ready!
I dunno if anyone has ever noticed, but when I've made WOB mods from 11-13, I've noticed triplicates (two duplicates) of all types of coaches as well as ballparks.
nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:36 AM   #80
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

Yeah, that's always been an issue and is the consequence of using various templates. The purge feature and mass delete personnel are especially helpful, but stadiums are uneffected by those utilities. I'll probably start work on another project in the future and make more of a conscious effort to integrate the templates (though ideally I'd construct the universe from scratch and not use any templates, to prevent duplicates and what not.)

Nutt, do you plan on continuing work on your NCAA project? WOB and the NCAA project have a symbiotic relationship, I'd like to keep that alive and kicking!